Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Why stop there? It goes all the way back to Manifest Destiney and Teddy Roosevelt. But it isn't ALL our fault. And we have also done a lot of good. This is a complicated mess that defies any easy solution. It is a rolling disaster that deserves regular and focused reporting in the media. But they give it none until they think they can stick it to Trump. The media is complicit in the disaster there and they don't care.
    I think I would mainly draw attention to all the derrotas we've sponsored, Democracies we've tumbled, and gangs we introduced into their society (or "secret combinations" for those of you who are LDS). Looking at a place like Costa Rica and comparing it to El Salvador or even Guatemala, it's just sad.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      If the wall sends a message to the parents of this kids to stop putting them in these dangerous situations then, by damn, we should build a symbolic wall. All of congress needs to pull their heads out and think of the children! Unless a clear message is sent indicating that you can't become a citizen of this country just jumping the boarder then the problem will continue.
      I am sure there is no situation in which you would ever cross a border illegally to protect your family

Comment

I certainly have no crystal ball. I think we need clear immigration standards, legislated, which are enforced consistently over time (non-selective enforcement leads to predictability and thus more effectively influences behavior). I also think that apart from very specific instances (which in my mind will be very rare and far between) we need to stop meddling in Latin American economies and governments. We also need to encourage economic stability by, say, continuing with NAFTA (or similar) and avoiding tariffs.

There is no easy answer of which I am aware. But by steady, non-interventionist, consistent policies we might be able to unwind wrongs of the past and improve border security.
        I believe we would have made a good first step in immigration reform had our president allowed that bipartisan group of legislators who sat in his office with him in front of the cameras and then came up with an actual compromise, if he had given it his approval the way he said he would. But no, he goes back and listens to the Kelly's and Miller's hanging out around him and basically went back and told those legislators to go to hell. That compromise probably would have passed both houses and been supported by a majority of Americans. That was a rare good faith effort by some influential members of Congress in that moment to get something constructive done. I think it's a shame the leadership in the executive branch to foster an environment in the country that is less, not more divisive, just doesn't seem to be at all what he wants. Is it too "apocalyptic" to be concerned about the direction this is going for the country?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          I believe we would have made a good first step in immigration reform had our president allowed that bipartisan group of legislators who sat in his office with him in front of the cameras and then came up with an actual compromise, if he had given it his approval the way he said he would. But no, he goes back and listens to the Kelly's and Miller's hanging out around him and basically went back and told those legislators to go to hell. That compromise probably would have passed both houses and been supported by a majority of Americans. That was a rare good faith effort by some influential members of Congress in that moment to get something constructive done. I think it's a shame the leadership in the executive branch to foster an environment in the country that is less, not more divisive, just doesn't seem to be at all what he wants. Is it too "apocalyptic" to be concerned about the direction this is going for the country?
          Maybe. But he didn't create the problem, even though it is clear he hasn't solved it, either.

Btw, you should take that apocalyptic stuff too personally. Think how much worse the insult could be. Poor Walter Sobchak was said to be my son today. That had to hurt.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            I am sure there is no situation in which you would ever cross a border illegally to protect your family
            In my mission we had two countries, one of which had slightly stricter rules about living there legally than the other. In one you didn't have to do anything to be there because it was all taken care of for you by the Church. For those two years you were good. In the other it wasn't that hard to comply, but there was one additional step. You were supposed to report to the local police station when you got transferred into a new city. Not that big of a deal or really all that inconvenient. But how many elders actually did it? Hardly any.

Comment

There is no situation I would send my kids alone and by themselves (like the parents of about 10,000 kids did) to illegally cross (multiple) borders... that is a pure dumbass thing to do. The parents of these kids must have sh*t for brains.

The sh*thead parents: "Oh, I'll write our phone number on our six year olds t-shirt... he will be ok."

WTF you dumbasses... you have a phone? It can't be all that bad, can it?
              Last edited by Uncle Ted; 06-20-2018, 02:35 PM.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                In my mission we had two countries, one of which had slightly stricter rules about living there legally than the other. In one you didn't have to do anything to be there because it was all taken care of for you by the Church. For those two years you were good. In the other it wasn't that hard to comply, but there was one additional step. You were supposed to report to the local police station when you got transferred into a new city. Not that big of a deal or really all that inconvenient. But how many elders actually did it? Hardly any.
                You are suppose to give the government your new address for your drivers license when you move in Texas... a lot of people don't do this. I am guessing they are all LDS missionaries.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe. But he didn't create the problem, even though it is clear he hasn't solved it, either.

Btw, you should take that apocalyptic stuff too personally. Think how much worse the insult could be. Poor Walter Sobchak was said to be my son today. That had to hurt.
                  I met Walter's father once or twice... A very nice guy. I would take that as a compliment.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So is everyone ok with families (IE children still in jail) being detained for months until their case is heard?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      There is no situation I would send my kids alone and by themselves (like the parents of about 10,000 kids did) to illegally cross (multiple) borders... that is a pure dumbass thing to do. The parents of these kids must have sh*t for brains.

The sh*thead parents: "Oh, I'll write our phone number on our six year olds t-shirt... he will be ok."

WTF you dumbasses... you have a phone? It can't be all that bad, can it?
                      You should really drop to your knees and thank God that you have the luxury of judging people for taking a desperate action you can't even fathom. :thumbsup:
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

So is everyone ok with families (IE children still in jail) being detained for months until their case is heard?
                        Ok with it? Meaning what? Are you suggesting that illegal entry with a child should be a get out of jail card?
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

So is everyone ok with families (IE children still in jail) being detained for months until their case is heard?
                          So it is ok just to open the borders and let all the kids flow in without their parents? That would send a signal for a flood of kids to come in. I guess we could give them one-way bus tickets to SLC and the mormons can take care of them... mormons like kids. Isn't that what they did with the "lamanite" children?
                          Last edited by Uncle Ted; 06-20-2018, 02:58 PM.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Ok with it? Meaning what? Are you suggesting that illegal entry with a child should be a get out of jail card?

It's a misdemeanor that isn't even typically prosecuted- let alone punished with jail. DHS is usually the one detaining asylum seekers for the duration of their case. Under Obama entire families were jailed for years. If a person doesn't have an asylum case they are given an expedited removal with advisals that future unlawful entries after the removal constitutes a felony and they could face 30 to 180 days in federal prison (typically).

So yes. Since they are not being charged with a crime I would like an explanation why they are in jail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              It's a misdemeanor that isn't even typically prosecuted- let alone punished with jail. DHS is usually the one detaining asylum seekers for the duration of their case. Under Obama entire families were jailed for years. If a person doesn't have an asylum case they are given an expedited removal with advisals that future unlawful entries after the removal constitutes a felony and they could face 30 to 180 days in federal prison (typically).

So yes. Since they are not being charged with a crime I would like an explanation why they are in jail.
                              Well, they might not be prosecuted, but they are charged, no? Also, if you don't detain them, how would you prosecute? They aren't just going to hang around in the same city or state waiting for punishment. If you let them go, you'll never see them again.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah... Frank, Max, Commando, et.el. all think we just need to open the flood gate and tell all the central american countries we will take all the kids they will send us. Of course, they have to make their way through Mexico, etc. first without being killed, made into sex slaves, or something but, hey, they have their parent's cell phone numbers written on their t-shirts so they will be OK.

Frank, Max Commando, BK: How many have these kids have y'all personally adopted now? Given y'all are the bleeding heart types I am guessing at least 20 each.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X