2020 presidential election straw poll

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69687

    #46
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I intended to vote for Biden.
    OK. Fixed.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37975

      #47
      Originally posted by fusnik View Post
      Lol.

      I honestly don’t remember who you are.
      Hey, that's SU's schtick.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • fusnik
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 4475

        #48
        Originally posted by USUC View Post
        I wholly reject the premise that this election is nothing more than a referendum on Trump. Down ballot races are much more meaningful than the stupid presidential race. There is a whole host of issues that people should be voting on. And it's rich hearing that I should put my hopes on reforming the GOP and returning to the norms of the past on Democrats, who float ideas of expanding the court, getting rid of the filibuster (which even McConnell himself refused to do despite Trump demanding it), adding states, creating pacta to skirt the electoral college, etc. Etc. Etc. Screw Trump, but also screw the Dems whose shenanigans helped usher in n Trump to begin with.
        OMG why do I even do this. Nobody with a brain thinks the Dems are going to reform the GOP. That’s for the GOP to do. America needs a healthy GOP to protect against the DCCC just like we need a strong DCCC to protect against an insane GOP. We need to defeat Trump and his enablers for the GOP to do that. Have you seen the GOP bench? We’re taking JR, Tucker Carlson, Josh Hawley, and Tom Cotton. We need to destroy Trump so that these clowns that are actually smart can’t get into the Oval.

        Vote down ticket however you want that’s your choice but to snub your nose at the most important race is insane.

        Comment

        • Bo Diddley
          Senior
          • Jul 2012
          • 18789

          #49
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          I intended to vote for Biden.

          Comment

          • Bo Diddley
            Senior
            • Jul 2012
            • 18789

            #50
            Originally posted by Commando View Post
            My takeaway: You like Trump.
            Only a sith deals in absolutes.

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #51
              Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              Only a sith deals in absolutes.
              Which... is also an absolutist statement.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • Commando
                Explosivo
                • Feb 2009
                • 20748

                #52
                Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                Only a sith deals in absolutes.
                No. I kind of addressed this, but there is obviously more than I hate Trump/I love Trump. There is an entire spectrum spanning the vast expanse between those two polar sides of the debate. Not that many people live there, but we must account for them for a more nuanced view of the state of affairs, if you will. Somewhere just to the right of the middle of the spectrum begins the group of people who are OK with Trump and don't feel threatened, offended, or otherwise inconvenienced by his reign. Those people can ESAD.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                Comment

                • Bo Diddley
                  Senior
                  • Jul 2012
                  • 18789

                  #53
                  Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  Which... is also an absolutist statement.
                  I should have known better than to outnerd you.

                  Comment

                  • USUC
                    Chronic Poseur
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 8786

                    #54
                    Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    Sure. You just have no urgency to get rid of Trump so you're voting according to your feelies. You're OK with Trump/ you like Trump whatever.
                    I have already gone on record here as to what outcomes I prefer in this election. My strategy has at least some acknowledgement that I don't live in a battleground state baked into it. But that is beside the point of this discussion. The smugness and derision with which either the Dem or Republican deals with people who don't vote in a binary fashion just shows how shitty both sides are. Sorry that me not buying what you are selling pisses you off. It's silly all the more because your individual vote means shit all in a presidential election statistically speaking. There's probably 2000 binary voters for every one of me. It's not worth getting all hot and bothered over outside of an opportunity to display self righteousness.

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #55
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      OK. Fixed.
                      Thanks.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • beefytee
                        Board eye candy
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 7542

                        #56
                        I've always considered myself a never Trump guy. I would never ever consider voting for him. I am about the only one who doesn't hate Hillary on this board. I've had my heart set on voting for Biden, but fus has gotten in my head. Maybe I don't hate Trump that much. Maybe somehow, some way, I will to vote for Trump.

                        Comment

                        • fusnik
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4475

                          #57
                          Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                          I've always considered myself a never Trump guy. I would never ever consider voting for him. I am about the only one who doesn't hate Hillary on this board. I've had my heart set on voting for Biden, but fus has gotten in my head. Maybe I don't hate Trump that much. Maybe somehow, some way, I will to vote for Trump.
                          Things you don’t hate that much:

                          Dudes who sexually assault people and brags about it
                          Dudes who endorse child predators
                          Dudes who mock the disabled
                          Dudes who mock service folks
                          Dudes who mock the dead
                          Dudes who say anti Semitic things
                          Dudes who say racist things
                          Dudes who call women monsters
                          Dudes who call for their political opponents to be jailed
                          Dudes who lose billions and billions of dollars
                          Dudes who sexualize their own daughters
                          Dudes who rape their ex wife
                          Dudes who get accused of raping a 13 year old with Epstein

                          We just aren’t serious people anymore.

                          Comment

                          • wapiti
                            Junior Member
                            • Apr 2012
                            • 2064

                            #58
                            I'm voting Other. If I lived in a state that mattered I would vote Biden. I don't care that Fus thinks that this is a vote for Trump. By definition, a vote for someone other than Trump is not a vote for Trump.

                            I will probably vote for Kanye.

                            Comment

                            • Commando
                              Explosivo
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 20748

                              #59
                              Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                              I'm voting Other. If I lived in a state that mattered I would vote Biden. I don't care that Fus thinks that this is a vote for Trump. By definition, a vote for someone other than Trump is not a vote for Trump.

                              I will probably vote for Kanye.
                              I have no problem with this. If you live anywhere near a swing state, though...
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                              Comment

                              • Non Sequitur
                                Where did I put my bodkin
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 5773

                                #60
                                Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                                Not that anyone cares....Biden has my vote. If he was in a coma, had terminal cancer, and had less than 6 months to live....still has my vote.
                                I would vote for the corpse of Charles Manson before I'd vote for Trump.
                                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                                Comment

                                Working...