Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Lol, sadly and unironicly that is the thought process of 1 or 2 people on here.
    Frank, I kind of agree with cowboy. I like you and respect you and enjoy your contributions, but you seem to feel the need to continuously call out people for not being sufficiently anti-Trump. As if anything but complete opposition (by your assessment) is a character flaw or a moral failing that you need to call out. Chill out, brother.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Frank, I kind of agree with cowboy. I like you and respect you and enjoy your contributions, but you seem to feel the need to continuously call out people for not being sufficiently anti-Trump. As if anything but complete opposition (by your assessment) is a character flaw or a moral failing that you need to call out. Chill out, brother.
      The left is broken.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
        ...but there's a pretty compelling argument that the single biggest threat to our republic is a tepid economy that plunges us into bankruptcy. If that is true, then a Democrat in the White House is much more dangerous than Trump.
        Lol, that is pretty funny. It is pretty obvious that neither party cares about deficit spending. The only time in the last 50 years that the US didn’t spend more than it made was with a Democrat in the oval office. The US will never go bankrupt as long as it’s debt is in US dollars as it can just print money to pay it off. I would vote for either party willing to be financially responsible, but neither are, their pork spending is just in different areas.
        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          The left is broken.
          Totally. You would never find such a mentality from the right.

Comment

The left is broken.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
              there's a pretty compelling argument that the single biggest threat to our republic is a tepid economy that plunges us into bankruptcy. If that is true, then a Democrat in the White House is much more dangerous than Trump.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                hilarious
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                  Totally. You would never find such a mentality from the right.
                  The right supported a bullshit Iraq invasion and then re-elected its primary instigator. The right readily embraced conspiracy theories (Pizzagate, Obama birthers, et al). The right nominated and elected Donald Trump. The right has been fucked up for quite some time.

Sure the left has been on the ropes (Bush era), but then bounced back (Obama era). But now the left sees Russians everywhere, blames everyone but its own leadership for its electoral failings, has normalized Bush and embraced Bush-era Iraq War cheerleaders, and just can't seem to NOT take Trump's trolling bait. Trump has broken the left. The left defines itself now by "Resistance" instead of competence and coherence.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

The right supported a bullshit Iraq invasion and then re-elected its primary instigator. The right readily embraced conspiracy theories (Pizzagate, Obama birthers, et al). The right nominated and elected Donald Trump. The right has been fucked up for quite some time.

Sure the left has been on the ropes (Bush era), but then bounced back (Obama era). But now the left sees Russians everywhere, blames everyone but its own leadership for its electoral failings, has normalized Bush and embraced Bush-era Iraq War cheerleaders, and just can't seem to NOT take Trump's trolling bait. Trump has broken the left. The left defines itself now by "Resistance" instead of competence and coherence.
                    LOL. Speaking of trolling bait, you ate beefytee's bait, hook, line, sinker, and even tried to chomp off the reel.

But it's like fishing with dynamite with folks like you and Frank and Commando around this place.

Comment

Furthering this point of view and expanding on some of these themes:

Understanding Why Religious Conservatives Would Vote for Trump

As with all collective human endeavors, politics are complicated, which requires a view through nuance and compromise.

In my experience, huge numbers of religious conservatives are not proud about voting for Trump. They don’t need any more hot takes denouncing them as irredeemable hypocrites. Their consciences bear a discomfort governed by their love for America and the reputation of their faith. But if these religious conservatives have to choose between the dueling dumpster fires of either Trump or a possible Bernie Sanders presidency, they will vote overwhelmingly for Trump. And anyone who misunderstands this will continue projecting onto religious conservatives the usual tired bromides that refuse to reckon with a complicated situation.
                      I write as neither a Trump critic nor Trump apologist, nor am I defending a vote for Trump in 2020. I am also not attempting a statistical breakdown. Statistics do not, and cannot, capture the complexity of religious conservatives. Monocausal explanations such as fear, nostalgia, and power are silly. My experience with actual religious conservatives — not the zoo-like Neanderthal depiction that fits the desired stereotype — suggests a lot more is going on behind the craven Trump-devotion caricature. I write to explain what is going on. Progressives will likely not be persuaded that religious conservatives are correct for voting how they do; but perhaps they could better understand the rationale. If progressives cannot, it only confirms the suspicions of many religious conservatives that America suffers from moral balkanization, wherein its citizens are occupying incompatible moral universes.
                      Most people who vote are not obsessed with politics. It’s not where their identities are found. These are people whose primary identity is that of a mother, father, or employee. Not everything about them can be explained by, or reduced to, their politics. They support a flawed candidate, and aren’t ashamed to say so. They are genuine in their faith convictions. If they vote this way, I’m not going to judge them or impute to them the worst offenses imaginable. Neither should you.

Comment

• Trump is dumb as rocks.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          Trump is dumb as rocks.

OMG no wonder he hates SNL so much-- every single joke no matter how much of an airball is over his head.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Trump longs for the ability to swiftly put drug dealers to death. Like they do in China.

But who cares as long as that 401k keeps going up, right?
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Trump longs for the ability to swiftly put drug dealers to death. Like they do in China.

Wait, is he really going to do that??
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Trump longs for the ability to swiftly put drug dealers to death. Like they do in China.

Jeff Lebowski is pro drug dealer!
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X