Utah Bigtiming USU

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Top Ute
    Junior Member
    • May 2010
    • 2194

    #16
    Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    Yes, tis true. We invited Nevada and Fresno into the MWC to replace us. Good point.
    Invitations never come with demands of a $5 million payment upon entry. Try again.

    Comment

    • myboynoah
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 21719

      #17
      Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
      Now USU's SOS will be REALLY bad.

      I enjoyed the trips up to Logan, but I don't consider USU a rival, so whatever.
      Didn't you go to USU, BO? I thought I remember you saying something about liking to attend USU games. Is my memory failing me?
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

      Comment

      • myboynoah
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 21719

        #18
        Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
        Invitations never come with demands of a $5 million payment upon entry. Try again.


        How much to you figure Utah is paying for PAC-10 entrance? $10+ million for sure.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

        Comment

        • BoylenOver
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 9146

          #19
          Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          Didn't you go to USU, BO? I thought I remember you saying something about liking to attend USU games. Is my memory failing me?
          I dated a girl that went there. I've seen Utah play up there four times (2 BB, 2 FB), plus a BSU FB game and BYU/Nevada BB games. It's a fun environment.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

          Comment

          • Top Ute
            Junior Member
            • May 2010
            • 2194

            #20
            Originally posted by myboynoah View Post


            How much to you figure Utah is paying for PAC-10 entrance? $10+ million for sure.
            We could pay $100 million and we'd recoup that investment in a matter of years. Fresno and Reno? They'll never earn back that $5 million. Haven't you heard -- the MWC and The Mtn. are going to go belly-up now that BYU has left.

            Comment

            • OrangeUte
              Max Hall hates me.
              • Nov 2008
              • 2294

              #21
              I don't buy it. I think stew has some bad info.

              Comment

              • OrangeUte
                Max Hall hates me.
                • Nov 2008
                • 2294

                #22
                I stand corrected.



                I love this series and hope it continues soon.

                Comment

                • CJF
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8497

                  #23
                  Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  BUT WE ARE BIG TIME!! And the Aggeis small potatoes. We've got no room on our dance card for them.
                  Too busy with the heavy weights that are Pepperdine, Bradley and Portland?
                  A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                  Comment

                  • BoylenOver
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 9146

                    #24
                    Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                    That definitely sounds like what Stew said
                    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                    Comment

                    • Moliere
                      One man.....one pie
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 27897

                      #25
                      What a bunch of red-bellied chickens.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                      Comment

                      • DrumNFeather
                        Invisible Swordsman
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 8854

                        #26
                        Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                        That definitely sounds like what Stew said
                        Yep. Sounds a bit more complicated than that. Plus, why would Utah cancel in a year when they get a home game? My guess is that Utah proposed a game at the HC and then one at ESA, maybe over the holidays. Just a guess though. I suspect they would offer Weber something similar.
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                        Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #27
                          Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                          Yep. Sounds a bit more complicated than that. Plus, why would Utah cancel in a year when they get a home game? My guess is that Utah proposed a game at the HC and then one at ESA, maybe over the holidays. Just a guess though. I suspect they would offer Weber something similar.
                          You could work in the media with that spin.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • pellegrino
                            miserere me
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 12100

                            #28
                            This will backfire for Utah, mark my words.
                            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                            Alessandro Manzoni

                            Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                            pelagius

                            Comment

                            • BoylenOver
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 9146

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                              What a bunch of red-bellied chickens.
                              Them's fightin words
                              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                              Comment

                              • LA Ute
                                Receiver of Memory
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 19512

                                #30
                                I don't know what is more powerful about this story - on the one hand, I am sad that the USU-Utah hoops rivalry might end; on the other, when I see how outraged my BYU fan friends are on USU's behalf, that's just so...touching.
                                Last edited by LA Ute; 11-24-2010, 08:35 AM.
                                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                                ― W.H. Auden


                                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                                Comment

                                Working...