Social Media Outrage/Cancel Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    Thanks for sharing - that's an entertaining read. I kind of rolled my eyes at the n word justification.

Then he gets into forced vaccinations that will include microchips - though I'm disappointed there was no mention of Bill Gates, but he does get points for quoting the Bible and identifying this as the "mark of the beast". Now we're getting into something a little more interesting....

But when he got into talking about the atomic bomb not being real and just some elaborate hoax to control people - with films of atomic bomb tests from the 40's-60's being the product of elaborate special effects, which are still a military secret? Wow. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were fire bombed, not a-bombed. Guy is on a roll!

And best for last - the fake moon landings.

Dude is a professor of physics and astronomy. OK.
    Yeah, this cracked me up. A professor of physics and astronomy that thinks the moon's surface gets up to 700F and thus is glowing red hot during a lunar eclipse.

Comment

• As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• that was awesome

Comment

• I love that. I want more of that guy's music.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            I love that. I want more of that guy's music.
            He’s on Spotify. Give “long txts” some spins. We’ve been jamming to it since he dropped it a couple weeks back.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• The only thing worse than cancel culture is conservative idiots like Josh Hawley and Matt Gaetz whining about being cancelled when they get legit blowback for stupid stuff they do. Grrr...
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• As many of you know, I work for a very large financial institution. Like most public companies, we generally have reacted very quickly to many of the social issues over the last year. While I know a lot of that reaction is based on PR, I am pretty happy with the way the company has positioned itself, both externally and internally. They have struck the right chords, but not done anything crazy.

Having said that, I have been amused over the last few months whenever I am putting together a presentation on one topic. When everything hit the fan in March/April 2020, we made a lot of changes to our underwriting in credit products, due to the obvious increased credit risk, and also suspended a ton of marketing efforts, either because they were no longer appropriate (e.g. an airline credit card), or to re-work messages (no messages implying that the most important thing in their life right now was to open a new DDA), or even thing as small as avoiding having pictures of people crowded together in marketing materials.

Anyway, we did all that, but then almost immediately started putting together plans on getting back to normal. All of these were under the corporate "Reignite" plan, and each LOB had their own reignite plans. Then, few months back, we were told to no longer use the term "Reignite" in these plans. After asking around a bit, I found out that it was decided to stop using reignite to make sure we did not evoke images of riots and burning cities. So now we are all about "re-entry" or "re-start", NOT about igniting anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  The only thing worse than cancel culture is conservative idiots like Josh Hawley and Matt Gaetz whining about being cancelled when they get legit blowback for stupid stuff they do. Grrr...
                  Agreed. It isn't cancel culture if you do something stupid and there is a consequence associated with it.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                    As many of you know, I work for a very large financial institution. Like most public companies, we generally have reacted very quickly to many of the social issues over the last year. While I know a lot of that reaction is based on PR, I am pretty happy with the way the company has positioned itself, both externally and internally. They have struck the right chords, but not done anything crazy.

Having said that, I have been amused over the last few months whenever I am putting together a presentation on one topic. When everything hit the fan in March/April 2020, we made a lot of changes to our underwriting in credit products, due to the obvious increased credit risk, and also suspended a ton of marketing efforts, either because they were no longer appropriate (e.g. an airline credit card), or to re-work messages (no messages implying that the most important thing in their life right now was to open a new DDA), or even thing as small as avoiding having pictures of people crowded together in marketing materials.

Anyway, we did all that, but then almost immediately started putting together plans on getting back to normal. All of these were under the corporate "Reignite" plan, and each LOB had their own reignite plans. Then, few months back, we were told to no longer use the term "Reignite" in these plans. After asking around a bit, I found out that it was decided to stop using reignite to make sure we did not evoke images of riots and burning cities. So now we are all about "re-entry" or "re-start", NOT about igniting anything.
                    Did they fire the party or parties responsible for the "reignite" idea. If not, then nothing will change.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

Agreed. It isn't cancel culture if you do something stupid and there is a consequence associated with it.
                      Yep. These knuckleheads have rendered the term essentially meaningless at this point.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

Did they fire the party or parties responsible for the "reignite" idea. If not, then nothing will change.

Comment

THIS CONSEQUENCE CULTURE HAS TO STOP!!!
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Hawley has taken a page straight from Trump's playback. Make a mistake, don't admit you are wrong and own it. Whine, play the victim, and find someone to point a finger at.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post

Hawley has taken a page straight from Trump's playback. Make a mistake, don't admit you are wrong and own it. Whine, play the victim, and find someone to point a finger at.
                              I really don't like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post

He's going to crumble. Very few people are as much of a sociopath as Trump. I may be wrong but Hawley will find a limit to his lying and then he'll crumble and (hopefully) someone reasonable takes his place.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X