2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #781
    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Lindsey Graham comes to mind.

    Nah- Trump wasn't his first pick as the nominee but he totally voted for him.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37987

      #782
      Originally posted by Commando View Post
      Nah- Trump wasn't his first pick as the nominee but he totally voted for him.
      Anti-Trumper, not Never-Trumper.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #783
        Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Nah- Trump wasn't his first pick as the nominee but he totally voted for him.
        Hold up. Are you being serious?

        Comment

        • Commando
          Explosivo
          • Feb 2009
          • 20748

          #784
          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          Hold up. Are you being serious?
          What is your timeline here? Do you consider people to be anti-Trump when they immediately start kissing his ass the second he wins the election? I don't.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37987

            #785
            Originally posted by Commando View Post
            What is your timeline here? Do you consider people to be anti-Trump when they immediately start kissing his ass the second he wins the election? I don't.
            No percentage in railing against the sitting President who is from your same party.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #786
              Originally posted by Commando View Post
              What is your timeline here? Do you consider people to be anti-Trump when they immediately start kissing his ass the second he wins the election? I don't.
              They have to be anti-Trump first. Then they have to embrace MAGA. Like when Lindsey Graham called Trump a jackass, race-baiting xenophobic bigot, and a nutjob and voted for Evan McMullen I think he was sufficiently anti-Trump. Then he embraced MAGA. I think that's the kind of person Moliere was referring to.

              Comment

              • Commando
                Explosivo
                • Feb 2009
                • 20748

                #787
                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                They have to be anti-Trump first. Then they have to embrace MAGA. Like when Lindsey Graham called Trump a jackass, race-baiting xenophobic bigot, and a nutjob and voted for Evan McMullen I think he was sufficiently anti-Trump. Then he embraced MAGA. I think that's the kind of person Moliere was referring to.
                Ok I get that. Maybe I don't even remember what it was like before the election... I consider myself anti-Trump, so maybe I can't conceive of a scenario where somebody like me could ever 'embrace MAGA.' Especially when I wouldn't even consider somebody like Mitt Romney to be particularly anti-Trump, even though he would never 'embrace MAGA.'

                Honestly, I kind of feel sorry for someone like Lindsay Graham. I can't imagine what that must feel like to have no actual core.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                Comment

                • Commando
                  Explosivo
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 20748

                  #788
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  No percentage in railing against the sitting President who is from your same party.
                  There is a middle ground, you know. Lindsay Graham has been almost melodramatic and performative in his ass kissing, whereas the majority of the other GOP legislators have been happy to just tow the line and say an embarrassingly fake endorsement of something Trump did every now and again.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37987

                    #789
                    Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    There is a middle ground, you know. Lindsay Graham has been almost melodramatic and performative in his ass kissing, whereas the majority of the other GOP legislators have been happy to just tow the line and say an embarrassingly fake endorsement of something Trump did every now and again.
                    Sure. But I guess that's just not who Lindsay Graham is.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37987

                      #790
                      Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      Ok I get that. Maybe I don't even remember what it was like before the election... I consider myself anti-Trump, so maybe I can't conceive of a scenario where somebody like me could ever 'embrace MAGA.' Especially when I wouldn't even consider somebody like Mitt Romney to be particularly anti-Trump, even though he would never 'embrace MAGA.'

                      Honestly, I kind of feel sorry for someone like Lindsay Graham. I can't imagine what that must feel like to have no actual core.
                      You don't think Mitt is anti-Trump?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Commando
                        Explosivo
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 20748

                        #791
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        You don't think Mitt is anti-Trump?
                        No. Mitt's not really anti. I'm sure his personal feeling is that Trump's a big phony asshole, but that's just the truth. Mitt's seemed to have been fairly objective and supportive of Trump when he's merited it.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                        Comment

                        • Pelado
                          Bald not naked
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 21142

                          #792
                          Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          You don't think Mitt is anti-Trump?
                          Just because he voted to remove Trump from office doesn't necessarily make him anti-Trump.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

                          Comment

                          • myboynoah
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 21719

                            #793
                            C'mon. Mitt is Never Trump. Why are we having this conversation.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                            For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                            Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69706

                              #794
                              Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                              C'mon. Mitt is Never Trump. Why are we having this conversation.
                              Lol. Yes. What more could he do?
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37987

                                #795
                                Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                Just because he voted to remove Trump from office doesn't necessarily make him anti-Trump.


                                commando, I love you dude, but its comments like Mitt is not anti-Trump that really erode your ability to make persuasive arguments against Trump.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...