What's right with Texas?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #541
    Originally posted by Moliere View Post

    I didn't and I read the wiki article on it and I still don't know what it is. I'm dumb.
    nobody agrees as to what it really is, means or how it might be taught in any given location.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

    Comment

    • Applejack
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2012
      • 3813

      #542
      Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

      nobody agrees as to what it really is, means or how it might be taught in any given location.
      Actually, it is a very distinct legal theory; legal academics can agree on what it is.

      But, as JL's Tiktok proves, it is largely just used as a boogeyman for the masses.

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #543


        But how are all those art history majors going to pay for their dinners out and vacations now?
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69714

          #544
          God bless that judge.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Bo Diddley
            Senior
            • Jul 2012
            • 18800

            #545
            I see the application process for loan forgiveness has been shut down. How will this play out in the courts?

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #546
              Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              I see the application process for loan forgiveness has been shut down. How will this play out in the courts?
              I think at least one supreme court justice may have a soft place for college students that partied too much in college and ran up an huge debt....

              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69714

                #547
                Impressive:

                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #548
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Impressive:

                  And Texas is the leader in wind generated energy by a significant margin... https://www.chooseenergy.com/data-ce...tion-by-state/
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69714

                    #549
                    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

                    And Texas is the leader in wind generated energy by a significant margin... https://www.chooseenergy.com/data-ce...tion-by-state/
                    Geez. 27% of US wind energy.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • Moliere
                      One man.....one pie
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 27885

                      #550
                      It’s all great except when the wellheads freeze, which happens when the sun isn’t shining and the wind isn’t blowing…like Uri in 2021. We also have to have significant backup reserves just in case…so it’s great but it’s not exactly cheap.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                      Comment

                      • Pelado
                        Bald not naked
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 21142

                        #551
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                        Geez. 27% of US wind energy.
                        So many blowhards in Texas.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

                        Comment

                        • Moliere
                          One man.....one pie
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 27885

                          #552
                          Originally posted by Pelado View Post

                          So many blowhards in Texas.
                          Um, in case you haven’t heard, the wind blows in Texas because Oklahoma sucks.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                          Comment

                          • BlueK
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2011
                            • 7192

                            #553
                            What a bastion of reasonableness and moderation is the proposed Texas GOP platform.

                            https://www.texastribune.org/2024/05...tion-platform/

                            Comment

                            • frank ryan
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12377

                              #554
                              Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                              What a bastion of reasonableness and moderation is the proposed Texas GOP platform.

                              https://www.texastribune.org/2024/05...tion-platform/
                              What's really admirable is that all these culture warrior types spend time trying to help these populations (single mothers, lgbt youth, human trafficking victims) that they truly change lives and increase understanding - oh wait they just throw laws and rules at shit with moral grandstanding and virtue signaling.

                              The SJW pendulum has swung to the other extreme.

                              The Texas GOP will rig the game. They aren't governed by principles.

                              Comment

                              • Uncle Ted
                                The Big 12 money shot.
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 28853

                                #555
                                Texas is getting $1.4 billion added to their budget...

                                Meta agrees to $1.4 billion settlement in Texas biometric data lawsuit over Facebook images
                                • Meta agreed to pay $1.4 billion to settle a facial recognition data lawsuit by the state of Texas.
                                • The lawsuit related to the Facebook owner’s unauthorized use of the personal biometric data of users from uploaded photos and videos on the social media site.
                                • Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who sued Meta in 2022, is continuing to press a similar lawsuit involving biometric data against Google owner Alphabet.
                                [...]
                                https://www.cnbc.com/2024/07/30/meta...a-lawsuit.html

                                Now go do Google/Alphabet.

                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...