What's wrong with Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    This thread is overdue for a little attention. I hope everyone is okay down there.

I’ll be interested in hearing how excited Texians are about secession now.

Also, lol @ the Texas GOP making Allen West its party boss.
    Texians? Not sure what that is.

And why would Texans feel any different about secession?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Texians refers to Texans who want to secede. Like the legislator who has written a bill proposing to do so or Allen West, GOP Chairman who is in favor of secession.

Texas Republicans endorse legislation to allow vote on secession from US

The Texas Republican party has endorsed legislation that would allow state residents to vote whether to secede from the United States.

In a talkshow interview, the party chair, Allen West, argued that: “Texans have a right to voice their opinions on [this] critical issue.

“I don’t understand why anyone would feel that they need to prevent people from having a voice in something that is part of the Texas constitution,” the former Florida congressman said of the Texas Referendum Independence Act. “You cannot prevent the people from having a voice.”

​​​​​​West is the latest Republican to come out in support of declaring Texas an independent nation. Last month, the state representative Kyle Biedermann confirmed that he will introduce the bill for a referendum as early as this week.
      https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vote-secession

Comment

Texians refers to Texans who want to secede. Like the legislator who has written a bill proposing to do so or Allen West, GOP Chairman who is in favor of secession.

Fucking idiots.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Texians refers to Texans who want to secede. Like the legislator who has written a bill proposing to do so or Allen West, GOP Chairman who is in favor of secession.

That is one way of getting Ted Cruze out of the senate.
          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• If Texas does secede, can they please take Arizona with them?
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

It would be fun to watch the troops walk in to prevent any "secession".
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

It would be fun to watch the troops walk in to prevent any "secession".
                I'm not sure I care about stopping secession. At some point you have to realize that the United States has gotten too big and too diverse to be managed under a single Federal umbrella. It's naive to think the the U.S won't eventually break up into smaller entities. It will eventually happen, and it won't necessarily be a bad thing.
                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I'm not sure I care about stopping secession. At some point you have to realize that the United States has gotten too big and too diverse to be managed under a single Federal umbrella. It's naive to think the the U.S won't eventually break up into smaller entities. It will eventually happen, and it won't necessarily be a bad thing.
                  Crazy talk.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

Texas secession is a fun topic that has no real movement. We joke about it down here because of the Texas pride but we also know we’d be worse off on our own...although we wouldn’t mind blocking all those Californians from moving here.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Texas is the Quebec of the U.S.

... let that sink in

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Texas secession is a fun topic that has no real movement. We joke about it down here because of the Texas pride but we also know we’d be worse off on our own...although we wouldn’t mind blocking all those Californians from moving here.

You can't even keep the Mexicans out.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                        X