BYU Basketball 2023-2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

We were successful because we had incredible depth and had very few weak links, but we didn't have anyone who was a true star. If we had a true star and he left I would be upset. The only players we have on the team close to that are Fous and Robinson. I would be upset if either of them left.
    If Hall ends up transferring, what do you think the odds are we bring in a starting PG that would be better next year than Hall as a Junior would have been? I think those odds are quite low.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

If Hall ends up transferring, what do you think the odds are we bring in a starting PG that would be better next year than Hall as a Junior would have been? I think those odds are quite low.
      I don't know everyone in the portal, but there will be a lot of disgruntled, talented players in the portal from schools whose fans are weeping just as passionately right now as our own.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

There is nothing to worry about, my friend. According to NS, our next coach will be a downgrade in recruiting.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

There is nothing to worry about, my friend. According to NS, our next coach will be a downgrade in recruiting.
          If there were a portal for coaches, I would be more optimistic. If we had to replace Dallin Hall with someone who was required to wave a temple recommend, I would be more concerned.
          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Kevin Young? No college experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
              Kevin Young? No college experience?

If they can get Kevin Young, that would be incredible. Hire an associate head coach with good recruiting skills and then expand the recruiting department.

Could be awesome

Comment

• This is not pleasing to my soul

Comment

• Sheesh. MP salting the ground on his way out.

Comment

• Ok, that is making me actively dislike Pope now.
                    "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react." - Charles Swindoll

Comment

• I'll be surprised if this is the last bad news we get.

Comment

• Wow. I didn't know it but I hate Mark Pope.

Comment

Wow. I didn't know it but I hate Mark Pope.
                          He might need a few extra police patrols in his neighborhood before he packs his things.

Comment

• I mean, I don't fault Pope or Chandler for what they are doing. I'd do the same if I were in their position. The false sense of loyalty that is built up around college sports is becoming even more false than it was before. I wasn't much of a BYU basketball fan before (I mean BYU is my favorite team but college basketball outside of the NCAA tournament is pretty boring) and the product of college basketball just gets worse and worse every year. Kids leaving early to the NBA kind of hurt it. NIL hurt it more. Unlimited transfers for players might just kill it. The funny thing is that I don't have an issue with any of those three things being available to the players...which is probably why I was never a big fan in the first place.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I remember kind of laughing when he did it to UVU. Not so funny now but it is how things work. I get embarrassed sometimes when I realize I actually believed a coach might worry about going scorched earth on his way out. I'm sure in his mind that was his work.

Comment

Working...
                                X