Sleep

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UtahDan
    *
    • Nov 2008
    • 14496

    #16
    Originally posted by CJF View Post
    I made a resolution to be in bed by 11:00 pm every work night this year. That extra 90 minutes has made a big difference already. I'm going to try to maintain 7 hours throughout 2013.
    I made that resolution to. It really does make a big difference when I follow it.

    Comment

    • Clark Addison
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10306

      #17
      I have to wake up at 5:30 during the school year to get my daughter to seminary, so I usually get about 7 hours.

      Actually, during the summer I usually get about 7 hours too, but everything shifts one hour later.

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #18
        Originally posted by Danimal View Post
        I love the quiet time at night when everybody is asleep and I can do whatever.
        I love this night when the world's asleep. I especially like going to shopping center parking lots in the 2-4AM time range during the high summer and being out of doors during the hot night.

        But, I also like how long the day lasts when you get up really early. That's why I like swimming in the mornings.
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • lambdacoug
          Junior Member
          • Oct 2011
          • 3981

          #19
          4-6

          Sent from a Jelly Bean
          Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
          - Howard Aiken

          Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
          - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

          Comment

          • OhioBlue
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 1129

            #20
            Do best with 7.5-8 if I can. Usually am in bed by 9:30, up at 5.

            Comment

            • frank ryan
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12366

              #21
              Originally posted by OhioBlue View Post
              Do best with 7.5-8 if I can. Usually am in bed by 9:30, up at 5.
              You go to bed early! Getting up at 5 is for seniors and birds.

              Comment

              • clackamascoug
                Banned
                • Dec 2009
                • 9709

                #22
                Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                I love this night when the world's asleep. I especially like going to shopping center parking lots in the 2-4AM time range during the high summer and being out of doors during the hot night.

                But, I also like how long the day lasts when you get up really early. That's why I like swimming in the mornings.
                Momma always said... "Aint nothing good going on in a parking lot at 3 am."

                I agree however there's something really special driving around, with the windows down, on a hot summers night. Do people even cruise any more?

                Comment

                • OhioBlue
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 1129

                  #23
                  Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  You go to bed early! Getting up at 5 is for seniors and birds.
                  ...and runners.

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #24
                    Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    Momma always said... "Aint nothing good going on in a parking lot at 3 am."
                    Momma didn't know nothin'.
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • RC Vikings
                      Known Heterosexual
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 8789

                      #25
                      I get to sleep around midnight and wake up at 5:30 am. I use to have a hard time falling asleep but i take my IPod to bed, stick the ear bud in the side I won't be sleeping on and I'm out after about two or three songs. It works best with really mellow music.

                      Comment

                      • creekster
                        It is NOT a monkey!
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22661

                        #26
                        In bed around midnight. Up around six on most weekdays. I think i posted once elsewhere that my only possible superpower is the ability to sleep deeply almost anywhere and any time. My head hits the pillow and a few minutes later I'm Out til morning.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                        Comment

                        • The_Douger
                          Athletic Supporter
                          • Jun 2012
                          • 5413

                          #27
                          Between midnight and 1am is when I go to bed. I get up between 7 and 8.
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69697

                            #28
                            I usually go to bed between 12-1 am and get up around 7 am.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • CardiacCoug
                              вот так штука
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 11013

                              #29
                              Usually I sleep from midnight to 6:30 or so.

                              Every 8-10 nights I only get a couple of hours of sleep when on call. Then for a night or two after I go to bed a little earlier, around 10 or so.

                              My wife is asleep by 10 PM probably 90% of the time and gets up at 5 or even a little earlier to run.

                              So my question regarding sleep habits for the married folks: Does anybody go to bed at the exact same time as your spouse every night?

                              Comment

                              • The_Douger
                                Athletic Supporter
                                • Jun 2012
                                • 5413

                                #30
                                Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                                Usually I sleep from midnight to 6:30 or so.

                                Every 8-10 nights I only get a couple of hours of sleep when on call. Then for a night or two after I go to bed a little earlier, around 10 or so.

                                My wife is asleep by 10 PM probably 90% of the time and gets up at 5 or even a little earlier to run.

                                So my question regarding sleep habits for the married folks: Does anybody go to bed at the exact same time as your spouse every night?
                                I do occasionally, but not a ton. She likes to go to bed earlier than I do, and she used to take great offense to it when we were first married. When we were first having kids, she'd go to bed at like 9 and I'd stay up until 1 or 2 to do a bottle, and then she'd get up for the 5 or 6am one.

                                She doesn't take offense anymore, she just realizes that I'm kind of a night owl and she likes to get in bed earlier, but every now and then if we're watching a show that goes until 11 or so, I'll go get in bed with her and talk until she falls asleep.
                                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                                Comment

                                Working...