Brethren, adieu?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #46
    I want to know why it matters how many MWC players or former BYU players are in the NBA? Jimmer Fredette is doing things nobody in the MWC or at BYU has ever done before. The last person to do anything close was Danny Ainge and I think he had a pretty damn good career.

    Just because "historically" BYU does not have great success of sending players to the NBA does not have any bearing on Jimmer. By the way in the last 10 years both BYU and Utah each have a lottery pick. So what makes Utah fans the expert on NBA caliber players? Especially when that Ute fan is also a Wizards fan. You have watched high school level talent try to play basketball for Utah this year and college level talent try to play in the NBA. Your opinion is obviously skewed.
    *Banned*

    Comment

    • ERCougar
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10978

      #47
      Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      Yep. Notice that Boynton had his second highest scoring output of the year today, doubling his season average. There's a reason for that.
      Remember how KJ used to abuse the Jazz? I'm telling you--the Stockton comparison is apt. I agree that Jimmer's biggest liability is defense.
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

      Comment

      • CardiacCoug
        вот так штука
        • Nov 2008
        • 11013

        #48
        Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        Remember how KJ used to abuse the Jazz? I'm telling you--the Stockton comparison is apt. I agree that Jimmer's biggest liability is defense.
        I don't know about that. Stockton is the career NBA leader in steals, right? Somehow I don't see Jimmer being capable of that.

        I do remember Kevin Johnson getting into the lane at will on Stockton, though.

        Comment

        • ERCougar
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10978

          #49
          Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          I don't know about that. Stockton is the career NBA leader in steals, right? Somehow I don't see Jimmer being capable of that.

          I do remember Kevin Johnson getting into the lane at will on Stockton, though.
          Well, I'm not calling him Stockton yet. But steals do not make a great defender and Stockton got a lot of cheap steals. I'd never count on him to shut down or even slow down anyone.

          I'm only citing Stockton because Jimmer reminds me a lot of him (right down to his "scoop shots", which our resident Laker fan has surprisingly completely forgotten).
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #50
            Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
            This thread is hilarious, I'm book marking it.
            Thank you, UtahDan. I get that a lot.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • UtahDan
              *
              • Nov 2008
              • 14496

              #51
              Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
              What, you're going to prove us all wrong when the fairly low predictions we've set out (late first round-second round pick) comes to fruition? No one's suggesting he's going to be a lottery pick. I'm not quite sure what you find so funny.
              If Chris Paul can make it, why not Jimmer? They are similar.

              Comment

              • Fiyero
                Banned
                • Nov 2008
                • 5266

                #52
                Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                Remember how KJ used to abuse the Jazz? I'm telling you--the Stockton comparison is apt. I agree that Jimmer's biggest liability is defense.
                KJ is the mayor of Sacramento now.

                Comment

                • Mormon Red Death
                  BYU Delenda Est
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8077

                  #53
                  Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  I want to know why it matters how many MWC players or former BYU players are in the NBA? Jimmer Fredette is doing things nobody in the MWC or at BYU has ever done before. The last person to do anything close was Danny Ainge and I think he had a pretty damn good career.
                  What is he doing that no one else has ever done before?
                  "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

                  "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

                  Comment

                  • Flattop
                    Many books, little time
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 1452

                    #54
                    Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                    Well, I'm not calling him Stockton yet. But steals do not make a great defender and Stockton got a lot of cheap steals.
                    Wait, steals don't make a great defender? So Foster winning DPOY was the right result after all?
                    Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                    Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                    Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

                    Comment

                    • UtahDan
                      *
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14496

                      #55
                      Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                      What is he doing that no one else has ever done before?
                      Giving BYU fans a collective stiffy.

                      Comment

                      • All-American
                        Right, as Usual
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 15666

                        #56
                        Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                        Giving BYU fans a collective stiffy.
                        Playing as well as anybody in the country and not looking like a greasy-haired vampire?
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69711

                          #57


                          UD usually does this kind of trolling on CB.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • UtahDan
                            *
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 14496

                            #58
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post


                            UD usually does this kind of trolling on CB.
                            I usually have to GO to CB for it to work.

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #59
                              Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              I usually have to GO to CB for it to work.
                              because you aren't very good at it (sorry, just being honest!)
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • woot
                                Resident Science Cop
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 5531

                                #60
                                Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                                Giving BYU fans a collective stiffy.
                                Meanwhile, SU is flaccid with rage!

                                Comment

                                Working...