Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Long Road

http://afghanistan.nationalpost.com/

A decade of war in Afghanistan has cost more than 150 Canadian lives and billions of dollars.

It began without a clear idea of the nature of the operation, when Defence Minister Art Eggleton said he would not use the word “war” as he committed troops to Afghanistan in October, 2001. Nor did anyone know how long the task would take although General Ray Henault, the Chief of Defence Staff, pledged, “We do know that we will contribute … as long as it is required.”

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    The soldier in the picture is from the US Army... want to know how I know this? No maple leaf
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
      The soldier in the picture is from the US Army... want to know how I know this? No maple leaf
      They don't always where the maple leaf, especially in combat.

Comment

Canada is to be commended and thanked for their contributions in Afghanistan.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
          They don't always where the maple leaf, especially in combat.
          Wear on their uniform do they usually where it?
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
            ha.

And
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
              On the left shoulder.

http://afghanistan.nationalpost.com/illustrations-2/

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                ha.

And
                They set up ice rinks there and flew in Tim Horton's coffee and doughnuts.

Comment

Working...
                X