What is going to come of Obamacare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    The keys to remember are that the Republicans are partly to blame. Even though they did not vote for it and kicked and screamed that it would be a failure (I recall back when President Obama fancied his approval ratings as more in common with Clinton than Dubya he went around guffawing that they were the "party of NO!") it is important to remember that their think tanks came up with some of these ideas such as exchanges and the individual mandate.
    The GOP never attacked the problem in a big way (they did almost nothing about healthcare except Medicare Advantage) and they need to own that. But those individual elements of Obamacare (exchanges and the individual mandate) although they originated with conservatives, were proposed as part of a larger package in which they made more sense.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Mods, please change the title of this thread to "What is going to come of the Affordable Care Act?"... Thank you.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Mods, please change the title of this thread to "What is going to come of the Affordable Care Act?"... Thank you.

Some of this stuff is so obvious and blatant, it just goes to show the respect level they have for the I.Q. of the American public.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          Some of this stuff is so obvious and blatant, it just goes to show the respect level they have for the I.Q. of the American public.
          Oh they respect the IQ level of the American people. They are much better at understanding it and respecting it than Repubs could ever dream of being. The problem is, if either of them error, it is probably on giving to much respect to the IQ of the American people.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
            Oh they respect the IQ level of the American people. They are much better at understanding it and respecting it than Repubs could ever dream of being. The problem is, if either of them error, it is probably on giving to much respect to the IQ of the American people.
            Maybe I should have referred to common sense instead of I.Q. There seems to be a lot of people with high I.Q's who seem to think there is a money tree that will never run out of money.

Comment

I would say that they give it exactly the right amount of respect it deserves. Afterall, they really are targetting the main populous that gets them elected. They want 51% of the vote. They don't care about the 49%. So they aim for the liberal idealists who agree with them. And they aim for however many other people they need in addition to the liberal idealists that will get them to 51%. If that group are shallow thinkers, no matter. Easier to convince them.

Comment

Certainly.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Certainly.
                  Yep, even an idiot like me can see through the pols games, just how stupid must the rest of America be?

Comment

Yep, even an idiot like me can see through the pols games, just how stupid must the rest of America be?
                    I recommend using the modern texting (or "Newspeak") version of the word "to/two/too": "2". Then you are always using the correct version.

il_fullxfull-1893822243.jpg
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Obamacare's Cadillac Tax Hits College Campuses

What a complete screw up this law is.
                      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

they persist in our mass delusion: that there is some magic pot of money in the health-care system, which can be painlessly tapped to provide universal coverage without dislocating any of the generous arrangements that insured people currently enjoy. Just as there are no leprechauns, there is no free money at the end of the rainbow; there are patients demanding services, and health-care workers making comfortable livings, who have built their financial lives around the expectation that those incomes will continue. Until we shed this delusion, you can expect a lot of ranting and raving about the hard truths of the real world.
                        amen... and amen
                        "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                          Obamacare's Cadillac Tax Hits College Campuses

What a complete screw up this law is.
                          It seems the 40% Cadillac Tax will hit more than just college campuses. Of course, the Cadillac Tax might be about the only thing about the ACA that could potentially lower health care costs.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            That's true but Obama sent a message to the insurers last month that the risk corridors would cover them. The Risk Corridor is basically a subsidy to the insurers. I imagine that Obama is also working behind the scenes to give more money to the insurance companies if they stop canceling people now that he put the administrative fix in place.

Which is why Marco Rubio is introducing a bill to get rid of the risk corridors. Barack Obama hasn't exactly been shy about bastardizing legislation and making shit up as he goes along. So, it appears as if the new work around is to essentially pay the insurance companies for their losses from these horrible risk pools.
                            The risk corridor was big lie. Everyone lost money so there isnt a pool to draw from.

Comment

MRD, you're obviously a hateful person who wants to block poor people from access to health care.
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                                MRD, you're obviously a hateful person who wants to block poor people from access to health care.
                                Like you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X