Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigFatMeanie
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 7119

    #1006
    Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Which proves my point. These aren't our client states and the Cold War is over.
    Interestingly, I just read a op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal that posits we're about to start a new Cold War with China.

    Comment

    • BlueK
      Senior Member
      • May 2011
      • 7195

      #1007
      Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      Interestingly, I just read a op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal that posits we're about to start a new Cold War with China.
      Not if the NBA can help it!

      Comment

      • beefytee
        Board eye candy
        • Mar 2009
        • 7542

        #1008
        Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        I hadn't heard that, but they are proceeding with taking testimony from several people already in closed committee sessions. They're doing it without the circus atmosphere Trump would like to create.

        https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/polit...ats/index.html
        I just looked a bit more into it. Looks like she scheduled a press conference after a caucus meeting where she was expected to announce a vote. That obviously didn't happen.

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #1009
          Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          I hadn't heard that, but they are proceeding with taking testimony from several people already in closed committee sessions. They're doing it without the circus atmosphere Trump would like to create.

          https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/polit...ats/index.html
          Wow... this should be good:

          qloe6qgrrvs31.jpg

          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • UVACoug
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2013
            • 2685

            #1010
            This one's a doozy:

            EXCLUSIVE: I have obtained a copy of ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩’s letter to #Erdogan. ⁦@POTUS⁩ warns him to not “be a tough guy! Don’t be a fool!” Says he could destroy Turkey’s economy if #Syria is not resolved in a humane way. Details tonight at 8pm #TrishRegan #FoxBusiness

            Comment

            • myboynoah
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 21719

              #1011
              Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
              Well, he is an idiot, but at least of the stable genius variety.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

              For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

              Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69735

                #1012
                Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                I don't think the Onion could improve on that. At all.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • Eddie
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 8098

                  #1013
                  I know Trump writes his own tweets. But why would he write his own letters? Or do you think it was dictated? If I were president, I'd be telling a staffer what I generally want the letter to say and have them write it - then suggest any edits I thought were important before it went out.

                  Of course - maybe that is what Trump does do. I think that could be a fun job - official letter writer who gets to write letters to other heads of state in a voice that sounds like Trump. I think I'd enjoy that.

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37996

                    #1014
                    So what do you think? That Trump typed that letter himself, hunting and pecking over the keyboard, or that he dictated it and approved the draft - after inserting numerous exclamation points throughout.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37996

                      #1015
                      Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                      I know Trump writes his own tweets. But why would he write his own letters? Or do you think it was dictated? If I were president, I'd be telling a staffer what I generally want the letter to say and have them write it - then suggest any edits I thought were important before it went out.

                      Of course - maybe that is what Trump does do. I think that could be a fun job - official letter writer who gets to write letters to other heads of state in a voice that sounds like Trump. I think I'd enjoy that.
                      Great minds!
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69735

                        #1016
                        Remember when people argued that a Trump presidency would be fine because he would surround himself with smart capable advisors who would moderate his behavior? Good times.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • Northwestcoug
                          Cocked and Loaded
                          • May 2011
                          • 18033

                          #1017
                          Wait, hold up. That is a real letter?!?!

                          I'm still skeptical. Not that he wouldn't write something like that. But I would hope someone from the deep state would intercept it before it was sent.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

                          Comment

                          • UVACoug
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 2685

                            #1018
                            Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            Wait, hold up. That is a real letter?!?!

                            I'm still skeptical. Not that he wouldn't write something like that. But I would hope someone from the deep state would intercept it before it was sent.
                            The White House confirmed that it is authentic. I do have some doubts about whether it was actually sent.

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37996

                              #1019
                              Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                              The White House confirmed that it is authentic. I do have some doubts about whether it was actually sent.
                              Yeah, let's see the postmark!
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • frank ryan
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12383

                                #1020
                                Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                Wait, hold up. That is a real letter?!?!

                                I'm still skeptical. Not that he wouldn't write something like that. But I would hope someone from the deep state would intercept it before it was sent.
                                It’s looks he might have actually written this one. Like on his own.

                                Comment

                                Working...