Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Wake me when they haul away James Clapper for lying to congress...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1045991001/

That's how it works, apparently.
    Yup, backtracking already. I agree Clapper should have gotten in trouble for lying though.

By the way, what's Trump's problem with Amazon? Is it really as petty as connecting them in his mind to the Washington Post not giving him nice enough coverage? In other news, it sounds like he's moving toward expanding trade wars by trashing NAFTA while the Chinese start to hit back. And he continues to purge all the adults out of the White House who have been checking his stupider impulses like these. Chances are this gets crazier over the next few weeks and months.
    Last edited by BlueK; 04-02-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Stock market falling like a rock again today. China announces new tariffs on US ag products. All those farmers wearing MAGA hats are going to love this.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Stock market falling like a rock again today. China announces new tariffs on US ag products. All those farmers wearing MAGA hats are going to love this.

Of all trump's foolishness, the potential for a trade war was the only thing that really worried me. What an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          Of all trump's foolishness, the potential for a trade war was the only thing that really worried me. What an idiot.
          Trade wars are good and are really easy to win. Who knows what "winning" a trade war looks like or means, but I'm sure Trump must know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Stock market falling like a rock again today. China announces new tariffs on US ag products. All those farmers wearing MAGA hats are going to love this.

Yeah, I hope we won't have to give these "too fat to fail" farmers a bailout.
            Last edited by Uncle Ted; 04-02-2018, 03:41 PM.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              Trade wars are good and are really easy to win. Who knows what "winning" a trade war looks like or means, but I'm sure Trump must know.
              I love how he threatens Mexico with ending NAFTA, as though the U.S. doesn't benefit from Mexican goods and labor.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Trump is dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• This is dictator-like behavior. This should be disturbing to people, but I'm sure everyone will normalize it with all the other jackassery.

“TRUMP IS LIKE, ‘HOW CAN I F--K WITH HIM?’”: TRUMP’S WAR WITH AMAZON (AND THE WASHINGTON POST) IS PERSONAL
                  With the West Wing finally calm, Trump is contemplating a multi-front campaign against Jeff Bezos.

According to sources, Trump wants the Post Office to increase Amazon’s shipping costs. When Trump previously discussed the idea inside the White Hose, Gary Cohn had explained that Amazon is a benefit to the Postal Service, which has seen mail volume plummet in the age of e-mail. “Trump doesn’t have Gary Cohn breathing down his neck saying you can’t do the Post Office shit,” a Republican close to the White House said. “He really wants the Post Office deal renegotiated. He thinks Amazon’s getting a huge fucking deal on shipping.”

Advisers are also encouraging Trump to cancel Amazon’s multi-billion contract with the Pentagon to provide cloud computing services, sources say. Another line of attack would be to encourage attorneys general in red states to open investigations into Amazon’s business practices. Sources say Trump is open to the ideas. (The White House did not respond to a request for comment.)

Even Trump’s allies acknowledge that much of what’s fueling Trump’s rage toward Amazon is that Amazon C.E.O. Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post, sources said. “Trump doesn’t like The New York Times, but he reveres it because it’s his hometown paper. The Washington Post, he has zero respect for,” the Republican close to the White House said. While the Post says that Bezos has no involvement in newsroom decisions, Trump has told advisers he believes Bezos uses the paper as a political weapon. One former White House official said Trump looks at the Post the same way he looks at the National Enquirer. “When Bezos says he has no involvement, Trump doesn’t believe him. His experience is with the David Peckers of the world. Whether it’s right or wrong, he knows it can be done.”
                  https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...st-is-personal

Comment

• Agreed. The fact that the president thinks it's ok to mess with an individual company for no other reason than he doesn't like its CEO for personal reasons is an obscene abuse of his position. It's unAmerican.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 04-02-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• This is a more sophisticated tweet than usual. It starts off normal but there is a twist and cliff hanger at the end. I’m left wondering if they do have an idea

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        This is a more sophisticated tweet than usual. It starts off normal but there is a twist and cliff hanger at the end. I’m left wondering if they do have an idea

In Trump's world, I'm sure the Post Office leadership knows they are being ripped off by Amazon, yet do nothing about it. They are either too dumb to see Trump's worldview, or just part of the swamp.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          In Trump's world, I'm sure the Post Office leadership knows they are being ripped off by Amazon, yet do nothing about it. They are either too dumb to see Trump's worldview, or just part of the swamp.
                          Trump prides himself on driving hard bargains but rips on Amazon for doing so. If Amazon truly struck a great deal, Trump ought to replace management on his side, not rip on the private sector for doing what it does best. But following his lead, I hope all of the tax breaks he's ever received for his various ventures will now be re-examined. No reason his tax breaks should be bourne by me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            This will be the death of the post office, if he's successful. How much of their business comes from Amazon? They already suck and are super inefficient while being subsidized by tax dollars. Raise prices for Amazon, and Amazon will just take all of their business to one of the other shipping companies. I imagine they'll lose enough money they'll have to cut jobs somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              Trump prides himself on driving hard bargains but rips on Amazon for doing so. If Amazon truly struck a great deal, Trump ought to replace management on his side, not rip on the private sector for doing what it does best. But following his lead, I hope all of the tax breaks he's ever received for his various ventures will now be re-examined. No reason his tax breaks should be bourne by me.
                              Niiiice.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Now he's threatening to beef up the border with U.S. military forces and cut off aid to Honduras in response to some caravan of people coming to apply for asylum. Huh? Is he aware that they apply at the border directly with CBP and that asylum is a congressionally sanctioned form of relief? Again. The syphilis is taking over!
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X