The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #751
    Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Word. This is not an unhinged alt-right rambling

    We're going to spend ourselves to oblivion either way. Might as well do it with a clean conscience and take care of more people who really need it. Socialism-lite FTW!
    Yes indeed... the uneducated don't need it!

    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69712

      #752
      Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Yes indeed... the uneducated don't need it!

      That student loan debt forgiveness idea is insane.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Northwestcoug
        Cocked and Loaded
        • May 2011
        • 18028

        #753
        The loan forgiveness idea is nutty. But it's gaining traction for a reason. There is a lot of work around the edges of post-secondary education that could stop it from becoming more popular.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69712

          #754
          Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          The loan forgiveness idea is nutty. But it's gaining traction for a reason. There is a lot of work around the edges of post-secondary education that could stop it from becoming more popular.
          Because some people are stupid?
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Northwestcoug
            Cocked and Loaded
            • May 2011
            • 18028

            #755
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Because some people are stupid?
            Sure, that too.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #756
              Like rats fleeing from a sinking ship...

              Beto O’Rourke loses two campaign advisers

              Two top campaign advisers to Beto O’Rourke are no longer working for his campaign.

              O’Rourke’s campaign confirmed that advisers Becky Bond and Zack Malitz, who were instrumental in launching his presidential campaign in March, are no longer among the paid staff.

              Bond and Malitz are veterans of the Bernie Sanders campaign from 2016 who joined onto O’Rourke’s U.S. Senate run in 2018, playing key roles in organizing a legion of grassroots volunteers.
              [...]


              Maybe they got sick of him always wearing that tin-foil hat...

              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • myboynoah
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 21719

                #757
                Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Like rats fleeing from a sinking ship...




                Maybe they got sick of him always wearing that tin-foil hat...

                Mirroring the Dump campaign to eventual electoral success.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                Comment

                • frank ryan
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12377

                  #758
                  Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Like rats fleeing from a sinking ship...




                  Maybe they got sick of him always wearing that tin-foil hat...

                  Your altright 4chan buddies have really disappointed with this one. I suppose if it was Seth Rich, pizzagate and Qanon you'd on board, seeing as how you've posted things from "journalists" associated with those dumb theories not in frequently. Trump hampered not only Mueller's investigation into him and Russia, but what Russia did on election.
                  Last edited by frank ryan; 04-24-2019, 07:33 AM.

                  Comment

                  • frank ryan
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 12377

                    #759
                    Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    Mirroring the Dump campaign to eventual electoral success.

                    not exactly. he's released his taxes and hasn't bragged about being able to sexually assault women, or talked about how hot his daughter is.

                    Comment

                    • myboynoah
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 21719

                      #760
                      Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      not exactly. he's released his taxes and hasn't bragged about being able to sexually assault women, or talked about how hot his daughter is.
                      Dude needs to up his game. He's young and maleable, so I have confidence in him.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #761
                        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        Dude needs to up his game. He's young and maleable, so I have confidence in him.
                        Yeah Beto will be ok... He just needs to hop back up on the table.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • frank ryan
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12377

                          #762
                          Student loan forgiveness is not insane. For profit colleges with shit degrees and predatory practices having access to federal funds, and being saved from accountability, now that is insane and that is happening.

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69712

                            #763
                            Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            Student loan forgiveness is not insane. For profit colleges with shit degrees and predatory practices having access to federal funds, and being saved from accountability, now that is insane and that is happening.
                            How is forgiving debt going to solve that problem?
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • BlueK
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2011
                              • 7192

                              #764
                              The government probably just needs to get out of the education loan business altogether. Schools are overcharging based on students having all that borrowed money to give them.

                              Comment

                              • Uncle Ted
                                The Big 12 money shot.
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 28853

                                #765
                                Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                Student loan forgiveness is not insane.
                                Good to hear... I was thinking that Drumpf was insane!

                                Congress should extend loan forgiveness to all undergraduate students (after 180 months of repayment through an income-driven repayment plan). This would support all American students – pursuing any career – and eliminate the biases and administrative complications of the “Public Service Loan Forgiveness”program.
                                https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...Principles.pdf
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...