Oslo Bombing

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #121
    Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
    Drunk driving and what just happened in Holland and recently in Virginia and Arizona are not the same thing, and you know it.
    Aren't they? A drunk driver knows what he's doing when he gets behind the wheel. You'll have to convince me otherwise if you want me to side with you in this issue.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

    Comment

    • il Padrino Ute
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 19161

      #122
      Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
      Yes, no one ever misses their intended target with a handgun, and I'm sure no one ever makes a wrong split-second decision about whether shooting their intended target is the right thing to do.
      A citizen who is trained to safely use the weapon will hit his target. Your argument isn't going to persuade me to agree that the violation of the 2nd Amendment is the answer.
      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

      Comment

      • Clark Addison
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 10316

        #123
        The death toll from the island was revised down from 86 to 68 today. Does anyone know how many people were at the camp in total? Did he kill 68 of 100 people, or 68 ot 1,000? Not that it matters that much either way, I was just curious.

        Comment

        • Tim
          Not Banned
          • Nov 2008
          • 4390

          #124
          Disgusting:

          [YOUTUBE]KwdCxV10FwQ[/YOUTUBE]
          Visca Catalunya Lliure

          Comment

          • dabrockster
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 10964

            #125
            This whole thread is not what I expected... And seems to continue down a path of division amongst us in the middle of a tragic situation..... How sad...

            Comment

            • wuapinmon
              Soul Plumber
              • Dec 2008
              • 30711

              #126
              People are blaming some conservative bloggers for inspiring the gunman. Here's a review of the articles:

              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

              Comment

              • woot
                Resident Science Cop
                • Nov 2008
                • 5531

                #127


                That's a good article about the irony involved in the Oslo bombing. The bomber was a paranoid right-wing anti-Muslim Christian of a very similar brand as the ones in America who wanted so badly for the Oslo bomber to be a Muslim.

                I truly hope this gives pause to those like Statman whose worldviews are so patently wrong-headed, but I don't have my hopes up.

                Comment

                • Borderline Divine
                  Junior Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 598

                  #128
                  Originally posted by woot View Post
                  http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ack-in-us.html

                  That's a good article about the irony involved in the Oslo bombing. The bomber was a paranoid right-wing anti-Muslim Christian of a very similar brand as the ones in America who wanted so badly for the Oslo bomber to be a Muslim.

                  I truly hope this gives pause to those like Statman whose worldviews are so patently wrong-headed, but I don't have my hopes up.
                  The D-News actually had a headline up calling it the work of Al-Qaida agents before they pulled it. Of course they weren't the only ones.

                  BTW Pat Buchannan has said the shooter may have been right...
                  The Holy War is over, and Utah won - Federal Ute

                  Think of how stupid the average American is. Then remember that half are even dumber than that. - George Carlin

                  Comment

                  • Color Me Badd Fan
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 12519

                    #129
                    You guys seem downright giddy that this guy looks like the terrorists Bruce Willis fought in Die Hard.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #130
                      Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                      You guys seem downright giddy that this guy looks like the terrorists Bruce Willis fought in Die Hard.
                      The guy looks straight out of Zoolander.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Viking
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 6470

                        #131
                        Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Russia, for example, has very low gun ownership (4 for every 100 people) but a very high homicide rate (18 out of every 100,000 people). Brazil has very restrictive gun laws compared to the United States and has a homicide rate of 27 (out of every 100,000 people). On the other hand, Switzerland has one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world (male citizens ages 20 to 30+ are required to keep a government issued gun in their homes and take yearly mandatory training) but one of the lowest homicide rates (less than one). The US homicide rate is about 5.


                        Crime in Russia - Wikipedia, the free [email]encyclopedia

                        Gun politics in Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                        Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free [email]encyclopedia
                        Bullshit. Brazil is amazingly simple to register a firearm.

                        One of the largest firearms companies is here, Forjas Taurus.

                        Handguns are everywhere here and the police shoot first, ask later...

                        Comment

                        • byu71
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22070

                          #132
                          Originally posted by woot View Post
                          http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ack-in-us.html

                          That's a good article about the irony involved in the Oslo bombing. The bomber was a paranoid right-wing anti-Muslim Christian of a very similar brand as the ones in America who wanted so badly for the Oslo bomber to be a Muslim.

                          I truly hope this gives pause to those like Statman whose worldviews are so patently wrong-headed, but I don't have my hopes up.
                          Self proclaimed Christian. I don't think he is a Christian. I would be curious if you took a poll of Christians how many would support what he did?

                          Comment

                          • Uncle Ted
                            The Big 12 money shot.
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 28853

                            #133
                            Originally posted by Viking View Post
                            Bullshit. Brazil is amazingly simple to register a firearm.

                            One of the largest firearms companies is here, Forjas Taurus.

                            Handguns are everywhere here and the police shoot first, ask later...
                            Maybe you need to update the wikipedia page I referenced...

                            Because of gun politics in Brazil, all firearms are required to be registered with the state; the minimum age for ownership is 25 and although it is legal to carry a gun outside a residence, extremely severe restrictions were made by the federal government since 2002 making it virtually impossible to obtain a carry permit.

                            [...]

                            Although Brazil has 110 million fewer citizens than the United States, and more restrictive gun laws, there are 50% more gun deaths; other sources indicate that homicide rates due to guns are approximately four times higher than the rate in the United States.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • frank ryan
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12389

                              #134
                              Originally posted by Viking View Post
                              Bullshit. Brazil is amazingly simple to register a firearm.

                              One of the largest firearms companies is here, Forjas Taurus.

                              Handguns are everywhere here and the police shoot first, ask later...
                              I don't believe gun ownership in Switzerland is compulsory anymore either. Something to do with their suicide rate. I'm too lazy to search for it now.

                              Comment

                              • frank ryan
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12389

                                #135
                                Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                                Self proclaimed Christian. I don't think he is a Christian. I would be curious if you took a poll of Christians how many would support what he did?
                                There is a a racist right in Europe that scares me. No doubt this man will have his supporters

                                Comment

                                Working...