Jobs Bill: More govt giving to local govt. (UGH)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moliere
    One man.....one pie
    • Oct 2009
    • 27875

    #31
    I wish Obama would bail out the energy/utility industry. My bonus is suffereing a bit this year and I'd really like a boost next year. He's already giving my company $200 million in grants but a low cost loan or something else would also be nice.

    Anyone still have that email address to the WH?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

    Comment

    • mUUser
      Giggity
      • Jul 2009
      • 1142

      #32
      Obama Jobs Bill

      Serious fun; heavy snow; sight unseen; silent alarm; and of course...JUMBO shrimp

      another wasteful Obama spending bill is more appropriate

      Comment

      • RobinFinderson
        Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 10548

        #33
        Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
        Why? Because he won't kiss Obama's ass?
        You should work on developing a cheerful disposition. It would be good for your blood pressure.

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #34
          Originally posted by mUUser View Post
          Obama Jobs Bill

          Serious fun; heavy snow; sight unseen; silent alarm; and of course...JUMBO shrimp

          another wasteful Obama spending bill is more appropriate
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • frank ryan
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12349

            #35
            Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            Yep.. I am not selfish enough to see this massive spending as a good thing for me. In fact. Unlike the federal govt, us local/state folks have taken several pay cuts etc to ensure we stay within our budget. I have gotten no increase over the past 2 years, and also have to take 4 weeks of unpaid leave over the next 2 years as well. Plus my medical benefits have gone up.. It only seems fair they (The Feds) be expected to do the same...

            If you think I am going to let what I do for a living shape my beliefs. or my opinion Sorry, but you are wrong...
            It is odd that what you do for a living doesn't impact your politics or beliefs. Your evangelism for smaller government still seems to lack cred. But to each his own ...

            Comment

            Working...