Mitt Romney post election thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #91
    Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    I so want Mitt to be president but I don't want him to run a third time.
    Same. I'm also not looking forward to a primary with Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio and Chris Christie. But it will be fun to watch Hillary implode.

    Comment

    • Moliere
      One man.....one pie
      • Oct 2009
      • 27895

      #92
      At this point I really have no one in the GOP that I care for much...although I do like Portman. I doubt he'll run though. Anytime I'm around my tea party buddies I always call Ted "Rafael" Cruz. It bugs them. I really don't like Rafael.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

      Comment

      • Shaka
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 10450

        #93
        You guys are such wussies. If Mitt ran he'd practically be handed the nomination. Also I think the religion problem is played out and people are realizing that was a dumb reason to oppose him.

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #94
          Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          You guys are such wussies. If Mitt ran he'd practically be handed the nomination. Also I think the religion problem is played out and people are realizing that was a dumb reason to oppose him.
          I think you can make your point without insulting the rest of us.

          Comment

          • Shaka
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 10450

            #95
            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            I think you can make your point without insulting the rest of us.
            It was more fun that way. Besides Fusnik has rubbed off on me.

            Comment

            • imanihonjin
              Junior Member
              • Jun 2013
              • 3772

              #96
              Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              You guys are such wussies. If Mitt ran he'd practically be handed the nomination. Also I think the religion problem is played out and people are realizing that was a dumb reason to oppose him.
              In 2012, Mormonism really wasn't that big of an issue because Obama had his own religious issues with Jeremiah Wright. Both sides were content to leave religion out of the equation. I don't think Mitt would have the luxury this time around and the Clintons would have no issue slinging mud. Additionally, with gay marriage becoming a protected right, Mitt would have to constantly defend his church's antiquated position. Throw in the Kate Kelley and women's rights issues, and religion is a mill stone for Mitt.

              Comment

              • YOhio
                Hipster Mode
                • Nov 2008
                • 26165

                #97
                Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                It was more fun that way. Besides Fusnik has rubbed off on me.
                Gross! TMI!

                Comment

                • Shaka
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 10450

                  #98
                  Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                  In 2012, Mormonism really wasn't that big of an issue because Obama had his own religious issues with Jeremiah Wright. Both sides were content to leave religion out of the equation. I don't think Mitt would have the luxury this time around and the Clintons would have no issue slinging mud. Additionally, with gay marriage becoming a protected right, Mitt would have to constantly defend his church's antiquated position. Throw in the Kate Kelley and women's rights issues, and religion is a mill stone for Mitt.
                  Religion killed Mitt in the Republican primary. That's where the damage was done.

                  Comment

                  • imanihonjin
                    Junior Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 3772

                    #99
                    Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                    Religion killed Mitt in the Republican primary. That's where the damage was done.
                    True. Now imagine it being an issue in the general election as well as the primary. He can't win.

                    Comment

                    • Shaka
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 10450

                      #100
                      Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                      True. Now imagine it being an issue in the general election as well as the primary. He can't win.
                      It will be a minor issue. Hilary may have it worse because of the increasing exposure of her Alinsky relationship.

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #101
                        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        Yeah! lets get this party started, baby! Election years are when I do some of my best work on these message boards.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #102
                          Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          You guys are such wussies. If Mitt ran he'd practically be handed the nomination. Also I think the religion problem is played out and people are realizing that was a dumb reason to oppose him.
                          I agree. this thing isnt over yet. Long ways to go still.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Shaka
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 10450

                            #103
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I agree. this thing isnt over yet. Long ways to go still.
                            I think he will stick to his guns and sit this one out. Still it wouldn't surprise me if he ran.

                            Comment

                            • frank ryan
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12383

                              #104
                              Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              It will be a minor issue. Hilary may have it worse because of the increasing exposure of her Alinsky relationship.
                              That will be the least of her concerns. People like Hannity pulled that out years ago. Every social science should know and understand how to employ Alinsky's tactics and strategies. It is a non-issue and much less a negative than the Pastor Wright baggage Obama has had to manage.

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #105
                                Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                I think he will stick to his guns and sit this one out. Still it wouldn't surprise me if he ran.
                                I have to imagine that his entire family has had enough.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...