Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Christians don't need an extra level of protection as refugees-- if they can make it to the U.S., that's a slam-dunk asylum case. It's completely unfair that we would exclude those fleeing terror and needlessly make an exception for the Christians.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I look forward to the day when he is removed from office and the Republicans unilaterally claim they never truly supported him. That will be fun to watch (if we haven't devolved into complete chaos by then). Fortunately, the wheels are in motion for this to happen, hopefully within the first year . I do however, fear the apathy in this country won't see it to its conclusion (this despite nationwide protests and record low approval ratings).
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
        Our form of government survives and thrives because of the division and counter-balancing of powers among the three branches. To threaten the power of the judiciary by attacking undermines our fundamental constitution as a nation. In this respect, Trump and Bannon are very harmful to our country.

Here is a very good piece identifying some of the issues from the BBC.
        http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38881119
        Our economic and political systems thrive because of the perception of stability and consistency. When the creditably of the system overall is cast in doubt, I'm afraid people may find the stability of markets and economies to be more fragile than anticipated.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          No, Trump is as bad or worse than even many of his detractors feared. I listened to the excerpt from his O'Reilly interview at lunch where he minimized the difference between the US and Putin. Shocking for its inaccuracy but also for the lack of clear thinking behind it. He is in a position to affect events spanning the globe just by his comment and he is treating it like he is a used car salesman: Let's make a deal! Will he bargain? Then he's a good guy! Hey, we are ALL killers.
          I don’t grok where he is going with Russia. What is the point in practical terms? To use the 'let's make a deal' frame, why give them all the opening room? It makes no sense; they have no leverage on us. What do they have we can't find in three or four other allies first - allies with a track record of support. Is it some play to marginalize China? Even if that is the case, it's ham-fisted at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
            I look forward to the day when he is removed from office and the Republicans unilaterally claim they never truly supported him. That will be fun to watch (if we haven't devolved into complete chaos by then). Fortunately, the wheels are in motion for this to happen, hopefully within the first year . I do however, fear the apathy in this country won't see it to its conclusion (this despite nationwide protests and record low approval ratings).
            Reminded me of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Trump re-Reaganizing the Republican Party.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.798226e35397
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Also, live stream of tomorrow's action! It's too bad I'll have my head stuck in a river all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Man those poor Trump DOJ sycophants. It's going to be such a humiliating ass-kicking trying to defend that stupid EO.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

Man those poor Trump DOJ sycophants. It's going to be such a humiliating ass-kicking trying to defend that stupid EO.
                    Yes? I haven't read the positions in court. Why is the EO unconstitutional? What standing do the states have for this argument? In a nutshell.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                      Not surprising. But those are "former" officials. Surely the WA Attorney General isn't that sloppy.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        Oh no! Trump got to you to! First Uncle Ted, and now you. Sad.
                        Wrong. I got to President Trump. I've been anti-war/anti-empire/anti-"liberation" since Bosnia. President Trump, like SU, will be get something right from time to time.

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        No, Trump is as bad or worse than even many of his detractors feared. I listened to the excerpt from his O'Reilly interview at lunch where he minimized the difference between the US and Putin. Shocking for its inaccuracy but also for the lack of clear thinking behind it. He is in a position to affect events spanning the globe just by his comment and he is treating it like he is a used car salesman: Let's make a deal! Will he bargain? Then he's a good guy! Hey, we are ALL killers.
                        #truthbomb
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          For me, the blanket ban is based on nothing. No findings of a security lapse, no threat, no precedent of danger, nothing. Therefore, emergency powers don't apply here. He did it cause Trump Says So. And based on his follow-up tweets, that is a big problem. He is online undermining the authority and legitimacy of the Judiciary Branch, referring to the Judge who issued the injunction in Washington state as "the so-called-judge" What a stupid POS.

There are a few simple ways to improve our security, reduce the porousness of the border, and document people who are already here-- none of those things will happen the Trump Way.
                          Banning refugees from countries the U.S. has had a hand in destroying (Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Yemen, Libya, et al) is wrong. The least we can do if give them a couch to crash on after blowing up their homes.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Yes? I haven't read the positions in court. Why is the EO unconstitutional? What standing do the states have for this argument? In a nutshell.
                            I haven't read any of the arguments, but I believe the Washington judge cited U.S. v Texas. That seems a good enough place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              I haven't read any of the arguments, but I believe the Washington judge cited U.S. v Texas. That seems a good enough place to start.
                              Interesting discussion.

Is President Trump’s executive order constitutional?

I agree with Rivkin. Can't have the judiciary ruling on foreign policy. That opens a whole can of worms. Who knows if it will be effective or not (I doubt it will be), but that's not the issue. I don't like this order, but it seems to me the president is empowered to issue it and act on it.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                FDR did far more than "rip" on the judiciary. What he proposed was the greatest threat to the independence of the judiciary in our history. Trump would probably love to have what FDR proposed. Thankfully, FDR failed.
                                I don't think he failed at all. He got what he wanted because the Supreme Court ended up caving and quit ruling against his new deal policies. His whole plan was to expand the number of justices on the court so that he could push his agenda through, but he ended up getting what he wanted by threatening to expand. The relationship between the government and the governed changed forever as a result as substantive due process was dealt a critical blow and ever since has been continually minimized.

Comment

Working...
                                X