The Energy Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bo Diddley
    Senior
    • Jul 2012
    • 18791

    #661
    Taxi drivers in London find that it's cheaper to use gas right now.

    Black-cab drivers say it's cheaper to run hybrid taxis on petrol because of rising electricity prices.

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37987

      #662
      Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      Taxi drivers in London find that it's cheaper to use gas right now.

      https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-65083432
      I knew they wouldn't stick to petrol forever. Idiots.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Bo Diddley
        Senior
        • Jul 2012
        • 18791

        #663
        Originally posted by falafel View Post

        I knew they wouldn't stick to petrol forever. Idiots.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69706

          #664
          Why are charging stations so expensive? I was talking to my buddy with a new Tesla here in the US and he said it is often the equivalent of $3-4/gal when you use a remote/public charging station. That really surprises me.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Pelado
            Bald not naked
            • Sep 2010
            • 21142

            #665
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Why are charging stations so expensive? I was talking to my buddy with a new Tesla here in the US and he said it is often the equivalent of $3-4/gal when you use a remote/public charging station. That really surprises me.
            P2188751-copy.jpg
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69706

              #666
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Pelado
                Bald not naked
                • Sep 2010
                • 21142

                #667
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                It's a gouge.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37987

                  #668
                  Originally posted by Pelado View Post

                  It's a gouge.
                  Lol I thought it was a shoe horn?
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Clark Addison
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10310

                    #669
                    I bet Moliere got that joke

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #670
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Why are charging stations so expensive? I was talking to my buddy with a new Tesla here in the US and he said it is often the equivalent of $3-4/gal when you use a remote/public charging station. That really surprises me.
                      Tesla owners are dumb enough to buy anything.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • BigFatMeanie
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7114

                        #671
                        Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

                        Tesla owners are dumb enough to buy anything.
                        So are Apple fanboys

                        Comment

                        • Moliere
                          One man.....one pie
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 27882

                          #672
                          Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                          I bet Moliere got that joke
                          I got it but didn’t laugh
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37987

                            #673
                            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

                            Tesla owners are dumb enough to buy anything.
                            Teslas are the Apples of cars.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Pelado
                              Bald not naked
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 21142

                              #674
                              Originally posted by Moliere View Post

                              I got it but didn’t laugh
                              That is often the reaction for my jokes, whether people get them or not.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

                              Comment

                              • All-American
                                Right, as Usual
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 15665

                                #675
                                A fusion-power company called Helion putting money on the line. It signed a contract with Microsoft to deliver fusion-power electricity by 2028, or pay penalties.

                                https://newatlas.com/energy/helion-m...t-fusion-2028/

                                Will they make it? Probably not, says University of Chicago physicist Robert Rosner ("I will never say never. But it would be astonishing if they succeed.")

                                https://singularityhub.com/2023/05/1...actor-by-2028/

                                But, if they don't, maybe the goal line will move, and fusion power will now only always be FIVE years away.
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                                Comment

                                Working...