The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Applejack
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 3813

    #3301
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Hey, how come Hillary gets the incorrect possessive but Trump doesn't?
    Sexist!

    Comment

    • old_gregg
      scaly man fish
      • Nov 2009
      • 16915

      #3302
      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      Looks like I will be doing a no vote for President.
      congrats on behaving in an economically rational manner
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

      Comment

      • byu71
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22070

        #3303
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Hey, how come Hillary gets the incorrect possessive but Trump doesn't?
        I have never been good at grammatical or spelling correctness. Feel free to correct my errors if you choose.

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #3304
          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          Sad, so very sad. This thing looks like it is coming down to Trump vs Hillary. Looks like I will be doing a no vote for President. Of course if I thought my vote could sway things, I would choose one of the lesser of two very flawed and terrible choices.

          Now that the majority of the press seems to accept Donald's candidacy they are starting to scrutinize him more and more and stop the celebrity treatment. They should have been doing this long ago. This joke and embarassment going on in the republican primary they are calling it now is to a large extent their fault. Yes, I do put the majority of the press in the same grouping with the Trumps and Hillary's of the world.
          176041_600-2.jpg
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • PaloAltoCougar
            Semper infra dignitatem
            • Nov 2008
            • 16936

            #3305
            John Oliver's show about Trump made me feel a bit better. Oliver can be a little too smug and irritating at times, but given that his target here embodies those characteristics x 10, I'm more than okay with this. It's long, but entertaining.

            [YOUTUBE]DnpO_RTSNmQ[/YOUTUBE]

            I also like that Oliver can be self-effacing, describing himself as looking like a near-sighted parrot who works for a bank.

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69687

              #3306
              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Look I don't think Trump is worth anything as a president, but some of you guys need to stop this charade that the other people running for both parties are anything different than him.
              Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
              Come on, guys. Politically ignorant and cynical is no way to go through life.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Jarid in Cedar
                CS Institutional Memory
                • Jun 2009
                • 13234

                #3307
                My personal interest in Trump winning the nomination is to see how many of the republican sheep(those who vote R at all costs) toe the party line.

                Ftr, I am decidedly independent. But most of all I despise straight party voters. Voting an ideology and not on a candidate is what brought us to the current compilation of candidates.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                -Rick Majerus

                Comment

                • Dwight Schr-ute
                  Members Only
                  • May 2011
                  • 4917

                  #3308
                  Who's this Drumpf that you guys keep talking about?!
                  I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69687

                    #3309
                    Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    My personal interest in Trump winning the nomination is to see how many of the republican sheep(those who vote R at all costs) toe the party line.

                    Ftr, I am decidedly independent. But most of all I despise straight party voters. Voting an ideology and not on a candidate is what brought us to the current compilation of candidates.
                    If it ends up being Trump vs. Hillary, it will be fascinating to see how the state of Utah votes. Traditionally one of the most republican states, but Trump has never polled well in Utah (God bless Utah voters).
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • I.J. Reilly
                      Nobody's Fool
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 2949

                      #3310
                      If the Donald is the Republican nominee, what does Utah do? Up to now the state has exhibited more antipathy towards him than almost any other state but if he's the Republican nominee is there any way the state's electoral votes don't go to him? Does the Church start to issue more position statements that demonstrate its dislike for the candidate and giving members more ammo in not voting for him?

                      Comment

                      • imanihonjin
                        Junior Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 3772

                        #3311
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Come on, guys. Politically ignorant and cynical is no way to go through life.
                        It's true, if we were the opposite of those things then we could join in the debate for how on the margin Hillary or Donald are less evil than their counterpart.

                        Face it, because of the political ignorance of the masses, we are presented with the choice of Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. Hard not to take a cynical view of the current state of affairs.

                        Comment

                        • Uncle Ted
                          The Big 12 money shot.
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 28853

                          #3312
                          Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                          Who's this Drumpf that you guys keep talking about?!
                          Let Me Google That For You (LMGTFY): for all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than search it for themselves.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • Jarid in Cedar
                            CS Institutional Memory
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 13234

                            #3313
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            If it ends up being Trump vs. Hillary, it will be fascinating to see how the state of Utah votes. Traditionally one of the most republican states, but Trump has never polled well in Utah (God bless Utah voters).
                            I agree. Clearly Trump is the least palatable Republican for Utahns, when given a choice. The dissonance that will occur when he us the only republican choice will be fascinating to watch
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                            -Rick Majerus

                            Comment

                            • imanihonjin
                              Junior Member
                              • Jun 2013
                              • 3772

                              #3314
                              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                              I agree. Clearly Trump is the least palatable Republican for Utahns, when given a choice. The dissonance that will occur when he us the only republican choice will be fascinating to watch
                              It might be fascinating but the result will be predictable. Trump will still win by a healthy margin. Utahns don't like Trump, but they like him more than Hillary.

                              Comment

                              • Uncle Ted
                                The Big 12 money shot.
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 28853

                                #3315
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                If it ends up being Trump vs. Hillary, it will be fascinating to see how the state of Utah votes. Traditionally one of the most republican states, but Trump has never polled well in Utah (God bless Utah voters).
                                Who cares about Utah and it's half of dozen or less electoral votes? What is far more interesting is New York:

                                Hillary could lose to Trump in Democratic New York

                                Confidential polling data shows Hillary Clinton could lose the presidential election in heavily Democratic New York to Donald Trump as the GOP front-runner’s support grows to the point of being “surprisingly strong,” The Post has learned.
                                [...]
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...