Natural Born Citizens

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #46
    Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
    I have a very hard time feeling sorry for illegal immigrants in America that can't get citizenship status when I have someone in my branch from Ecuador that spent nearly 20 years trying to immigrate legally to the US and once he was finally able to legally immigrate, only he and his three girls were allowed to enter the country because his wife's paperwork was screwed up somehow. They have been apart for three years and it appears that it will probably take at least another two years before they are reunited.

    The US needs to overhaul the legal immigration process to reward a family like this instead of turning them into the kind of horror story that results in so many others immigrating illegally.
    I feel bad for people like this, too- people's paperwork doesn't just get magically screwed up unless they are doing it themselves and have no idea how to navigate the system or correct problems when mistakes are submitted. Sounds like they were apart for five years for no reason at all. They should have gotten some help.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #47
      Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      That's just it.................my relatives demand that they come here legally, but then refuse to consider a way to make them legal. They say no "amnesty" as if this were a criminal act rather than a civil one. CUF Attorneys, which is it....criminal or civil (I honestly don't know)?

      We could easily find a way for most UDW to be here legally. If we imposed a huge fee on them, they would pay it. If we made them jump through hoops, they would jump. They want to be here because they want a better life than they can have wherever their parents "dropped" them.

      Necro reply! Removal proceedings are civil. Re-entry after a deportation is a criminal offense, but is only prosecuted depending on the reason the person was removed or how egregious of a negative immigration history the person has. I agree- all this bullshit about not allowing "amnesty" for Mexicans/Central Americans is all very subjective when Cubans can just set foot on U.S. soil and are awarded Lawful Permanent Residency. Kind of like Ted Cruz' dad. Interesting that he is so anti-immigration reform when the U.S. rolled out the red carpet for his family pretty arbitrarily.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #48
        Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
        Well, I guess we know where Trump stands on this issue.
        If I were god I'd make Trump reborn in a dirt poor barrio in Mexico with absolutely nothing to hope for.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • myboynoah
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 21719

          #49
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          If I were god I'd make Trump reborn in a dirt poor barrio in Mexico with absolutely nothing to hope for.
          Come back, man, and you'll have the chance.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

          For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

          Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #50
            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            If I were god I'd make Trump reborn in a dirt poor barrio in Mexico with absolutely nothing to hope for.
            You can be one but you have a lot of repenting to do.

            Comment

            • smokymountainrain
              Impressive Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22593

              #51
              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              If I were god I'd make Trump reborn in a dirt poor barrio in Mexico with absolutely nothing to hope for.
              At least you're admitting He exists. Baby steps.
              Last edited by smokymountainrain; 08-20-2015, 10:50 AM.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

              Comment

              Working...