Originally posted by Walter Sobchak
View Post
The lockdown collateral damage and death thread
Collapse
X
-
This belongs in the silver linings thread."...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
"You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
- SeattleUte
-
How many total videos are there on Facebook with mothers barely containing tears, contending that their children wearing masks makes them easy prey for the traffickers? I, an infrequent Facebook user, have seen 2 or 3.
Comment
-
I just don't think we have the data needed to give you an accurate answer. I don't even use Facebook.Originally posted by Clark Addison View PostHow many total videos are there on Facebook with mothers barely containing tears, contending that their children wearing masks makes them easy prey for the traffickers? I, an infrequent Facebook user, have seen 2 or 3.
https://www.facebook.com/savanna.haw...3109673959882/
Comment
-
whoa, that was weird. is child abduction really a problem? I thouht that like 99%+ of abductions were by relatives/family members and that abductions were very rare by strangers. Seems like fear mongering.Originally posted by Clark Addison View PostHow many total videos are there on Facebook with mothers barely containing tears, contending that their children wearing masks makes them easy prey for the traffickers? I, an infrequent Facebook user, have seen 2 or 3.
https://www.facebook.com/savanna.haw...3109673959882/"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf
Comment
-
I only made it through the first minute or so, waiting for her to say what she was going to say. Then I saw the video was over 20 minutes long. Nope. Not wasting my time on that. I'll find a different way to waste time.Originally posted by Moliere View Postwhoa, that was weird. is child abduction really a problem? I thouht that like 99%+ of abductions were by relatives/family members and that abductions were very rare by strangers. Seems like fear mongering.
As for abductions, I don't know the exact percentage, but my guess is it's a lot closer to 99% than it is to 0%.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
- Goatnapper'96
Comment
-
Here are the numbers:
According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, roughly 800,000 children are reported missing each year in the United States -- that's roughly 2,000 per day. Of those, there are 115 child "stranger abduction" cases each year, which means the child was taken by an unknown person.Last edited by beefytee; 08-12-2020, 09:22 AM.
Comment
-
It's kind of like gluten intolerance. It is a real thing, but grossly overstating the problem is a current fad.Originally posted by Moliere View Postwhoa, that was weird. is child abduction really a problem? I thouht that like 99%+ of abductions were by relatives/family members and that abductions were very rare by strangers. Seems like fear mongering."There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment
-
The lockdown collateral damage and death thread
Originally posted by beefytee View Post
Assuming the 800k reported missing is an accurate number, and assuming this breakdown from the NCMEC is accurate, what this means is that 0.5 to 1% of all teens run away from home, some multiple times per year.
I wonder how many of the 800k reported missing each year actually stay missing? Likely a fraction of a single percent. But there is no fear and there is no money in a reality where less than one tenth of one percent of children going missing each year.Last edited by Donuthole; 08-12-2020, 09:37 AM.Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss
There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock
Comment
-
Did you see her kid's choreographed removal of the mask? With packaging tape over his face underneath?Originally posted by Pelado View PostI only made it through the first minute or so, waiting for her to say what she was going to say. Then I saw the video was over 20 minutes long. Nope. Not wasting my time on that. I'll find a different way to waste time.
As for abductions, I don't know the exact percentage, but my guess is it's a lot closer to 99% than it is to 0%.
Sent from my SM-G930V using TapatalkAin't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
Haha. She is so pleased with herself for that. That wry smile she gives when she takes off the mask, albeit ever so brief, is just golden.Originally posted by falafel View PostDid you see her kid's choreographed removal of the mask? With packaging tape over his face underneath?Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss
There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock
Comment
-
"Would you have any idea if they couldn't even tell you that something was wrong?"Originally posted by Donuthole View PostHaha. She is so pleased with herself for that. That wry smile she gives when she takes off the mask, albeit ever so brief, is just golden.
I actually think its a great idea. I am so sick of my kids asking to buy a treat or a toy or whatever every time we go to the store. I'm going to duct tape their mouths and cover it with masks next time to maintain my sanity.Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
Originally posted by falafel View PostDid you see her kid's choreographed removal of the mask? With packaging tape over his face underneath?Nope, didn't make it that far.Originally posted by Donuthole View PostHaha. She is so pleased with herself for that. That wry smile she gives when she takes off the mask, albeit ever so brief, is just golden.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
- Goatnapper'96
Comment
-
You guys made me watch 7 minutes of that before she triumphantly removed the kid's mask. Next time, please give a time stamp.
I could not take her seriously, for she was not driving a car. And her eyebrows were distracting."...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
"You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
- SeattleUte
Comment
-
I skipped to the middle and saw the kid with packing tape over his mouth and thought, that is weird. Then I closed it.Originally posted by Pelado View PostNope, didn't make it that far.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
There's a group of old ladies in the ward next to ours that look to be pushing this stuff. Seems like it's making its way through teh Mormon network."Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf
Comment
Comment