bb recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jacob
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 6801

    #106
    Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    I believe that Utah can turn the program around, but our turnaround isn't going to be because instate LDS kids. How often has Dave Rose lost an instate LDS kid that he wants?
    Most of the top LDS Utah kids in recent years have been from Utah County. That makes Dave Rose's job pretty easy. I don't think Rose has gotten a majority of top SL County recruits, has he?

    Comment

    • WashingtonCoug
      Monsters like me
      • Jan 2009
      • 1489

      #107
      It's official

      "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
      —Abraham Maslow

      Comment

      • Portland Ute
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 5647

        #108
        Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        I believe that Utah can turn the program around, but our turnaround isn't going to be because instate LDS kids. How often has Dave Rose lost an instate LDS kid that he wants?
        So, you are changing your tune from "We never had any chance to get him" to "Well, this doesn't mean much because we aren't going to turn the program around with instate LDS kids."

        Got it. Glad to have you aboard, Ute Brother!!!

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69706

          #109
          dammit.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #110
            I guess he couldn't qualify. Didn't really want him anyway.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #111
              So Junkie was talking about Loveridge? Junk, you're using big-time loosely!
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • Goatnapper'96
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10924

                #112
                Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                I am honestly surprised. That is not to say that I don't believe there are good reasons for him to have picked Utah. I just really thought that his style of play was a really good fit at BYU and that would carry the day for him.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

                I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

                Comment

                • Hsaru
                  Junior Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 1109

                  #113
                  I'll cover the other usual excuse for when BYU loses players to Utah. Kid didn't want to live the honor code.

                  Who can blame him, I was LDS and didn't want to live it either when I was 18.

                  Comment

                  • WashingtonCoug
                    Monsters like me
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 1489

                    #114
                    Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                    I am honestly surprised. That is not to say that I don't believe there are good reasons for him to have picked Utah. I just really thought that his style of play was a really good fit at BYU and that would carry the day for him.
                    I've gotta say I'm shocked as well. When he took USU off his list, I thought we had him in the bag. He's good friends with Abouo and a few other players. Krysko stole a good one.
                    "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                    —Abraham Maslow

                    Comment

                    • jay santos
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 13652

                      #115
                      Boo! I wanted this kid.

                      Comment

                      • Jacob
                        Junior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 6801

                        #116
                        Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                        I've gotta say I'm shocked as well. When he took USU off his list, I thought we had him in the bag. He's good friends with Abouo and a few other players. Krysko stole a good one.
                        I thought it was very strange that he took USU off his list and left Weber on. Should have realized at that point that he had no brain.

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #117
                          He'll transfer to BYU soon enough.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • WashingtonCoug
                            Monsters like me
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 1489

                            #118
                            Any chance that we can get him in trouble for the recruiting violations that were being committed by BYU and Utah fans on twitter earlier this year?
                            "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                            —Abraham Maslow

                            Comment

                            • Eddie
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 8098

                              #119
                              Complete meltdown on CB now about how this kid went to Utah because BYU is in the WCC.

                              Now - I don't know the kid's reasons. There are plenty of possible ones to pick from. But how is everyone so sure that conference affiliation is it?


                              And to be quite frank - I think it would be hilarious if/when BYU ever gets into a "big" conference to then lose a kid to a WCC team - just to see the reactions.

                              Comment

                              • cougjunkie
                                *Banned*
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 23223

                                #120
                                Dont worry Cougar nation his biggest hang up was the WCC vs Pac-12. He can not sign his LOE until November, I have a feeling things may change before then.
                                *Banned*

                                Comment

                                Working...