Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Oh fuck off man. It's not my fault you are woefully uninformed about world events. Fake news is not anything that makes a republican look bad.

Seems like it was Israel: https://www.buzzfeed.com/sheerafrenk...6d3#.evgbpYY3b
    But did you know at the time?

Sorry I'm not backing off the fact that you and BlueK are obsessed with The Donald.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      But did you know at the time?

Sorry I'm not backing off the fact that you and BlueK are obsessed with The Donald.
      Incorrect. I didn't give a flying flip about him when he was a reality TV host. But I do care about my country, and I won't apologize for that. You don't have to read my posts or this category if it bugs you.
      Last edited by BlueK; 05-16-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• The President is a dum dum

President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.
        Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of the memo to a Times reporter.

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey that Mr. Flynn had done nothing wrong, according to the memo.

Mr. Comey did not say anything to Mr. Trump about curtailing the investigation, only replying: “I agree he is a good guy.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          fake news fake news fake news!
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• So help me out here. You've got one side screaming that Trump revealed super double secret secrets to the Russians and should be impeached. And you've got shills from the other end screaming that it's no big deal because he's the president and can share whatever information he wants.

I'm thinking both are partially right, and both are partially wrong.

As best as I can tell from the various news reports - Trump apparently told the Russians that the US had intel indicating that ISIS was going to try to sneak bombs into laptops onto airplanes.

I thought both us and the Russians didn't like ISIS. I thought we both wanted to crush them. And I'm not sure what it would do for our relationship with Russia had ISIS actually managed to blow up a Russian airline with a laptop bomb, only to have them find out that we knew this was a potential threat and didn't say anything.

I get not wanting to compromise sources. I get that you've got to have care with that stuff. But I'm having a hard time caring if the allegations really are simply that Trump told Russia to watch out for laptop bombs on airlines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
              So help me out here. You've got one side screaming that Trump revealed super double secret secrets to the Russians and should be impeached. And you've got shills from the other end screaming that it's no big deal because he's the president and can share whatever information he wants.

I'm thinking both are partially right, and both are partially wrong.

As best as I can tell from the various news reports - Trump apparently told the Russians that the US had intel indicating that ISIS was going to try to sneak bombs into laptops onto airplanes.

I thought both us and the Russians didn't like ISIS. I thought we both wanted to crush them. And I'm not sure what it would do for our relationship with Russia had ISIS actually managed to blow up a Russian airline with a laptop bomb, only to have them find out that we knew this was a potential threat and didn't say anything.

I get not wanting to compromise sources. I get that you've got to have care with that stuff. But I'm having a hard time caring if the allegations really are simply that Trump told Russia to watch out for laptop bombs on airlines.
              Both us and Russia don't like ISIS, but our convergence in Syria ends there. The Russians back the Syrian Arab Army, the Iranians and Hezbollah, and we back Kurdish and other moderate forces.

So the in warning the Russians about the laptop bombs, the concern is that Trump provided enough information (one report I read indicated that the city where the intel was gathered was disclosed) that Russian Intelligence Services will be able to pinpoint the source, and learn the identifies of various Israeli human sources etc. Apparently Israel asked us not to disclose the information, and it's important when an ally asks you to not disclose info to respect it. It's a rule of sorts in sharing intelligence. Israel is angry, according to reports, and this could lead to them withholding information.

Russia (like Mitt Romney rightfully assessed during his campaign) is very much our adversary. Legally, the president can declassify any info he wants, but this was dangerous and damages our standing, and likely our intel gathering ability. Israel excels in human intelligence. They will spend decades developing sources.

Eddie, here is an article that claims the source of the intel's life might be in danger because of Trump's disclosures:http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/trumps...ry?id=47449304
              Last edited by frank ryan; 05-16-2017, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Multiple sources are reporting that House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz is working to obtain Comey's memos.

The move by House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz follows reports, confirmed by NBC News, that Comey says in a memo that Trump asked him to end the probe into former national national security adviser Michael Flynn.

In a letter to acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, Chaffetz requested "all memoranda, notes, summaries and recordings referring or relating to" communications between Comey and Trump by May 24. He wrote that the reports Tuesday "raise questions as to whether the president attempted to influence or impede the FBI's investigation" related to Flynn.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/16/jason...it-exists.html

Comment

• I sure hope the tapes of Comey's conversations with Trump don't come out before he starts leaking!!
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Let's see. Trump throws Israel under the bus and shares intel with the Russians. Then there is strong evidence that he committed obstruction of justice as outlined by the Comey memo. His approval rating is at an all-time low and he is taking heat from both sides. In the midst of all this, shaka is calling out frank and BlueK for being "obsessed"?

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Let's see. Trump throws Israel under the bus and shares intel with the Russians. Then there is strong evidence that he committed obstruction of justice as outlined by the Comey memo. His approval rating is at an all-time low and he is taking heat from both sides. In the midst of all this, shaka is calling out frank and BlueK for being "obsessed"?

bro trump is just trolling them. we're about to see his real genius unfold any day now.

Comment

Let's see. Trump throws Israel under the bus and shares intel with the Russians. Then there is strong evidence that he committed obstruction of justice as outlined by the Comey memo. His approval rating is at an all-time low and he is taking heat from both sides. In the midst of all this, shaka is calling out frank and BlueK for being "obsessed"?

Israel seems perfectly happy being thrown under the bus... I guess they are just happy that Obama isn't president any more.

Israel Said to Be Source of Secret Intelligence Trump Gave to Russians
                        [...]
                        “Israel has full confidence in our intelligence-sharing relationship with the United States and looks forward to deepening that relationship in the years ahead under President Trump,” Mr. Dermer said.
                        [...]
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/w...ce-russia.html
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          Israel seems perfectly happy being thrown under the bus... I guess they are just happy that Obama isn't president any more.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/w...ce-russia.html
                          yes, israel would surely express their displeasure in a quote to the nytimes and has no motivation to do otherwise

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            Multiple sources are reporting that House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz is working to obtain Comey's memos.

The move by House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz follows reports, confirmed by NBC News, that Comey says in a memo that Trump asked him to end the probe into former national national security adviser Michael Flynn.

In a letter to acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, Chaffetz requested "all memoranda, notes, summaries and recordings referring or relating to" communications between Comey and Trump by May 24. He wrote that the reports Tuesday "raise questions as to whether the president attempted to influence or impede the FBI's investigation" related to Flynn.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/16/jason...it-exists.html

I am guessing that Comer and Drumpf were really just talking about grandkids and golf in their meeting.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

There is this little problem with the timeline...

FBI clears Michael Flynn in probe linking him to Russia

January 24, 2017
                              http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/fbi-cle...him-to-russia/

My Dinner With Comey: Clapper, Others Dispute Trump Account of Meeting With FBI Director

One day after the acting attorney general warned the White House that its national security adviser was subject to blackmail, the president summoned the FBI director to dinner at the White House, people close to James Comey told NBC News.

At the Jan. 27 dinner, a week after assuming the presidency, Trump requested a loyalty pledge from Comey, people familiar with the dinner say. Comey replied that he could not offer loyalty, but he could pledge his honesty.
                              [...]
                              http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investig...ccount-n758221

So let me get this straight... The FBI clears Flynn on Jan 24th but then Drumpf supposedly commits obstruction of justice three days later? Why would Drumpf be asking the FBI director to drop the case when the FBI already did three days earlier? Hopefully Comey gets the dates fixed on his memo before he hands it over to the House Oversight Committee.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• More timeline questions...

Wait, Drumpf tried to "pervert" Comey?!? That is sick!
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X