What's right with Texas?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dabrockster
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 10947

    #271
    Surprised to not see this here yet..

    AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- The $1.3 trillion Texas economy has completely recovered from the Great Recession and is getting stronger, official and independent economists told state lawmakers Thursday.

    Texas and New York are the only two states to have restored all of the jobs lost when the recession hit in 2007, said John Heleman, chief revenue estimator in the Texas comptroller's office. The Texas economy is now larger than those in Michigan, North Carolina and Georgia combined, he added.

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #272
      I have been too busy looking at the UFO's flying over our heads to noticed all the jobs created in Texas...

      b57384e6-a5fd-4393-b7ca-9fc018a39528.Large.jpg

      ca8a5909-6257-43bb-8445-f7023cf504a4.Large.jpg

      .wysiwyg__content img { max-height: 100vh; } table td, table th { padding: 0 0 0; } .wysiwyg__content a { color: #fff; } .button--secondary { border: 1px solid #fff; padding: .625rem 1.5rem; color: #fff; } .wysiwyg__content a:hover { color: #0d2c6b; } .button--secondary:hover { background: #fff; color: #0d2c6b; }
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #273
        Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        I have been too busy looking at the UFO's flying over our heads to noticed all the jobs created in Texas...

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3966[/ATTACH]

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3967[/ATTACH]

        http://www.aviationweek.com/Blogs.as...8-14d04d3ef6a1

        OK, it is just one of those X-45C Phantom Rays...



        No need to panic.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #274
          Nearly one-third of Texas is wind powered...

          Wind generation output in ERCOT tops 10,000 MW, breaks record

          March winds brought a new wind power record to the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) region Wednesday evening, March 26, when instantaneous output reached a record 10,296 megawatts (MW) at 8:48 p.m.


          At the time the new record was set, wind generation was providing nearly 29 percent of the 35,768 MW of electricity being used on the ERCOT grid. The new record beats the previous record set earlier this month by more than 600 MW, and the American Wind Energy Association reports it was a record for any U.S. power system.
          […]
          And with the new transmission lines Texas is on track to be the world's 5th-largest wind power producer.

          When are y'all going to get serious about renewable energy?
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #275
            Austin
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • Flystripper
              Degenerate Gambler
              • Nov 2008
              • 14089

              #276
              On a flight to Dallas right now. I will let you know if anything right exists this time around.
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #277
                Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                On a flight to Dallas right now. I will let you know if anything right exists this time around.
                Dude try the hamburger with egg. Trust me on this one.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • Joe Public
                  8.1 YPC
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 8524

                  #278
                  Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  On a flight to Dallas right now. I will let you know if anything right exists this time around.
                  It will not be the water. Trust me on this one.
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                  "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                  Comment

                  • Flystripper
                    Degenerate Gambler
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14089

                    #279
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Dude try the hamburger with egg. Trust me on this one.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

                    Comment

                    • Moliere
                      One man.....one pie
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 27880

                      #280
                      Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Nearly one-third of Texas is wind powered...



                      And with the new transmission lines Texas is on track to be the world's 5th-largest wind power producer.

                      When are y'all going to get serious about renewable energy?
                      Ha, yeah 1/3 for like a split second on a shoulder month. In the summer it's closer to 15% for ERCOT.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                      Comment

                      • smokymountainrain
                        Impressive Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22593

                        #281
                        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        Austin
                        Apparently not Beaumont-Port Arthur.

                        Discover the ten most miserable cities in America, based on various quality of life factors.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

                        Comment

                        • Pheidippides
                          Liberal Feminazi
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 14759

                          #282
                          Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          Apparently not Beaumont-Port Arthur.

                          http://www.businessinsider.com/the-1...ca-2013-3?op=1
                          You won't get any argument from me. Beaumont is a pit.
                          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                          Comment

                          • Uncle Ted
                            The Big 12 money shot.
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 28853

                            #283
                            Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
                            You won't get any argument from me. Beaumont is a pit.
                            Isn't Beaumont in Louisiana?
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Pheidippides
                              Liberal Feminazi
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14759

                              #284
                              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Isn't Beaumont in Louisiana?
                              As far as I'm concerned it is.
                              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                              Comment

                              • smokymountainrain
                                Impressive Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22593

                                #285
                                Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                Isn't Beaumont in Louisiana?
                                If Jefferson County is in Louisiana.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

                                Comment

                                Working...