The official diet and nutrition thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    Anyone tried the Built Bar? Keep hearing ads and sports radio guys talking about how awesome they are (I know, I know - what else are their ads going to say?)
    I haven't tried them. But my friend who is built like a Greek god swears by them.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Enough teasing GM, let's get some before/after photos up in this thread.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Enough teasing GM, let's get some before/after photos up in this thread.
        Haha. The problem is that I'm still super obese. When I hit 100 pounds lost, I'll consider posting B/A pics

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

Haha. The problem is that I'm still super obese. When I hit 100 pounds lost, I'll consider posting B/A pics
          I resemble that remark.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I’ll be checking r/brogress in the meantime.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• -79. I seem to have powered through the plateau of December and January. Fingers crossed.

Comment

-79. I seem to have powered through the plateau of December and January. Fingers crossed.

Comment

-79. I seem to have powered through the plateau of December and January. Fingers crossed.
                  Congrats! Only 21 more pounds and we get the promised b/a pics
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Has anyone here lost a substantial amount of weight and have been able to keep it off?

I have lost about 35 lbs in the last 11 months. I did it with two separate bouts of major calorie restriction (initial 20 lbs in spring/summer, final 15 lbs in last 2 months). I'm at my goal of 165 and want to start eating normal again. Not my old normal of course, but the 2300 calories a day these calculators say someone with my weight, height, and activity level ahould need to maintin. But I'm afraid I'll gain a substantial amount back. I'm going to try reverse dieting (add 60 calories a week until I reach 2300 a day). But I have no idea if this actually works

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                      Has anyone here lost a substantial amount of weight and have been able to keep it off?

I have lost about 35 lbs in the last 11 months. I did it with two separate bouts of major calorie restriction (initial 20 lbs in spring/summer, final 15 lbs in last 2 months). I'm at my goal of 165 and want to start eating normal again. Not my old normal of course, but the 2300 calories a day these calculators say someone with my weight, height, and activity level ahould need to maintin. But I'm afraid I'll gain a substantial amount back. I'm going to try reverse dieting (add 60 calories a week until I reach 2300 a day). But I have no idea if this actually works
                      I know someone on here who divorced and swears he won't remarry. Does that count?
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post

I know someone on here who divorced and swears he won't remarry. Does that count?
                        What can I say, I've lost a lot of weight through divorce and, yes, the majority of it I'll never gain back.

It is time for me to get fairly serious though about losing some weight and doing it in a healthy manner. I dropped 20 pounds (that I have kept off to date), by the fact that I could barely eat for a month. I wouldn't suggest that weight loss solution.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Has anyone here lost a substantial amount of weight and have been able to keep it off?
                          Does 30 lbs count?

Takes a ton of vigilance to keep it off. And I think if someone loses weight using a gimmick diet (keto, pills, severe caloric reduction, etc), it is going to be really tough to keep it off. It needs to be a holistic lifestyle change - exercise, reduced carbs, eating patterns, less junk, etc.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

This is my chief concern. I don't plan to stop eating the way I'm eating (Clean Simple Eats). It's actually pretty tasty, they give me the grocery lists, and I leave myself some margin for error and for splurges now and again. Icing on the cake: I spend way less money on food.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Does 30 lbs count?

Takes a ton of vigilance to keep it off. And I think if someone loses weight using a gimmick diet (keto, pills, severe caloric reduction, etc), it is going to be really tough to keep it off. It needs to be a holistic lifestyle change - exercise, reduced carbs, eating patterns, less junk, etc.

Because I've been counting calories, I'm much more aware of how much damage that extra cookie or donut is. One thing I know I have to improve is an increase in protein and a decrease in carbs. But I have essentially cut out any drink in my diet that isnt water. Its just not worth it.

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

This is my chief concern. I don't plan to stop eating the way I'm eating (Clean Simple Eats). It's actually pretty tasty, they give me the grocery lists, and I leave myself some margin for error and for splurges now and again. Icing on the cake: I spend way less money on food.

I have growing kids that I have to feed a lot of calories to. I wish I had an option like this.

Comment

• I'm down 40 lbs since October. I don't count calories, I do weigh in every day, skip breakfast every day, skip lunch more often than not, and depending on the morning weigh-in, sometimes I eat a regular dinner and sometimes I go light. On holidays or celebrations, I eat what I want and enjoy myself. Sometimes it takes a few days to get back to where I'm dropping again, but it feels sustainable to enjoy a nice meal here and there and eat a little more than is completely healthy now and then.

I'm sitting at about 225 now, hoping to get close to 200 and see how I feel. Depending on that, I may just try to stick around there +/- 5 lbs. Maybe it's not the best plan ever, but I'm going to just keep weighing in each morning, seeing where I'm at, and adjust my meals for the day accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                                X