Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What?!?

NWCoug, read this study and give us the executive summary why it is FoS by the morning: https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S...534-8/fulltext
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      What?!?

NWCoug, read this study and give us the executive summary why it is FoS by the morning: https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S...534-8/fulltext
      lol

Guess it's time to start injecting bleach.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

What?!?

The only winning move is not play with you bro. No matter what I say, you shotgun a ton of links, most of which are terrible papers. I assume (hope?) you know they’re shitty, but winning the posting war is more important to you than facts.

But having said that, it’s an interesting observational study, though most others have not shown a benefit. I’ve learned my lesson with COVID-19, I’m going to wait for the prospective studies before I drive that final nail in the coffin for HCQ.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          The only winning move is not play with you bro. No matter what I say, you shotgun a ton of links, most of which are terrible papers. I assume (hope?) you know they’re shitty, but winning the posting war is more important to you than facts.

But having said that, it’s an interesting observational study, though most others have not shown a benefit. I’ve learned my lesson with COVID-19, I’m going to wait for the prospective studies before I drive that final nail in the coffin for HCQ.
          But what about injecting bleach? djt suggested that as well.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Second Coronavirus Wave Slams Israel

Comment

• Interesting and hopeful (but only an opinion).

Can someone expand on this and the difference between anitbodies and T-cells? How likely is this to be real? Is there a way to test for T-cells that might bring immunity?

Herd Immunity May Be Closer Than You Think

One reason is that some people have underlying T-cell immunity from past coronaviruses that can help them vanquish the novel virus without developing antibodies. Several studies have found that even people who were never infected with Covid-19 nonetheless have “memory” T-cells—the immune system’s fighters—from past coronavirus infections, which attack the new virus. A La Jolla Institute for Immunology team has detected residual T-cells in about half of blood samples collected between 2015 and 2018.

Recent studies have also found that many people with mild or no symptoms who test positive for Covid-19 later don’t show antibodies when tested. Patients with mild symptoms produce a weaker antibody response than those who get more severely ill. Most antibody tests are primed to minimize false positives, but as a result are less sensitive.

These people, however, have been found to have long-lasting, potent T-cells that can ward off future infection. A small study last month from France found that six of eight close family contacts of sick patients didn’t develop antibodies but did develop Covid-19-specific T-cells. A new study from Sweden finds that moderately ill patients developed both Covid-19-specific antibodies and T-cells. But twice as many healthy individuals who donated blood during the pandemic and asymptomatic family members of sick patients generated Covid-19 specific T-cells than did antibodies.

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Comment

I'll wait with you... I think we won't really know if HCQ was helpful or not until long after the fact.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Oh no...

I guess she will need to cut back on her riot appearances...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'll wait with you... I think we won't really know if HCQ was helpful or not until long after the fact.

You post a host of links to anything that shows some benefit when anyone else questions it's efficacy. You sure have a funny way of remaining skeptical.

Once again,
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Brazil President Bolsonaro tests positive

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ci/5388114002/

Comment

You post a host of links to anything that shows some benefit when anyone else questions it's efficacy. You sure have a funny way of remaining skeptical.

Once again,
                          I would say more hopeful than skeptical... I hope that HCQ (or some other drug) works for the treatment of Covid-19 and saves lives.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I would say more hopeful than skeptical... I hope that HCQ (or some other drug) works for the treatment of Covid-19 and saves lives.
                            But especially HCQ, right?
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              But especially HCQ, right?
                              Yeah, 220/221 whatever it takes.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, 220/221 whatever it takes.
                                We're not beating this until Trump's out of office. So we're glad you're on board.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X