Official BYU vs Florida thread...........

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BoylenOver
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 9146

    #211
    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    While I agree with this post, I also agree with BITF that SUs schtick is growing tired and old. He needs to find something new.
    Funny.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

    Comment

    • DU Ute
      RIP CUF
      • Dec 2008
      • 7393

      #212
      Barry Melrose just picked BYU to win the whole enchilada on ESPN!!!!
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

      Comment

      • BoylenOver
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 9146

        #213
        Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
        Barry Melrose just picked BYU to win the whole enchilada on ESPN!!!!
        Their club hockey team is good, but better than teams like Boston, Denver, and Minnesota? He's going out on quite a limb.
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

        Comment

        • DU Ute
          RIP CUF
          • Dec 2008
          • 7393

          #214
          Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
          Their club hockey team is good, but better than teams like Boston, Denver, and Minnesota? He's going out on quite a limb.
          Jimmer's from his hometown.
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #215
            Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
            Oh no, someone took your attempted insult that you were mocking me that I cared about something on a message board and turned it around on you. I know use a silly emoticon! Thread win.

            Did you think it hurt my feelings that you said it bothered me? On a scale of an ant crawling across the kitchen counter to home invasion, you bothering me was below the ant. Just because it bothered me didn't mean it changed the course of my day.
            :bomb:
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #216
              Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              Funny.
              Yes, it is, considering junkie is the biggest BYU homer and Ute hater in the universe.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #217
                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                Oh no, someone took your attempted insult that you were mocking me that I cared about something on a message board and turned it around on you. I know use a silly emoticon! Thread win.

                Did you think it hurt my feelings that you said it bothered me? On a scale of an ant crawling across the kitchen counter to home invasion, you bothering me was below the ant. Just because it bothered me didn't mean it changed the course of my day.
                :bomb:
                I have just read this back and forth between you two and I am puzzled.

                I probably should be directing this to Blueintheface, not really you, so sorry. I'm going to do something here that will likely get me into serious trouble by the head cheese....I am going to attempt to speak for Jeff Lebowski here....

                I think there has been a misunderstanding of Jeff Lebowski's comment. SeattleUte needs no public defender. He is his own counsel and does just fine. I think JeffLebowski wasn't really defending honor as much as simply trying to offer perspective...from one long-time poster that has seen the telltale signs of the sly fox in the chicken coop, he was simply saying, "relax, you are over-reacting to harmless banter."

                For the record, I can testify with every fiber of my being that there is no concerted effort to protect the old guard at the expense of the newcomers. If anything, there are some in the old guard that purposely refrain, so as not to scare off the newcomers.

                Just my take, of course, but it seems to make some sense.

                If anything, blueintheface should wear this as a badge of honor. He is the recipient of a moderately elusive Jeff Lebowski "Lighten up, francis." creekster has been known to dole these out on select worthy recipients, as well. technically your CUF scavenger hunt card cannot be completed until you receive the now-defunct Jeff Lebowski, "oh brother," so blueintheface still has work to do.

                ps in case anyone wonders, I am a proud recipient of a Jeff Lebowski "Oh, brother." It is a very exclusive club.

                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #218
                  One thing I miss about CG was MikeWaters' posts about hoops. And I really miss his smack with TAMU. That stuff was epic.

                  Are there any Gators visiting CB? Anybody been over to their boards at all?
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69723

                    #219
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    I have just read this back and forth between you two and I am puzzled.

                    I probably should be directing this to Blueintheface, not really you, so sorry. I'm going to do something here that will likely get me into serious trouble by the head cheese....I am going to attempt to speak for Jeff Lebowski here....

                    I think there has been a misunderstanding of Jeff Lebowski's comment. SeattleUte needs no public defender. He is his own counsel and does just fine. I think JeffLebowski wasn't really defending honor as much as simply trying to offer perspective...from one long-time poster that has seen the telltale signs of the sly fox in the chicken coop, he was simply saying, "relax, you are over-reacting to harmless banter."

                    For the record, I can testify with every fiber of my being that there is no concerted effort to protect the old guard at the expense of the newcomers. If anything, there are some in the old guard that purposely refrain, so as not to scare off the newcomers.

                    Just my take, of course, but it seems to make some sense.

                    If anything, blueintheface should wear this as a badge of honor. He is the recipient of a moderately elusive Jeff Lebowski "Lighten up, francis." creekster has been known to dole these out on select worthy recipients, as well. technically your CUF scavenger hunt card cannot be completed until you receive the now-defunct Jeff Lebowski, "oh brother," so blueintheface still has work to do.

                    ps in case anyone wonders, I am a proud recipient of a Jeff Lebowski "Oh, brother." It is a very exclusive club.

                    http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=51
                    "now-defunct"??

                    I still bust it out from time to time. I just like to avoid vain repetition. When you get one, you deserve it.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #220
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      "now-defunct"??

                      I still bust it out from time to time. I just like to avoid vain repetition. When you get one, you deserve it.
                      whoops, my bad.

                      "now defunct" was modifying "Jeff Lebowski," not "oh, brother."
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • ewth8tr
                        Reverend of Irreverence
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 2347

                        #221
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        One thing I miss about CG was MikeWaters' posts about hoops. And I really miss his smack with TAMU. That stuff was epic.

                        Are there any Gators visiting CB? Anybody been over to their boards at all?
                        Agreed, though it's the " I could beat Jimmer 1 on 1" posts that I miss the most.
                        "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #222
                          Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
                          Agreed, though it's the " I could beat Jimmer 1 on 1" posts that I miss the most.
                          Those were the best.

                          Love him or hate him, MikeWaters could turn a board into a tizzy with a single post, be it TAMU boards, CB, or even his own.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • SeattleUte
                            Faith crisis consultant
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 20837

                            #223
                            For the record, I appreciate JL's support. It means everything.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                            --Jonathan Swift

                            Comment

                            • Blueintheface
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 15382

                              #224
                              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              Oh no, someone took your attempted insult that you were mocking me that I cared about something on a message board and turned it around on you. I know use a silly emoticon! Thread win.

                              Did you think it hurt my feelings that you said it bothered me? On a scale of an ant crawling across the kitchen counter to home invasion, you bothering me was below the ant. Just because it bothered me didn't mean it changed the course of my day.
                              :bomb:
                              HFN. Please take your own advice and chill out. I wasn't trying to draw you out or even upset you. You don't agree with me on online "friendships". Big deal, but be a stand up guy and move on. What does it matter what I think anyway? I've never had a beef with you but if what I said confused or bothered you, than for that I apologize. I wasn't trying to elicit a response, I was trying to make light of a subject that got a little too heavy, too quickly.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                              Comment

                              • LiveCoug
                                LA Ute loves me
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18488

                                #225
                                Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                                HFN. Please take your own advice and chill out. I wasn't trying to draw you out or even upset you. You don't agree with me on online "friendships". Big deal, but be a stand up guy and move on. What does it matter what I think anyway? I've never had a beef with you but if what I said confused or bothered you, than for that I apologize. I wasn't trying to elicit a response, I was trying to make light of a subject that got a little too heavy, too quickly.

                                Comment

                                Working...