bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Greg Swaim says Dastrup will commit to BYU this week! He is as good as ours!

"Just got an e-mail from someone who should know that #BYU will likely get some very good basketball news from Dastrup later this week!!"
    So his timing was off but not surprised to see Swaim was ultimately correct.

Comment

• Here is a google doc I just saw on twitter of all the rosters through 2020.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0
      *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Here is a google doc I just saw on twitter of all the rosters through 2020.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0
        Fantastic document.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Is Worthington not planning on a mission?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            Is Worthington not planning on a mission?
            Right now he is not.
            *Banned*

Comment

• Missions Are Optional
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Am I the only one around here who thinks the effect the result of a single game on a recruit is way overstated by fans? I don't know how many people I've seen who are speculating that the Stanford win had something to do with Dastrup's change of heart.

It seems ridiculous to me. A kid goes through a long period of recruiting, talks with dozens of coaches, makes visits to schools, narrows down the list, talks with tons of people, and spends hours thinking about the decision, he finally decides on Ohio State (in what appears to have been a very close decision over BYU), holds a press conference where he announces his commitment, but then because BYU beats Stanford on the road, he changes his mind?

To me, this sort of speculation is a litmus test for fan delusion.
                If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                  Am I the only one around here who thinks the effect the result of a single game on a recruit is way overstated by fans? I don't know how many people I've seen who are speculating that the Stanford win had something to do with Dastrup's change of heart.

It seems ridiculous to me. A kid goes through a long period of recruiting, talks with dozens of coaches, makes visits to schools, narrows down the list, talks with tons of people, and spends hours thinking about the decision, he finally decides on Ohio State (in what appears to have been a very close decision over BYU), holds a press conference where he announces his commitment, but then because BYU beats Stanford on the road, he changes his mind?

You tell them, SoCal! Delusional indeed.

By the way, what is the latest update on Bigfoot?
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Am I the only one around here who thinks the effect the result of a single game on a recruit is way overstated by fans? I don't know how many people I've seen who are speculating that the Stanford win had something to do with Dastrup's change of heart.

The Stanford result had nothing to do with Dastrups decision.
                    *Banned*

Comment

These are 18 yo kids. Do you have teenage kids? They're not always the most rational.

Comment

• I recall Dastrup was rated a lot higher in the past. Injury?
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          I recall Dastrup was rated a lot higher in the past. Injury?
                          lol @ the ute coach bribing students to attend games. You hated that Boylen would give them pizza, now the students are getting cash. I am sure your blood is boiling.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            These are 18 yo kids. Do you have teenage kids? They're not always the most rational.
                            But they're not imbeciles.
                            If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

You must have a different experience than me as a parent.

Comment

I think you are getting really carried away with this point.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X