President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18016

    #6106
    fan-theories-genius.jpg
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • myboynoah
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 21719

      #6107
      Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      The book raises (or adds fuel to) a number of concerns about Drumpf, but I was reassured by one of his early morning tweets today:


      A sixth grader could not have responded with greater eloquence, but then he's, like, really smart.
      That was an unbelievable three-tweet run. The guy is nuts.
      Last edited by myboynoah; 01-06-2018, 02:06 PM.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69687

        #6108
        A little matching game for your Saturday afternoon pleasure:

        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • LiveCoug
          LA Ute loves me
          • Nov 2008
          • 18488

          #6109

          Comment

          • BlueK
            Senior Member
            • May 2011
            • 7191

            #6110
            the funny thing about the book is that while they can claim all they want that it isn't true, I think a reasonable person just listening to Trump speak and reading his tweets would have a hard time not admitting everything in there is beyond plausible. Then you have people with good reputations like Senator Corker already having made comments like the WH is "adult daycare." I don't know how you can't conclude this presidency is a complete mess, regardless of your party.
            Last edited by BlueK; 01-08-2018, 12:31 PM.

            Comment

            • BigPiney
              Huge Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12365

              #6111
              Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              I got in the waiting list for the book from the library this morning. They had 20 copies at that time, I was#663 on the waiting list. May not be reading it for a while.
              Library upped its number of copies to 220. Now I am only #509 on the waiting list. I'll be reading it in less than a month, not a year like it was looking before.

              Comment

              • frank ryan
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 12352

                #6112
                Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                the funny thing about the book is that while they can claim all they want that it isn't true, I think a reasonable person just listening to Trump speak and reading his tweets would have a hard time not admitting everything in there is beyond plausible. Then you have people with good reputations like Senator Corker already having made comments like the WH is "adult daycare." I don't know how you can't conclude this presidency is a complete mess, regardless of your party.
                Supreme Court! Killary! Deep State!

                Comment

                • frank ryan
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12352

                  #6113
                  Tillerson and Mattis are reportedly trying to hold Trump back from striking North Korea


                  The Trump administration is debating a "bloody nose" attack on North Korea, recent reports say, with the president's inner circle split and apparently teetering between endorsing a strike and holding out hope for diplomacy.

                  Both The Telegraph and The Wall Street Journal have portrayed Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Secretary of Defense James Mattis as trying to caution President Donald Trump against a strike, and the national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, as advocating it.

                  The reports come after months of mixed messages and dozens of shifts in the US's stance on North Korea.

                  The bloody-nose strategy, which calls for a sharp, violent response to some North Korean provocation, puts a lot of weight on the US's properly calibrating an attack on North Korea and Pyongyang's reading the limited strike as anything other than the opening salvo of an all-out war.

                  For that reason, even the limited strike envisioned by North Korea hawks carries a tremendous risk of global — and possibly nuclear — catastrophe.



                  The US most likely has the tools and expertise to pull off a decisive, clean attack that would humiliate and batter North Korea.

                  Comment

                  • Moliere
                    One man.....one pie
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 27877

                    #6114
                    Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                    Library upped its number of copies to 220. Now I am only #509 on the waiting list. I'll be reading it in less than a month, not a year like it was looking before.
                    There’s a .pdf file of the entire book that was leaked earlier this week. You might want to look into that.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                    Comment

                    • BigPiney
                      Huge Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12365

                      #6115
                      Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      There’s a .pdf file of the entire book that was leaked earlier this week. You might want to look into that.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Thanks. But I really don't care that much. I'll just read Football for Dummies in the meantime.

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69687

                        #6116
                        Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                        Thanks. But I really don't care that much. I'll just read Football for Dummies in the meantime.
                        Hey, can you loan me that when you are done? TIA.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • BigPiney
                          Huge Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12365

                          #6117
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Hey, can you loan me that when you are done? TIA.
                          I didn't want to say anything...

                          Comment

                          • frank ryan
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12352

                            #6118
                            Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            There’s a .pdf file of the entire book that was leaked earlier this week. You might want to look into that.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Yes, Wikileaks did that. Didn't know Assange was straight up in the piracy business. Odd.

                            Comment

                            • creekster
                              It is NOT a monkey!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22661

                              #6119
                              Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Yes, Wikileaks did that. Didn't know Assange was straight up in the piracy business. Odd.
                              It’s not piracy, it’s a LEAK! The public’s right to know and all that.

                              Does make it look like he isn’t exactly in trump’s pocket, however.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                              Comment

                              • Shaka
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 10449

                                #6120
                                Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                Thanks. But I really don't care that much. I'll just read Football for Dummies in the meantime.
                                Good Boy!

                                Comment

                                Working...