President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #2161
    Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
    O'Keefe continues to over promise and under deliver. I hate that guy.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69703

      #2162
      I want one.

      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Dwight Schr-ute
        Members Only
        • May 2011
        • 4917

        #2163
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I want one.

        That iPhone needs to be more to scale. Should be much bigger in those tiny hands.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

        Comment

        • Dwight Schr-ute
          Members Only
          • May 2011
          • 4917

          #2164



          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

          Comment

          • Uncle Ted
            The Big 12 money shot.
            • Apr 2010
            • 28853

            #2165
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I want one.
            Dude, I think you're too old to be playing with dolls... how about a mug or t-shirt?



            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • myboynoah
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 21719

              #2166
              At what point do people start to go ho hum on the tweets? When does it just fade into the background noise?



              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

              For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

              Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #2167
                Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                And actually, this isn't that hard if you think about it. I wouldn't recommend lying to the FBI. It's a felony. That's what Flynn did. When he repeated the same lie within the White House it became the reason Trump has cited for his firing. But I'll go a little beyond that. I think at least a couple more people involved are going to be in legal trouble eventually.
                I haven't followed the Flynn thing with the Russians or the staff colluding with the Russians that closely. Where did we get the information that Flynn lied to the FBI? Is that a known fact.

                I know the NYT reported a story that had campaign staff colluding with Russians. Apparently high ups in the FBI told Preibus the NYT story was mostly bogus.

                Although CNN and MSNBC this morning did not refute the story the FBI told Preibus the NYT times report was bogus, they were mainly put out that the FBI talked to Preibus. Didn't seem all that upset that the NYT put out a bogus story they had repeated.

                Who knows. Maybe you win your bet and some people end up in real legal trouble. However, if your assumption they will is based on media reporting, you may not want to bet too much.

                Comment

                • BlueK
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2011
                  • 7192

                  #2168
                  Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  I haven't followed the Flynn thing with the Russians or the staff colluding with the Russians that closely. Where did we get the information that Flynn lied to the FBI? Is that a known fact.
                  Yes, it's a known fact. He told the FBI he didn't discuss sanctions with the Russians, and he repeated that lie to VP Pence. I don't remember how it came out later that he did in fact discuss sanctions with the Russians, but that's when Trump fired him for having lied about it to Pence and to the FBI.

                  Comment

                  • byu71
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22070

                    #2169
                    Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    Yes, it's a known fact. He told the FBI he didn't discuss sanctions with the Russians, and he repeated that lie to VP Pence. I don't remember how it came out later that he did in fact discuss sanctions with the Russians, but that's when Trump fired him for having lied about it to Pence and to the FBI.
                    I have never heard he admitted lying to the FBI. Would you give me the source? If you don't have time to, don't worry about it.

                    Comment

                    • frank ryan
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12371

                      #2170
                      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      I haven't followed the Flynn thing with the Russians or the staff colluding with the Russians that closely. Where did we get the information that Flynn lied to the FBI? Is that a known fact.

                      I know the NYT reported a story that had campaign staff colluding with Russians. Apparently high ups in the FBI told Preibus the NYT story was mostly bogus.

                      Although CNN and MSNBC this morning did not refute the story the FBI told Preibus the NYT times report was bogus, they were mainly put out that the FBI talked to Preibus. Didn't seem all that upset that the NYT put out a bogus story they had repeated.

                      Who knows. Maybe you win your bet and some people end up in real legal trouble. However, if your assumption they will is based on media reporting, you may not want to bet too much.
                      If your assumption is based on believing Trump spokesperson you won't want to bet at all.

                      Comment

                      • falafel
                        loves to talk on things
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 37986

                        #2171
                        Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        Yes, it's a known fact. He told the FBI he didn't discuss sanctions with the Russians, and he repeated that lie to VP Pence. I don't remember how it came out later that he did in fact discuss sanctions with the Russians, but that's when Trump fired him for having lied about it to Pence and to the FBI.
                        Someone recorded the conversations. They have transcripts of them. He was dead in the water.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                        Dig your own grave, and save!

                        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • BlueK
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2011
                          • 7192

                          #2172
                          Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Someone recorded the conversations. They have transcripts of them. He was dead in the water.
                          That's right.

                          In other news, Trump keeps hammering down on how evil the media is, calling it the #1 enemy of the country. Wow. Even worse than terrorists. Most presidents either ignore unfavorable coverage and keep working, or they may make a comment about a particular story and then move on. Trump seems particularly focused on driving this down. Is there any reasonable conclusion one can come to about why he's doubling down on that idea so much other than he wants the public to be willing to give up freedom of the press?

                          If you say, no, then what is his objective here?
                          Last edited by BlueK; 02-24-2017, 02:26 PM.

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37986

                            #2173
                            Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            That's right.

                            In other news, Trump keeps hammering down on how evil the media is, calling it the #1 enemy of the country. Wow. Even worse than terrorists. Most presidents either ignore unfavorable coverage and keep working, or they may make a comment about a particular story and then move on. Trump seems particularly focused on driving this down. Is there any reasonable conclusion one can come to about why he's doubling down on that idea so much other than he wants the public to be willing to give up freedom of the press?

                            If you say, no, then what is his objective here?
                            He's extraordinarily thin-skinned (despite his claim that "no one has thicker skin than me!") and can't take criticism in any form. He's accustomed to bullying those who oppose him and so he's going all in on that strategy here. I'm not sure it goes any deeper than that.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • BlueK
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2011
                              • 7192

                              #2174
                              Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              He's extraordinarily thin-skinned (despite his claim that "no one has thicker skin than me!") and can't take criticism in any form. He's accustomed to bullying those who oppose him and so he's going all in on that strategy here. I'm not sure it goes any deeper than that.
                              That's the best case scenario, but even if that's all it is, he needs to get out. You can't be an effective president like that.

                              Worst case he's crazy like a fox and is shrewdly trying to undermine our democratic/Constitutional institutions and norms so he can eventually replace those with something else.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 02-24-2017, 02:52 PM.

                              Comment

                              • byu71
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22070

                                #2175
                                Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                If your assumption is based on believing Trump spokesperson you won't want to bet at all.
                                I do believe Preibus. I can't remember him caught in a lie. The press doesn't dispute what he has said. They just are upset he was told the NYT story was mostly bogus

                                Comment

                                Working...