Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to NPR on the drive home last night - they were interviewing a border patrol supervisor.

It was super interesting, and yet also super weird. Because some of what he was saying just didn't compute.

First - he said that the border patrol agents are doing nothing different than what they did in 2014. Nothing.

He said that while a "zero tolerance" stand has been vocalized and in the media, they just don't have the resources for that. So the actual number of prosecuted cases is around 10%.

He said that the border patrol separates parents from children - but only for a couple of hours while they are processed. He followed this up by saying he really can't comment on what ICE does after that. But the border patrol is not separating families and keeping them separated.

So - what's really going on?

And Chuck Schumer is a moron. Democrats don't want to be known as the guys who came forward and wanted to solve the problem. Don't want to be known as the guys who understand that the Congress makes laws and the Executive Branch enforces them. Oh no! No - he'd rather be known as the guy who said he wants the president to be an authoritarian and rule by executive order. Don't make us determine what the law is! Just wave your pen!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Got it. So if they're not related they're traffickers and if they are then they're just terrible parents. It's amazing how good the government is at finding new ways to waste money. Thanks Jeff.
      Trafficking is about as sick as it gets. Having met with folks from Operation Underground Railroad as well as attending some additional presentations by Utah's Human Trafficking Task Force, exploitation of children both as mules to carry drugs as well as sexually once they get here is way too common. So I can understand why they would have concerns about kids coming who are not with a relative.

My wife used to travel quite frequently to visit family in Canada as a juvenile. She always had to have some evidence of who her parents were and something signed by them to cross the border. I don't see why we would loosen requirements as we learn more about human trafficking.

In some ways it may be an excuse by Sessions to keep kids and "parents or guardians" separated while figuring things out - or at least a justification to try to appease people. But that doesn't make it any less of an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        Listening to NPR on the drive home last night - they were interviewing a border patrol supervisor.

It was super interesting, and yet also super weird. Because some of what he was saying just didn't compute.

First - he said that the border patrol agents are doing nothing different than what they did in 2014. Nothing.

He said that while a "zero tolerance" stand has been vocalized and in the media, they just don't have the resources for that. So the actual number of prosecuted cases is around 10%.

He said that the border patrol separates parents from children - but only for a couple of hours while they are processed. He followed this up by saying he really can't comment on what ICE does after that. But the border patrol is not separating families and keeping them separated.

So - what's really going on?

And Chuck Schumer is a moron. Democrats don't want to be known as the guys who came forward and wanted to solve the problem. Don't want to be known as the guys who understand that the Congress makes laws and the Executive Branch enforces them. Oh no! No - he'd rather be known as the guy who said he wants the president to be an authoritarian and rule by executive order. Don't make us determine what the law is! Just wave your pen!

There would be more than enough votes for a middle of the road immigration bill in both houses if the Dems teamed up with a few moderate Republicans. The main problem with that is procedural because the House and Senate leadership operate under the principle that you never allow anything to come to the floor unless a majority of the majority party are likely to vote for it. So right now that means the Republicans only draft important bills in secret, and even when they try to do that they usually can't even agree among themselves. Then on top of that you have a president who says something different every day about whether he'd support something or not which is constantly throwing it into chaos.

For example, there was that time several months ago when Trump had all those legislators in his office from both parties to talk about immigration and told them he'd sign whatever they came up with. The dems and republicans in that room got a bipartisan solution put together. Then Trump talked to some of his people and basically came back and told them to get lost. A good president would have respected the legislative process by allowing the compromise to be voted on and passed and then keeping his word by signing it.

It's a broken system right now because extreme partisanship on both sides is constantly trying to make it fail. That's dangerous for the country in the long term.
        Last edited by BlueK; 06-20-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

This is freaking hillarious. Still nothing about the situation at the border on the front page of Fox, with some old stuff about the IG report trying desperately to get your attention at the top middle of the page. LOL. Also, nice touch by Ann Coulter on the air saying the images of children crying from being separated were just child actors. Stay classy.

http://www.foxnews.com/
          Yeah, this is freaking hilarious... especially given this has been all over CNN since at least 2014!

They are using freaking tin fold blankets!
          Last edited by Uncle Ted; 06-20-2018, 10:25 AM.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So it sounds like Trump's little ploy to feign being powerless at the "Democrat's law" to leverage border wall funding backfired spectacularly and he's signing an executive order today to stop the child separation. lol @ Trump supporters.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Congress (especially the dems with heads up their butts) need to address this problem... The leader of the dems, Chuck Schumer, is using the kids as political pawns for his game.

CNN TRIES TO SHAME BORDER PATROL AGENT — HE FLIPS THE SCRIPT AND LEAVES HOST SPEECHLESS

CNN brought on Chris Cabrera, a spokesperson for the National Border Patrol Council, Tuesday to discuss the Trump administration enforcing America’s border laws.

The Trump administration has enacted a policy of zero tolerance when enforcing America’s border laws. The laws result in separating some families if they cross the border illegally at non-checkpoint locations.

CNN’s Brooke Baldwin brought on Cabrera to grill him over the enforcement of the policy. However, it was Baldwin who got the grilling when Cabrera fact-checked her over the status of immigrants at the border.

“There’s so much being thrown at people who don’t know as much about immigration certainly as you do as a border patrol agent, but there a a couple of ways to come into this country if you’re an undocumented immigrant and you come out on the Rio Grande river, that’s illegal,” Baldwin said.

Cabrera countered, “Even if you’re a U.S. citizen, it’s illegal.”

Baldwin then asked specifically about delays for asylum seekers.

Cabrera said bluntly, “We’ve had this situation going on for four years now. I don’t think you can necessarily blame it on one administration or another. It started under one and is continuing under another. It hasn’t been fixed and it needs to be fixed.”

He continued, “Right now we have this beacon of, ‘We’ll leave the light on for you and let you come illegally into the country.’ If you’ve seen some of the stuff we’ve seen, you’d understand how important it is to have a tough stance to divert people from coming here.”

Cabrera then bluntly told Baldwin some of the horrors he has seen.

“When you see a 12-year-old girl with a plan B pill, her parents put her on birth control because they know getting violated is part of the journey, that’s a terrible way to live. When you see a 4-year-old girl traveling alone with just her parents phone number written across her shirt. We had a 9-year-old boy have heat stroke in front of us and die with no family around. That’s because we’re allowing people to take advantage of this system.”

The retelling of the child horror stories elicited an audible gasp from Baldwin.

Cabrera went on to say that it’s up to Congress to change the law, but until then his agents will continue to enforce the laws on the books.

“Most of our agents are parents. I’ve seen guys and I’ve done it myself, you give your last bottle of water to a kid, you’ll take a toy out of your car to give to one of these kids because you know the situation they’re in.” Caberera said. “Agents are very sympathetic. We’re human, we’re fathers, we have families. We do a lot for the communities here, whether or not a camera is involved. Our agents are very involved. And nobody saves more lives along the southwestern border than the U.S. Border patrol.”
              https://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/c...nt-speechless/

The game that the dems is playing is a dangerous one and they need to address the problem rather than say it is all on Drumpf. Schumer is a total dipshit. Dems should be ashamed of their leader. As long as the USA keeps its current policies in place parents will be sending their children and their children will be in danger and dying on the journey. Your move dipshit congress or may you all be voted out.

If congress wants to give the president the power to make sweeping policy changes then I hope he uses it to fix the problem.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Congress (especially the dems with heads up their butts) need to address this problem... The leader of the dems, Chuck Schumer, is using the kids as political pawns for his game.

The game that the dems is playing is a dangerous one and they need to address the problem rather than say it is all on Drumpf. Schumer is a total dipshit. Dems should be ashamed of their leader. As long as the USA keeps its current policies in place parents will be sending their children and their children will be in danger and dying on the journey. Your move dipshit congress or may you all be voted out.

If congress wants to give the president the power to make sweeping policy changes then I hope he uses it to fix the problem.

The King wants his Wall.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Congress (especially the dems with heads up their butts) need to address this problem... The leader of the dems, Chuck Schumer, is using the kids as political pawns for his game.

You lost me at The Daily Caller. That is Tucker Carlson’s rag.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    You lost me at The Daily Caller. That is Tucker Carlson’s rag.
                    Did you look at the link? I don't think Tucker had much influence over that clip. But, hey, why let facts that might not fit your apocalyptic hysteria be put in front of your view?
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      Did you look at the link? I don't think Tucker had much influence over that clip. But, hey, why let facts that might not fit your apocalyptic hysteria be put in front of your view?
                      on a different topic...is it too apocalyptic to say that I think today's hyperpartisanship is destructive and dangerous for the country in the long term?

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        The King wants his Wall.
                        If the wall sends a message to the parents of this kids to stop putting them in these dangerous situations then, by damn, we should build a symbolic wall. All of congress needs to pull their heads out and think of the children! Unless a clear message is sent indicating that you can't become a citizen of this country just jumping the boarder then the problem will continue.
                        Last edited by Uncle Ted; 06-20-2018, 12:48 PM.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah Frank, when the f*ck did Tucker move to CNN?
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

on a different topic...is it too apocalyptic to say that I think today's hyperpartisanship is destructive and dangerous for the country in the long term?
                            Yes, that is why we need more than two parties like a lot other democracies around the world... Of course, with our democrats and republicans it is really like having the same, dumbass party. With a change of power all we get is the same sh*t again.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

If the wall sends a message to the parents of this kids to stop putting them in these dangerous situations then, by damn, we should build a symbolic wall. All of congress needs to pull their heads out and think of the children! Unless a clear message is sent indicating that you can't become a citizen of this country just jumping the boarder then the problem will continue.
                              Dangerous situations? You mean like living in a Central American banana republic that the U.S. ruined? Yeah that's why they are applying for asylum. It's only this administration that has tried to apply punitive measures to asylum seekers to deter them.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Walter’s dad, that article wasn’t truthful.

Comment

Working...
                                X