Noah Hartsock needs to____________

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • old_gregg
    scaly man fish
    • Nov 2009
    • 16915

    #61
    Originally posted by LA Coug View Post
    hair comes from the mother's side
    and since she's a volleyball player, they're going to be covered in hair.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #62
      Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
      Cute libero on the volleyball team.
      There are liberals at BYU?
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • Flystripper
        Degenerate Gambler
        • Nov 2008
        • 14094

        #63
        Photoshop removed the box he was kneeling on...


        Dyslexics are teople poo...

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37987

          #64
          Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
          So their kids will have some lift and no hair?
          Looks like she's a defensive specialist... Does that mean she doesn't play near the net? I was hoping she was a hitter.

          also, I just learned that libero = defensive specialist.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • KillerDog
            a.k.a. K-dog
            • Feb 2009
            • 4196

            #65
            OK, libero is a backrow only player in volleyball. Noah's wife only plays back row. That doesn't mean she isn't tall or athletic. I haven't seen her. BYU's best libero ever (on the 2001 National Championship team) also was an all-American at outside hitter (2004 National Championship team) and had good size and athleticism. So, libero doesn't mean she is short, although it is likely she isn't 6' or taller.

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37987

              #66
              Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
              OK, libero is a backrow only player in volleyball. Noah's wife only plays back row. That doesn't mean she isn't tall or athletic. I haven't seen her. BYU's best libero ever (on the 2001 National Championship team) also was an all-American at outside hitter (2004 National Championship team) and had good size and athleticism. So, libero doesn't mean she is short, although it is likely she isn't 6' or taller.
              According to her byucougars.com profile, she's 5'6". So lets hope she's got hops.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • KillerDog
                a.k.a. K-dog
                • Feb 2009
                • 4196

                #67
                Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Looks like she's a defensive specialist... Does that mean she doesn't play near the net? I was hoping she was a hitter.

                also, I just learned that libero = defensive specialist.
                libero does not equal defensive specialist. No reason to be ashamed. Libero is called that because the position doesn't count against your substitution limits (or something like that). They are limited to the back row (even their setting in front of the 3 meter line is limited) but they can serve (which a defensive specialist traditionally couldn't. I would say a libero is a passing specialist not a defensive specialist.

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #68
                  That is unique to marry a Mormon woman that only wants to play the back row. The times..they are a changin!
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Flystripper
                    Degenerate Gambler
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14094

                    #69
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    That is unique to marry a Mormon woman that only wants to play the back row. The times..they are a changin!
                    especially a woman that prefers to go after balls from her knees!

                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

                    Comment

                    • KillerDog
                      a.k.a. K-dog
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 4196

                      #70
                      Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      especially a woman that prefers to go after balls from her knees!


                      Volleyball girls are great. They even come with kneepads.

                      Comment

                      • Green Monstah
                        Royal Rooter
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 13963

                        #71
                        Next year, I"d like to see Hartsock develop a little baby hook. He's got those long arms and is coordinated enough to add that to his aresenal. I think he'll have an exceptional year if he can learn to play with his back to the bucket a bit.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                        Comment

                        • KillerDog
                          a.k.a. K-dog
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 4196

                          #72
                          Originally posted by RedSox View Post
                          Next year, I"d like to see Hartsock develop a little baby hook. He's got those long arms and is coordinated enough to add that to his aresenal. I think he'll have an exceptional year if he can learn to play with his back to the bucket a bit.
                          He has a baby hook. He lacks lift to get it off amongst the big boys so he has modified his game to focus on his strengths. I don't think we need him as a post player on offense next year. I think he needs to add a controlled dribble drive to his arsenal.

                          Comment

                          • Clark Addison
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 10312

                            #73
                            Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                            He has a baby hook. He lacks lift to get it off amongst the big boys so he has modified his game to focus on his strengths. I don't think we need him as a post player on offense next year. I think he needs to add a controlled dribble drive to his arsenal.
                            Is that based on an assumption that Davies will be back? Or do you see someone knew helping out there?

                            Comment

                            • Paperback Writer
                              Signature won a Pulitzer
                              • Nov 2010
                              • 5211

                              #74
                              Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                              OK, libero is a backrow only player in volleyball. Noah's wife only plays back row. That doesn't mean she isn't tall or athletic. I haven't seen her. BYU's best libero ever (on the 2001 National Championship team) also was an all-American at outside hitter (2004 National Championship team) and had good size and athleticism. So, libero doesn't mean she is short, although it is likely she isn't 6' or taller.
                              That kind of had me confused since I occasionally follow NCAA Div I Women's volleyball and thought somehow BYU had won a couple of titles ('01 & '04) that I wasn't aware of in Women's volleyball. And that a female (not male) athlete made the transition from backline to be a great outside hitter (which would be unusual for a female but possible I suppose). Not sure if that argument works as well for men but I don't follow Men's volleyball.

                              In case others got confused. A male volleyball player must have been referenced since BYU won it's NCAA titles in 2001 and 2004 in Men's Volleyball. Stanford won Women's volleyball titles in both 2001 and 2004.
                              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                              "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

                              Comment

                              • KillerDog
                                a.k.a. K-dog
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 4196

                                #75
                                Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                                Is that based on an assumption that Davies will be back? Or do you see someone knew helping out there?
                                Davies will be back.

                                Comment

                                Working...