Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang allright!

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• He drove me crazy against BYU, but don't know about the fit.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Dang allright!

Glad that he's back. I do think Dallin consulted with the artist who rendered that picture. I think Dallin told the artist to make him a little more handsome, a little more lean and a little more jacked. I would have done the same.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Awesome to see Hall back! With Khalifa gone and potentially Atiki, we really need to add 2 solid post players.
          "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react." - Charles Swindoll

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

Glad that he's back. I do think Dallin consulted with the artist who rendered that picture. I think Dallin told the artist to make him a little more handsome, a little more lean and a little more jacked. I would have done the same.
            "Just use a pic of 2003 Russell Crowe."

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

"Just use a pic of 2003 Russell Crowe."
              I prefer the 2024 version of Russell Crowe. It makes me feel Russell Crowesque.
              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I prefer the 2024 version of Russell Crowe. It makes me feel Russell Crowesque.
                I used to think he gained weight in preparation for a role, but it's been long enough that I realize he's just living the good life now.

Back to hoops, being in consideration for Pop Isaacs seems huge. That guy lit us up 3 times last year. Would love to have him on our team.

Comment

• Yay! This is great news. We have some momentum now.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                    I like Atiki, but him leaving isn't even a blip for me (no offense if you are reading this AAA!).
                    I see what you did there.

Comment

Dang allright!

I guess he wasn't good enough for Duke.

Comment

He drove me crazy against BYU, but don't know about the fit.

It seems like there was some dude who lit us up in conference this past year that had some legal issues (DUI, domestic abuse, or something). Was that Pop Isaacs or was that somebody else? If it was Pop, I suddenly feel much more strongly about repentance, mercy, and forgiveness.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

It seems like there was some dude who lit us up in conference this past year that had some legal issues (DUI, domestic abuse, or something). Was that Pop Isaacs or was that somebody else? If it was Pop, I suddenly feel much more strongly about repentance, mercy, and forgiveness.
                          It was him. He has a sexual assault allegation against him that was dropped when his team was at some tournament in the Bahamas.

Comment

• Did I read here or on CB that the team is flying to Phoenix for tonight's playoff game? My sarcasm meter may be on the fritz. If true, very cool but who pays for that? Isn't giving non-game-related trips to players a problem, or in the age of NIL do such things not matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              Did I read here or on CB that the team is flying to Phoenix for tonight's playoff game? My sarcasm meter may be on the fritz. If true, very cool but who pays for that? Isn't giving non-game-related trips to players a problem, or in the age of NIL do such things not matter?
                              I had some of the same thoughts. Perhaps it's simply a bonafide team event.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Did I read here or on CB that the team is flying to Phoenix for tonight's playoff game? My sarcasm meter may be on the fritz. If true, very cool but who pays for that? Isn't giving non-game-related trips to players a problem, or in the age of NIL do such things not matter?
                                In NIL age, such things don’t matter. It’s pay to play, baby.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X