2024 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fusnik
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 4475

    #3316
    Originally posted by USUC View Post

    You don't know what you are taking about. At least attempt to understand the basic tenets of a philosophy before building your strawman.
    Government is fundamentally flawed, evil and corrupt. Therefore we should only allow the government to handle the most important things like, lawing, policing, and protecting.

    Comment

    • USUC
      Chronic Poseur
      • Apr 2010
      • 8793

      #3317
      Originally posted by fusnik View Post

      Government is fundamentally flawed, evil and corrupt. Therefore we should only allow the government to handle the most important things like, lawing, policing, and protecting.
      Strawmen just ooze from you like sweat. It's apparently involuntary. This description may fit the beliefs of AnCaps or right wing anarchists, but not those who espouse a directional libertarian or minarchist belief system. Again, understanding the philosophy of those you are attacking can prevent these strawman arguments.

      Hayek, Friedman, Nozick, etc al umderstand the necessity of a state that enforces the basic property rights of individuals. An anarchic society (state of nature) does not protect individual rights as shown by an examination of history. They beleive in enlightenment principles.


      Comment

      • Pelado
        Bald not naked
        • Sep 2010
        • 21142

        #3318
        Originally posted by fusnik View Post
        you want a political philosophy that creates inefficient markets, allows people to burn fires in their back yards, dump shit into streams that go through their property while allowing children to do meth?
        What's wrong with my backyard firepit (other than - according to my wife - its ugliness)?
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #3319
          Originally posted by fusnik View Post

          Government is fundamentally flawed, evil and corrupt. Therefore we should only allow the government to handle the most important things like, lawing, policing, and protecting.
          Yes and I bet Alito's wife is flying the flag upside down right now... And Roberts just flip the Dems all off.

          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37987

            #3320
            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

            Yes and I bet Alito's wife is flying the flag upside down right now... And Roberts just flip the Dems all off.
            How many years do you think Trump will get? Or maybe he'll just get white house arrest? No state visits abroad. SAD.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • frank ryan
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12374

              #3321
              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

              Yes and I bet Alito's wife is flying the flag upside down right now... And Roberts just flip the Dems all off.
              That's poor leadership on Roberts part, and he has been someone I've respected.

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #3322
                What the h*ll have you Dems done?!?






                Even the Dems are donating to Trump!...

                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #3323
                  And why isn't Grandpa Joe getting any camera time?!?





                  No one loves Joe.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • LVAllen
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2013
                    • 3274

                    #3324
                    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    What the h*ll have you Dems done?!?






                    Even the Dems are donating to Trump!...

                    There will be, of course, no contemporaneous evidence given that either of those statements are true. There will also be no followup once the FEC reports are filed.

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #3325
                      WTF...

                      Donald Trump gets a SIX-POINT bump in approval after being found guilty on 34 counts according to snap Daily Mail poll: 'I think it was a waste of taxpayer money'
                      • JL Partners used a panel of 403 likely voters to asses the impact of guilty verdict
                      • The results showed an improvement in Trump's favorability ratings
                      • Read more: The blunders that undermined Trump's defense in hush money case
                      Teflon Don rides again, according to an exclusive snap poll for DailyMail.com which found that the guilty verdict in Manhattan only improved the former president's standing with likely voters ahead of the 2024 election.

                      Of those who said the 34 guilty counts had changed their view of Donald Trump, 22 percent said they now had a more favorable rating compared with 16 percent who said they viewed him more negatively.

                      That six-point net positive result is another sign of the way the businessman-turned-politician seems able to ride out crises that would sink anyone else.
                      [...]
                      Teflon Don rides again, according to an exclusive poll for DailyMail.com which found that the guilty verdict in Manhattan only improved the former president's standing with likely voters.


                      Don't they know that Trump is going to destroy democracy, the complete US government, the world, the universe, and all life everywhere?!?
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • All-American
                        Right, as Usual
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 15665

                        #3326
                        I don't care who you are. This should bother you.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                        Comment

                        • Uncle Ted
                          The Big 12 money shot.
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 28853

                          #3327
                          And Dems are leaving the party like rats from a sinking ship....



                          Joining the party of Bernie and Sinema.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • USUC
                            Chronic Poseur
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 8793

                            #3328
                            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            And Dems are leaving the party like rats from a sinking ship....



                            Joining the party of Bernie and Sinema.
                            Fingers getting a workout today aren't they.

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #3329
                              So Musk is doing a Town hall on X for Trump and Bobby Jr…



                              but no town hall for Grandpa Joe?
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37987

                                #3330
                                Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                So Musk is doing a Town hall on X for Trump and Bobby Jr…



                                but no town hall for Grandpa Joe?
                                Worked out real well for DeSantis.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...