Annex Canada

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18026

    #316
    Originally posted by tooblue View Post




    The diet in Canada is identical to the US, except maybe poutine ... poutine is disgusting
    Bro I don't think you're even allowed to say that up here!

    (Not disgusting by the way).
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • bluegoose
      7th round draft pick
      • Nov 2008
      • 4121

      #317
      Originally posted by tooblue View Post




      The diet in Canada is identical to the US, except maybe poutine ... poutine is disgusting
      Respectfully and forcefully disagree!!! Poutine is amazing!

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69705

        #318
        Originally posted by tooblue View Post




        The diet in Canada is identical to the US, except maybe poutine ... poutine is disgusting
        This is a form of self-loathing
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • tooblue
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 5136

          #319
          Originally posted by bluegoose View Post

          Respectfully and forcefully disagree!!! Poutine is amazing!

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37987

            #320
            Originally posted by bluegoose View Post

            Respectfully and forcefully disagree!!! Poutine is amazing!
            Poutine, in my limited experience, is fries, cheese, and gravy.

            Who the f%$k objects to any one of those items??? Ever heard of cheese fries? Or cheesy baked potato? Or gravy on mashed potatoes? It is a beautiful and even logical combination that changed my life lo' these many months.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37987

              #321
              Originally posted by tooblue View Post




              The diet in Canada is identical to the US, except maybe poutine ... poutine is disgusting
              Does the Canadian government monitor your web traffic? Because you may be looking at expulsion soon. Especially since you are in the Heart of Canada!
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • tooblue
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 5136

                #322
                Originally posted by falafel View Post

                Poutine, in my limited experience, is fries, cheese, and gravy.

                Who the f%$k objects to any one of those items??? Ever heard of cheese fries? Or cheesy baked potato? Or gravy on mashed potatoes? It is a beautiful and even logical combination that changed my life lo' these many months.
                I don't object to any of those items, but poutine: fries, covered in beef gravy with cheese curds is generally blech!

                Now, I have been to the original poutinerie in Montreal La Banquise multiple times. Every time we are in Montreal it is a must stop. I happily wait in line and I order a small poutine plate off the menu along with a BLT or club sandwich. The food is great. I mostly eat the sandwich and some of the poutine. La B.O.M, or the La Boogalou are family favourites (bacon, merguez sausage and onions or pulled pork with coleslaw and sour cream) It's an experience, and I love experiences. I highly recommend going. It is worth the wait in line.

                But again, regular poutine: fries, covered in beef gravy with cheese curds is generally blech!

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37987

                  #323
                  Originally posted by tooblue View Post

                  I don't object to any of those items, but poutine: fries, covered in beef gravy with cheese curds is generally blech!

                  Now, I have been to the original poutinerie in Montreal La Banquise multiple times. Every time we are in Montreal it is a must stop. I happily wait in line and I order a small poutine plate off the menu along with a BLT or club sandwich. The food is great. I mostly eat the sandwich and some of the poutine. La B.O.M, or the La Boogalou are family favourites (bacon, merguez sausage and onions or pulled pork with coleslaw and sour cream) It's an experience, and I love experiences. I highly recommend going. It is worth the wait in line.

                  But again, regular poutine: fries, covered in beef gravy with cheese curds is generally blech!
                  So, what is the concern with the combo?? Which would your remove? Gravy? Cheese? Potato?
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • tooblue
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5136

                    #324
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post

                    So, what is the concern with the combo?? Which would your remove? Gravy? Cheese? Potato?
                    The gravy in that combination is the problem. My wife and I were at a pub/restaurant a few weeks ago. Next table over a gentlemen ordered classic poutine as a part of his meal. Before even tasting it, he grabbed the salt shaker and shook on a lot of salt. Just witnessing him do that I lost my appetite.

                    Comment

                    • Northwestcoug
                      Cocked and Loaded
                      • May 2011
                      • 18026

                      #325
                      Ironically the best poutine I've had is outside Quebec. It was a diner in Canmore, Alberta.

                      I'm not sure if it's still the case, but in the late 1990's you could get poutine at all Montreal McDonalds.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

                      Comment

                      • chrisrenrut
                        Strikes and Gutters
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 2298

                        #326
                        Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                        Ironically the best poutine I've had is outside Quebec. It was a diner in Canmore, Alberta.

                        I'm not sure if it's still the case, but in the late 1990's you could get poutine at all Montreal McDonalds.
                        In the early 90's, you could get it at Wendys, along with a chicken fried steak sandwich. That and a frosty was a healthy percentage of the meals I ate while serving in the Vancouver suburbs.

                        Comment

                        • The_Tick
                          Made something of myself
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7295

                          #327
                          Poutine at DQ in Canada is pretty damn good.

                          I had poutine twice at WDW this summer. It is pretty dang good at Epcot, and the booth at Disney Springs was pretty awesome.

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37987

                            #328
                            Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            Ironically the best poutine I've had is outside Quebec. It was a diner in Canmore, Alberta.
                            Small world! The very delicious poutine I have been discussing was in Canmore, at Silvertip.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Northwestcoug
                              Cocked and Loaded
                              • May 2011
                              • 18026

                              #329
                              Originally posted by falafel View Post

                              Small world! The very delicious poutine I have been discussing was in Canmore, at Silvertip.
                              I looked up Silvertip. Yeah, the diner I'm talking about was a step above hole in the wall.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37987

                                #330
                                Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

                                I looked up Silvertip. Yeah, the diner I'm talking about was a step above hole in the wall.
                                I'm just sayin', Canmore canmake some good poutine!
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...