Obamacare cost...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #631
    Yet another company blames Obamacare for its major benefits policy change...

    One of the basic pledges President Obama has made regarding his health-care reforms is that “if you like the plan you have, you can keep it.” It’s also a pledge that could come back to bite, politically.


    The latest sign of that is the news, made public this week, that shipping company UPS will no longer make health insurance benefits available to some 15,000 employee spouses. In announcing the change, the company referred to Obamacare as a reason it is having to battle to contain health-care costs.


    This news comes alongside other signs that employers – the largest source of health insurance for Americans – aren’t finding it easy to continue with health coverage as usual.

    [...]
    The latest news and headlines from Yahoo! News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.


    Clearly UPS is a company that is managed by a bunch of republican blood sucking capitalists. Otherwise they would be more like the USPS and would be providing huge benefit packages/pensions to its valued employees no matter the cost.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • calicoug
      Junior Member
      • Oct 2011
      • 1556

      #632
      Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Yet another company blames Obamacare for its major benefits policy change...


      The latest news and headlines from Yahoo! News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.


      Clearly UPS is a company that is managed by a bunch of republican blood sucking capitalists. Otherwise they would be more like the USPS and would be providing huge benefit packages/pensions to its valued employees no matter the cost.
      Unions won't like the law. It will definitely result in lower benefit plans for most union employees.

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #633
        Originally posted by calicoug View Post
        Unions won't like the law. It will definitely result in lower benefit plans for most union employees.
        But if the Unions won't like the law then what will they think of the creator(s) of the law?!?

        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Indy Coug
          Heartless Bastard
          • Dec 2008
          • 18747

          #634
          Obama - worst president ever?



          I don't know about EVER, but he's working hard on being included in the conversation.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

          Comment

          • Uncle Ted
            The Big 12 money shot.
            • Apr 2010
            • 28853

            #635
            Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
            Obama - worst president ever?



            I don't know about EVER, but he's working hard on being included in the conversation.
            Well... At least those Utah MLMs didn't dump a bunch of money into his PACs. Goldman Sachs? Maybe, but not those Utah MLMs.


            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • byu71
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22070

              #636
              On some show they said the 70% of health cares expenses are spent on a person in their last two years of life. If this is true, then I am not opposed to the death panel.

              Comment

              • Pelado
                Bald not naked
                • Sep 2010
                • 21143

                #637
                Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                On some show they said the 70% of health cares expenses are spent on a person in their last two years of life. If this is true, then I am not opposed to the death panel.
                Next up for the panel...byu71.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

                Comment

                • Pelado
                  Bald not naked
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 21143

                  #638
                  All third-party systems are crappy and inefficient. But socialized health care has at least the great clarifying simplicity of equality of crappiness: liberté, égalité, merde. It requires a perverse genius to construct a “health” “care” “reform” that destroys everything from religious liberty to full-time employment, while requiring multitudes of new tax collectors and other bureaucrats and ever fewer doctors and nurses. The parallel public/private systems of Continental Europe cost about 10 percent of GDP. The Obamacare monstrosity blends all the worst aspects of a private system (bureaucracy, restricted access, co-pays) with all the worst aspects of a government system (bureaucracy, restricted access, IRS agents) and sucks up twice as much GDP, ever less of which is spent on “health care” and ever more on the intervening layers of third, fourth, fifth, and sixth parties.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

                  Comment

                  • CardiacCoug
                    вот так штука
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 11013

                    #639
                    Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    On some show they said the 70% of health cares expenses are spent on a person in their last two years of life. If this is true, then I am not opposed to the death panel.
                    Sure, but that's a RETROSPECTIVE analysis: "Look he/she died anyway! All that medical care was a waste!"

                    But some of those really, really sick people getting very expensive care with a significant likelihood of dying end up recovering completely and even rejoining the work force and supporting families, etc. In any given case where all that money was spent it wasn't necessarily possible IN ADVANCE to say "That medical care is wasted. Let him die."

                    One huge cause of all that wasteful spending, in my opinion, is that doctors are paid to provide expensive care regardless of the likelihood of recovery. I took care of an 85-year old who was offered aggressive (and expensive!) chemotherapy recently and I'm positive it hastened her death but enhanced her oncologist's income. Those perverse incentives need to be minimized.

                    Comment

                    • CardiacCoug
                      вот так штука
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 11013

                      #640
                      Great article. Obamacare is a disaster -- that's what I've been saying. The US needs to make up its mind on health care: either single government payer or HSAs with high deductible health plans. Something in between those two extremes isn't going to work.

                      Comment

                      • All-American
                        Right, as Usual
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 15669

                        #641
                        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                        Obama - worst president ever?



                        I don't know about EVER, but he's working hard on being included in the conversation.
                        Well, him, and Lincoln, FDR, and JFK.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                        Comment

                        • imanihonjin
                          Junior Member
                          • Jun 2013
                          • 3772

                          #642
                          "We were just talking with some folks earlier about the fact that, for a lot of people, it will be cheaper than your cell phone bill," Obama explained.
                          And there is the problem. If we are paying for someone's health care because they can't afford it well then they had better not have a cell phone.

                          Comment

                          • woot
                            Resident Science Cop
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5531

                            #643
                            Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                            And there is the problem. If we are paying for someone's health care because they can't afford it well then they had better not have a cell phone.
                            Even the subsistence-level folks I met in Africa have cell phones. "If my money is contributing to keeping poor people alive, those poor people better not have the tools necessary to find and keep a job!" Nice work, dude.

                            Comment

                            • snowcat
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 1348

                              #644
                              Originally posted by woot View Post
                              Even the subsistence-level folks I met in Africa have cell phones. "If my money is contributing to keeping poor people alive, those poor people better not have the tools necessary to find and keep a job!" Nice work, dude.
                              Owning a cell phone is not a requirement for any of my employees.
                              One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

                              Woot

                              I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                              SU

                              Comment

                              • Goatnapper'96
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 10924

                                #645
                                Originally posted by woot View Post
                                Even the subsistence-level folks I met in Africa have cell phones. "If my money is contributing to keeping poor people alive, those poor people better not have the tools necessary to find and keep a job!" Nice work, dude.
                                I agree many subsistence level folks make many other similarly wise economic decisions. In defense of the poor folk in Africa, I don't think that there is as reliable as a PSTN as we have in this country, and our most generous telecom subsidy programs support land-lines.
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

                                I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

                                Comment

                                Working...