The 2012 Republican Primary thread, early edition

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #1471
    I'm watching this debate on delay. I'm through the first half hour. Mitt has done well but I personally like Newt's immigration position more than Mitt's. However Mitt's position will play better with sonsevatives. Mind you some of it is screwy like the neighborhood commissions.

    But the "you also own Fannie Mae stock" put down was great.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #1472
      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      I like most of Paul's ideas. He's very likable. Just not electable.
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      After the last couple of debates, my wife informed that she wants to vote for Ron Paul now.
      Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      Paul has grown on me as well.
      Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
      Paul has a strange demeanor about him, and if it weren't for his silly gold standard position, I could really get behind him.
      Originally posted by Viking View Post
      I could support Rand Paul.


      Rand Paul 2016

      Last edited by Uncle Ted; 01-26-2012, 08:18 PM.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • creekster
        It is NOT a monkey!
        • Nov 2008
        • 22661

        #1473
        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        He's getting big props on the CNN aftershow.
        I know. I am listening. But his closing statement was stupid, IMO, and some of the things he said were intended to appeal to the least intelligent members of the electorate. Pathetic.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

        Comment

        • old_gregg
          scaly man fish
          • Nov 2009
          • 16915

          #1474
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

          Comment

          • myboynoah
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 21719

            #1475
            David Gergen seems to way overthink things.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

            For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

            Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

            Comment

            • creekster
              It is NOT a monkey!
              • Nov 2008
              • 22661

              #1476
              Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              David Gergen seems to way overthink things.
              Well heaven knows he didnt get there on looks.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

              Comment

              • Color Me Badd Fan
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2009
                • 12519

                #1477
                Wolf Blitzer has done a great job tonight.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #1478
                  Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  Well heaven knows he didnt get there on looks.
                  Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #1479
                    Great night for Mitt. I am not sure it could have been any better really. Newt got roasted by everyone and when he tried his John King trick on Wolf, he got Blitzed!

                    Paul and Santorum both did well and certainly better than Newt. Neither is a real threat but they may have won a few votes tonight which is key for Mitt. The additional votes they may have won tonight are going to be Newtons defecting.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • myboynoah
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 21719

                      #1480

                      "You're going down tonight, my friend, you're going down."
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                      Comment

                      • Color Me Badd Fan
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 12519

                        #1481
                        Santorum has had a good debate. I know some on here don't care for him and I think he has been too strident on social issues, but I have felt that he's an acceptable candidate -- while Newt is unacceptable. Santorum has touted this ad nauseum, but he did win two elections in Pennsylvania while running to the right of the electorate. I think after becoming more well known and getting the funding he could be a decent candidate in the general, although it would be unlikely for him to win it all. With Newt it would be impossible.
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                        Comment

                        • Color Me Badd Fan
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 12519

                          #1482
                          "after getting to know them, all three of the wives would be terrific..."

                          Lol!
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                          Comment

                          • pellegrino
                            miserere me
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 12100

                            #1483
                            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            Great night for Mitt. I am not sure it could have been any better really. Newt got roasted by everyone and when he tried his John King trick on Wolf, he got Blitzed!

                            Paul and Santorum both did well and certainly better than Newt. Neither is a real threat but they may have won a few votes tonight which is key for Mitt. The additional votes they may have won tonight are going to be Newtons defecting.
                            John King is the biggest wuss of a moderator there ever was.
                            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                            Alessandro Manzoni

                            Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                            pelagius

                            Comment

                            • creekster
                              It is NOT a monkey!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22661

                              #1484
                              Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              Santorum has had a good debate. I know some on here don't care for him and I think he has been too strident on social issues, but I have felt that he's an acceptable candidate -- while Newt is unacceptable. Santorum has touted this ad nauseum, but he did win two elections in Pennsylvania while running to the right of the electorate. I think after becoming more well known and getting the funding he could be a decent candidate in the general, although it would be unlikely for him to win it all. With Newt it would be impossible.
                              Santorum cannot win. He is a nut and his views are nutty.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #1485
                                Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                Santorum has had a good debate. I know some on here don't care for him and I think he has been too strident on social issues, but I have felt that he's an acceptable candidate -- while Newt is unacceptable. Santorum has touted this ad nauseum, but he did win two elections in Pennsylvania while running to the right of the electorate. I think after becoming more well known and getting the funding he could be a decent candidate in the general, although it would be unlikely for him to win it all. With Newt it would be impossible.
                                Santorum is too far right for my tastes. I am afraid he'd try to legislate his own morals and have us in a war with Iran within a year of him as president.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...