bb recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MartyFunkhouser
    Disciple of RNGesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 18757

    #76
    Dave Rose just doesn't lose these types of battles. Congrats on getting Loveridge. I never really expected the Utes to have a shot anyway.

    Damn you Dave Rose.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

    Comment

    • Goatnapper'96
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10924

      #77
      Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
      congrats.

      Pretty disappointing and devastating recruiting loss for Utah fans that were hoping to see their program start to turn around.

      With Loveridge, Chatman and Parker, you guys are going to be VERY good.
      I highly doubt BYU lands Jabari Parker. But if they did, he would be a difference maker. Further, he would come at a time where there is likely to be a really good and experienced core with Carlino, Haws and Harrison.
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

      I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

      Comment

      • HBCoug
        Peanut Gallery Asshat
        • Dec 2008
        • 2082

        #78
        Big Love!

        Comment

        • Portland Ute
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 5647

          #79
          Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
          Dave Rose just doesn't lose these types of battles. Congrats on getting Loveridge. I never really expected the Utes to have a shot anyway.

          Damn you Dave Rose.
          I thought Utah had a shot. He's from Salt Lake Valley, apparently hasn't got any strong ties to BYU. He's assured to get major playing time as soon as he lands on campus and would be playing in a major conference.

          Sounds like you've given up all hope of Utah ever turning the program around. I understand your fascination with Oregon with that kind of attitude.

          Comment

          • Goatnapper'96
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 10924

            #80
            Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            Dave Rose just doesn't lose these types of battles. Congrats on getting Loveridge. I never really expected the Utes to have a shot anyway.

            Damn you Dave Rose.
            I figured he would end up at BYU because for the reasons you state. However, I have read enough to conclude the kid played it real well as many fans of different teams, who I believe to be insiders, really believed their team had a real good shot.

            But in the end, I think Loveridge recognized that BYU's style of play is a real good fit for him. He is an undersized, but highly skilled, 4 that can play both inside and out. BYU has no reservations of playing a 6'6" 4 and seems to prefer the model of taking either an undersized 4 or a large wing and playing him at the 4. It makes the team more athletic and able to get up and down the court. Loveridge really has no idea what type of system Krystkowiak will use. I think that unknown, especially when BYU's system is such a positive known in this unique case, has to really kill the Utes shot.
            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
            -General George S. Patton

            I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
            -DOCTOR Wuap

            Comment

            • Flystripper
              Degenerate Gambler
              • Nov 2008
              • 14095

              #81
              Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
              Dave Rose just doesn't lose these types of battles. Congrats on getting Loveridge. I never really expected the Utes to have a shot anyway.

              Damn you Dave Rose.
              To be honest I thought USU had a better chance with Loveridge than Utah did since his teammates and friends are headed up to Logan.
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69723

                #82
                Isn't Loveridge the kid that just tore it up this summer in the AAU circuit?
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • Goatnapper'96
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10924

                  #83
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Isn't Loveridge the kid that just tore it up this summer in the AAU circuit?
                  Yes.
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

                  I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

                  Comment

                  • LiveCoug
                    LA Ute loves me
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18488

                    #84
                    Whoa... Take heart Ute fans!



                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69723

                      #85
                      Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                      Yes.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Jacob
                        Junior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 6801

                        #86
                        Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        So this year BYU is looking to land Loveridge and Chapman. Chapman is mission bound out of HS, so BYU's roster next year will be:

                        Davies - SR
                        Rogers - SR
                        Zylstra - SR
                        Martineau - SR
                        Collinsworth - JR
                        Carlino - SO
                        Haws - SO
                        Sharp - SO
                        Harrison - SO
                        Austin - SO
                        Winder - SO
                        Harward - FR
                        Loveridge - FR

                        So unless either Zylstra or Martineau give up the sport after this year, BYU is done recruiting for this year. Who is BYU targetting for 2012-2013 recruiting year? My understanding is BYU has hoops offers out to the following rising JRs Talon Shumway, Nick Emery and Jabari Parker. Is BYU recruiting anyone else?
                        There is always an extra schollie that will open up and one of those guys you mention may be gone. If Austin and Harward are not impressing this year, BYU has no choince but to try to bring in some tall help.

                        Comment

                        • Portland Ute
                          Junior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 5647

                          #87
                          Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          I'm not falling for the double junk punch. I've done it in the past.

                          Fool me once, shame on you.

                          Fool me more than once, shame on me.

                          I'm ready to stop shaming myself.

                          Congrats, BYU fans.

                          Although, if Harmon is right, then mpfunk has egg on his face.

                          Comment

                          • LiveCoug
                            LA Ute loves me
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 18488

                            #88
                            Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                            I'm not falling for the double junk punch. I've done it in the past.

                            Fool me once, shame on you.

                            Fool me more than once, shame on me.

                            I'm ready to stop shaming myself.

                            Congrats, BYU fans.
                            Click on the link PU.

                            Comment

                            • Jacob
                              Junior Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 6801

                              #89
                              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                              Grrr. I'll believe it when I see it. He's been going to practices at BYU and is friends with current players.

                              Comment

                              • Goatnapper'96
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 10924

                                #90
                                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                The Pac-12 has sold! Lizbeth honey, I am comin' to join ya!
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

                                I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

                                Comment

                                Working...