2020 presidential election straw poll

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beefytee
    Board eye candy
    • Mar 2009
    • 7542

    #241
    Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    This is the first election that I have voted a Democrat for POTUS. I have for other offices just not the big one. Crazy how unifying Trump is.
    Me too.

    Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
    I decided whatever else is going on in the US, none of it can be resolved pragmatically through reasoned discourse as long as there is a president who thrives only when chaos prevails. Whatever disagreements and fears I have of any ideology represented along the political spectrum must be met with reason, nuance, data, research, science, and statesmanship. How the necessary compromises are reached is important.
    Yep

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69718

      #242
      Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
      Since I voted in this poll I went from 3rd party to Biden. JL can change that in the poll results.
      Done.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Omaha 680
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 11182

        #243
        Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
        I decided whatever else is going on in the US, none of it can be resolved pragmatically through reasoned discourse as long as there is a president who thrives only when chaos prevails. Whatever disagreements and fears I have of any ideology represented along the political spectrum must be met with reason, nuance, data, research, science, and statesmanship. How the necessary compromises are reached is important.
        This speaks to me. Given more time to think on this, it might have pulled me to the Biden camp. But I dropped off my ballot a week ago. I wrote in Ben Sasse because Fusnik told me he is the Kamala Harris of the right.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69718

          #244
          Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          This speaks to me. Given more time to think on this, it might have pulled me to the Biden camp. But I dropped off my ballot a week ago. I wrote in Ben Sasse because Fusnik told me he is the Kamala Harris of the right.
          Was that supposed to be a compliment or an insult?
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Omaha 680
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 11182

            #245
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Was that supposed to be a compliment or an insult?
            I have no idea because it is so wrong. I love Sasse btw and not just because he is from Nebraska.

            Comment

            Working...