Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Yes, but Eddie is saying they are not both true.
    Sadly, there are tons of racists in the republican party and Trump gave them legitimacy.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post

A little - but not much.

I know plenty of people who were Mitt fans, but jumped on the Trump train due to Trump hitting back.

Mitt gets lambasted for having a dog kennel on the roof of his car and telling people at a fundraising dinner that they have no chance with 47% of voters and need to get the other 53%. Agree or disagree with Mitt - they weren't cracking on him for his politics, they were going after his character.

So when Trump doesn't take it and punches back - parts of the GOP who have watched the Dems hit the GOP time after time decide that they love Trump's response.

Unlike what many of the left believe, Trump didn't get elected because the GOP is full of racist misogynists. He got elected because they loved that he had fight and they were tired of the Dems characterizing them as evil selfish idiots.
      Trump was elected for many reasons. For some it really was nativism, which is different than racism but is still a dumb ideology to be motivated by IMO, for some it really was racism. For others it was that he fought back and it was a tribalistic "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," for some it was just being fed up with the absurdity of the left- President Obama calls that "Americans loving the new car smell." There are a lot of reasons Presidents win elections and any effort to crystalize it into one part of the coalition misses the mark IMO.
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Sadly, there are tons of racists in the republican party and Trump gave them legitimacy.
        There are racists within the GOP, and there are racists who don't necessarily agree with the GOP in all things but who prefer the GOP to the Dems. I don't know how many - but I know it isn't a few. I don't believe it is anywhere near the majority.

To be honest - I think there are some racists who are Dems as well. Again, I don't know how many. But I know they exist - I've talked to some. Hell - Biden calling Obama "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." should be about as much evidence of racism within the Dems as I'd ever need.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

Trump was elected for many reasons. For some it really was nativism, which is different than racism but is still a dumb ideology to be motivated by IMO, for some it really was racism. For others it was that he fought back and it was a tribalistic "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," for some it was just being fed up with the absurdity of the left- President Obama calls that "Americans loving the new car smell." There are a lot of reasons Presidents win elections and any effort to crystalize it into one part of the coalition misses the mark IMO.
          I agree - completely. There were a lot of reasons. More than one. I do think Trump energized a certain segment that often sat out elections, which helped him a great deal.

I do think that while there isn't any one thing that won the election for him, getting that group that normally sat out energized is what put him over the top. And I think a lot of them fall in the category of seeing him fighting for them and seeing them - and they had felt overlooked and ignored.

Comment

• Don’t forget the one unifying force of the racists, nativists, and whatever other groups that make up Trump’s base: a deep distrust of the media that is quickly growing to new world order levels of crazy. We will continue to see election cheating claims and deep state conspiracies becoming mainstream on the right.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Don’t forget the one unifying force of the racists, nativists, and whatever other groups that make up Trump’s base: a deep distrust of the media that is quickly growing to new world order levels of crazy. We will continue to see election cheating claims and deep state conspiracies becoming mainstream on the right.
              That deep distrust of the media is pretty much coming ubiquitous. It is just which media that one trusts and distrusts. Most trends of tribalism are alive and well in all political perspectives and mistrust of those who don't tell you what you want to hear is a pretty consistent tribalistic tendency.
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                Don’t forget the one unifying force of the racists, nativists, and whatever other groups that make up Trump’s base: a deep distrust of the media that is quickly growing to new world order levels of crazy. We will continue to see election cheating claims and deep state conspiracies becoming mainstream on the right.
                Did you see the headline in the Newsom recall campaign yesterday? Larry Elder, the top republican candidate should Newsom get recalled, apparently accidently went live with a website that they have fraud in the recall election voting that allowed Newsom to remain as governor. Only problem is, the voting isn't over yet and there's no way they can have any such evidence. Just getting the website ready to go so they can fraudulently cast doubt on the validity of the process.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That deep distrust of the media is pretty much coming ubiquitous. It is just which media that one trusts and distrusts. Most trends of tribalism are alive and well in all political perspectives and mistrust of those who don't tell you what you want to hear is a pretty consistent tribalistic tendency.
                  This is true to a point, but practically it is affecting the right much more than the left. When Fox News became insufficiently obsequious to Trump's claims of election fraud, there were a handful of 'news' outlets that gladly took up the cause. Although there are outlets on the left that are much more slanted than the mainstream press, they are not pervasive enough to sway a lot of left-leaning voters. And, they are not peddling obvious lies that strike at the heart of our democracy.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

I call mild bullshit. No doubt the mainstream news media has a liberal bias, it always has. The problem is conservative media that throws doubt on actual verifiable facts for the sake of ratings. There will always be someone who will point out that the gaslighting is okay because "both sides do it". Yet in the end, I see more legal wrangling on the so called "balanced" media to avoid getting sued for liable by saying such things as "it's not news, it's entertainment" or posing questions that only suggest something is happening, when it isn't.
                    Last edited by originalsocal; 09-14-2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• I find it ironic that some Republicans on here want to make liberals responsible for the election of emperor Trump. That's some fragilized snowfakery territory there. No one made the GOP nominate and support such a shitty and amoral person for POTUS. The fault of electing Trump lies primarily with those who voted for him. There were other conservative options.

Smug and snobby liberals are not an excuse for voting for Trump. Talk about a lack of accountability. It's clear that voting for Trump again in 2024 would be a clear vote for racism and xenophobia.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                        I find it ironic that some Republicans on here want to make liberals responsible for the election of emperor Trump. That's some fragilized snowfakery territory there. No one made the GOP nominate and support such a shitty and amoral person for POTUS. The fault of electing Trump lies primarily with those who voted for him. There were other conservative options.

Smug and snobby liberals are not an excuse for voting for Trump. Talk about a lack of accountability. It's clear that voting for Trump again in 2024 would be a clear vote for racism and xenophobia.
                        Frank, you’re starting to veer back into obsessive behavior again.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I don't know why I ever get into these things and post in them, but here we go....

I voted for McMillen in 2016. Not because he was LDS, but because I thought that Trump was a piece of shit, and Hillary Clinton was a lying piece of shit.

I voted for Biden in 2020 because President Trump spent 4 year proving that he was a lying piece of shit that treated people poorly.

I don't know who I will be voting for in 2024, but it wont be for President Biden because he is a lying piece of shit. It also wont be for Vice President Kamala Harris because she is also a piece of shit. I wont vote for President Trump either though because I remember 2016 through 2020.

Do we see the problem here? We have horrible people running for the Presidency.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Frank, you’re starting to veer back into obsessive behavior again.
                            Seriously, that's a bit rude. I don't post much on here these days. Anyway, my remark was directed at Eddie, who blamed liberals for Trump.

Trump is far worse than anyone else we've seen and it ain't close

Comment

I find it ironic that some Republicans on here want to make liberals responsible for the election of emperor Trump. That's some fragilized snowfakery territory there. No one made the GOP nominate and support such a shitty and amoral person for POTUS. The fault of electing Trump lies primarily with those who voted for him. There were other conservative options.

Comment

• I also won’t be voting for Biden again. His handling of the Afghanistan withdrawal was evidence enough that he doesn’t have what it takes to be an executive. Covid is also raging through the US and he’s again several months late with any kind of prooosla or plan to stop it. He was a decent senator but he doesn’t have what it takes to be an executive.

i won’t vote for Harris. She’s an awful candidate that couldn’t even make the final half dozen democratic nominees. She locked up people in California like it was going out of style and has now become a hard left wokeist. No thanks.

im hoping the GOP can nominate someone that isn’t trump and that had some amount of centrist philosophy. There are plenty of them in the party but I’m afraid trumps stranglehold on the party will result in either him or one of his lackeys getting the nomination.

if it came down to Trump or Biden, I’d likely vote for the libertarian.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X