2020 presidential election straw poll

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lost Student
    BAND!
    • Nov 2008
    • 4324

    #31
    Originally posted by Commando View Post
    OMG I would have murdered someone by now if I lived in Idaho. I can't even stand the Idahoans on my social media...
    There's your problem--stay off social media. Normal people in Idaho are just fine.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #32
      Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
      There's your problem--stay off social media. Normal people in Idaho are just fine.
      Maybe you're right. When I visit, I expect to get jumped but it never happens.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • Applejack
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2012
        • 3813

        #33
        Evan McMillan isn’t walking thru that door!!!

        Comment

        • USUC
          Chronic Poseur
          • Apr 2010
          • 8786

          #34
          GTFOH with your "it's a binary choice nonsense." I'm not voting for Trump or Biden. I'm voting for Jo Jorgensen. If the GOP wants my vote, they can actually practice what they preach in terms of limited government. Voting LP is my small way of communicating that. The Dems are so far away from limited government, not sure why you think I would consider them.

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #35
            Originally posted by USUC View Post
            GTFOH with your "it's a binary choice nonsense." I'm not voting for Trump or Biden. I'm voting for Jo Jorgensen. If the GOP wants my vote, they can actually practice what they preach in terms of limited government. Voting LP is my small way of communicating that. The Dems are so far away from limited government, not sure why you think I would consider them.
            At least you live in Utah. Trump already had your vote, so nbd I guess.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • USUC
              Chronic Poseur
              • Apr 2010
              • 8786

              #36
              Originally posted by Commando View Post
              At least you live in Utah. Trump already had your vote, so nbd I guess.
              Would it be a big deal if I lived in a battleground state? I honestly don't understand why voting for the candidate you like the most is such a controversial action. I'm Stephanie Slade from Reason went viral on Twitter this weekend and got absolutely savaged by both Republicans and Democrats for the mere suggestion of maybe not voting for Biden or Trump. It's hilarious how members of these two parties feel so entitled to everyone's vote. Neither of these smug parties are entitled to anything from me.

              Comment

              • The_Tick
                Made something of myself
                • Nov 2008
                • 7291

                #37
                Not that anyone cares....Biden has my vote. If he was in a coma, had terminal cancer, and had less than 6 months to live....still has my vote.

                Comment

                • fusnik
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4475

                  #38
                  Originally posted by USUC View Post
                  Would it be a big deal if I lived in a battleground state? I honestly don't understand why voting for the candidate you like the most is such a controversial action. I'm Stephanie Slade from Reason went viral on Twitter this weekend and got absolutely savaged by both Republicans and Democrats for the mere suggestion of maybe not voting for Biden or Trump. It's hilarious how members of these two parties feel so entitled to everyone's vote. Neither of these smug parties are entitled to anything from me.
                  We saw what a throw away vote to Gary Johnson or Jill Stein got us.

                  It’s not the parties, it’s America. America needs to know where people stand. This election is a referendum on Trump that’s it. It isn’t about anything except destroying Trumpism. After we evict this clown we can reestablish the GOP with new voices and start having genuine discussions on which way the country should head.

                  Trump wins say hello to president AOC in 4 years and the end of America 20 years after.

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #39
                    Originally posted by USUC View Post
                    Would it be a big deal if I lived in a battleground state? I honestly don't understand why voting for the candidate you like the most is such a controversial action. I'm Stephanie Slade from Reason went viral on Twitter this weekend and got absolutely savaged by both Republicans and Democrats for the mere suggestion of maybe not voting for Biden or Trump. It's hilarious how members of these two parties feel so entitled to everyone's vote. Neither of these smug parties are entitled to anything from me.
                    My takeaway: You like Trump.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • USUC
                      Chronic Poseur
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 8786

                      #40
                      Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                      We saw what a throw away vote to Gary Johnson or Jill Stein got us.

                      It’s not the parties, it’s America. America needs to know where people stand. This election is a referendum on Trump that’s it. It isn’t about anything except destroying Trumpism. After we evict this clown we can reestablish the GOP with new voices and start having genuine discussions on which way the country should head.

                      Trump wins say hello to president AOC in 4 years and the end of America 20 years after.
                      I wholly reject the premise that this election is nothing more than a referendum on Trump. Down ballot races are much more meaningful than the stupid presidential race. There is a whole host of issues that people should be voting on. And it's rich hearing that I should put my hopes on reforming the GOP and returning to the norms of the past on Democrats, who float ideas of expanding the court, getting rid of the filibuster (which even McConnell himself refused to do despite Trump demanding it), adding states, creating pacta to skirt the electoral college, etc. Etc. Etc. Screw Trump, but also screw the Dems whose shenanigans helped usher in n Trump to begin with.

                      Comment

                      • SeattleUte
                        Faith crisis consultant
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 20837

                        #41
                        I accidentally clicked the wrong button. How do fix it?
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                        --Jonathan Swift

                        Comment

                        • USUC
                          Chronic Poseur
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 8786

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          My takeaway: You like Trump.
                          Of course that is your take away. Somehow it's lost to ya'll that this mentality is as Trumpy as it gets. A complete lack of nuance.

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69687

                            #43
                            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            I accidentally clicked the wrong button. How do fix it?
                            You would have to tell me for whom you intend to vote and I can fix it. Here or via PM. I can tell who you accidentally voted for based on the vote count. I checked it a minute ago.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • SeattleUte
                              Faith crisis consultant
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 20837

                              #44
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              You would have to tell me for whom you intend to vote and I can fix it. Here or via PM. I can tell who you accidentally voted for based on the vote count. I checked it a minute ago.
                              I intended to vote for Biden.
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                              --Jonathan Swift

                              Comment

                              • Commando
                                Explosivo
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 20748

                                #45
                                Originally posted by USUC View Post
                                Of course that is your take away. Somehow it's lost to ya'll that this mentality is as Trumpy as it gets. A complete lack of nuance.
                                Sure. You just have no urgency to get rid of Trump so you're voting according to your feelies. You're OK with Trump/ you like Trump whatever.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                                Comment

                                Working...