X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
    ...while I was shaving my back...
    Gross.

In all seriousness, I hope you feel better. Back pain is the worst.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by COUGZ View Post
      You got it wrong...I never said "I hit 3 Iron"....what I said was "I hit 4 Iron"....and I'm ready to play whenever.
      How about 3 iron right at my head? That was a good shot as well.
      *Banned*

Comment

• Finished 3rd. Started out triple, double. Then caught fire and played a pretty solid round. Actually tied for 2nd but the tiebreaker was the number 1 handicap hole, which is hole 1 which I tripled. .

Good day, great weather.

First place ran away with it, won by 5 strokes.
        *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Finished 3rd. Started out triple, double. Then caught fire and played a pretty solid round. Actually tied for 2nd but the tiebreaker was the number 1 handicap hole, which is hole 1 which I tripled. .

Good day, great weather.

First place ran away with it, won by 5 strokes.
          Way to go. In the money.

I shot an 83 today, still to many doubles and triples. However my partner and I teamed great. Up $240 today.

Comment

• Dan Forsman shoots a 62 today to lead in the Champions Tour. MY BIL has known him 20+ years, and has nothing but good to say about him. Bobby Clampett is right behind. Jed and Granny must be proud. It's a good day for Riverside CC.
            Last edited by clackamascoug; 05-15-2010, 09:49 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Finished 3rd. Started out triple, double. Then caught fire and played a pretty solid round
              I wonder if DDD knows people here miss him so badly they are destroying their golf games to honor him?
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                Way to go. In the money.

I shot an 83 today, still to many doubles and triples. However my partner and I teamed great. Up $240 today.

That's a solid round...I played my first 18 of the year and game in with a solid 81. Frustrated by the fact that 3 of the first 4 holes I was hitting lob wedge into the green only to over hit each ball and bag bogeys on those shots...

Oh well. 3 easy shots from a 78 to start the year...
                If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer

Comment

• Just realized I hadnt given an update on my Okalhoma trip.

I was able to get 3.5 rounds in between our busy conference schedule...Luckily my boss is a golfer

Tuesday we play a local course called Lincoln Park West course (http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses...?course=912945)

It was windy as hell with a chance of thunderstorms. Chance my ass! The weather worstened with every hole. It helped me hit a 3 hybrid 270 yds onto the green. As we approached the 8th teebox, the tornado sirens went off so we booked it back to the pro shop. We were met outside by the Pro and he said to leave the carts in the parking lot and get to shelter. His exact words were something like "if you vakue your life or your car, get to somewhere safe"

We got a raincheck and went back the next day. Still overcast with some rain, and still very windy but we finished all 18. I shot a 98.

Wednsday we hit another local course called Trosper Park (http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses...?course=918945)

Its a really nice course and well maintained. I really enjoyed the course and shot an 86. Best round Ive had in a long while.

The highlight of our trip was supposed to be golfing at Winter Creek golf course, supposedly the 2nd best golf course in all Oklahoma. It was right smack dab in the middle of tornado alley. We showed up and there was nobody there except 2 staff. We were the only ones on the course much of the day. There was light rain on and off and thunder in the distance. It has water on 12/18 holes and most greens are guarded by bunkers all around. The bunkers were wet and muddy and were my downfall. Front nine the wind was blowing bad and we were pretty miserable. By the time we reached the back 9, there was a break in the weather and I started playing better. I managed a 99, but it could have been alot worse. Our boss (high 80's~low 90's player) shot a 62 on the front and probabbly worse on the back. Tick carded a 93.

So for the 3 complete rounds I shot 98, 86, 99
                  Tick shot 100, 93, 93

Overall it was a fun trip.
                  "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Tomorrow it is going to happen. I am going to get into the 70's.

Temperature is supposed to be in the mid 70's.

My problem with my teeth is pretty well fixed.

Got a new supply of Lori Tab after my dental appt. today.

I went to the chiropractor today.

In two hours I am headed down to get a massage.

I can feel it coming. Your thoughts and prayers will be appreciated.

Comment

Tomorrow it is going to happen. I am going to get into the 70's.

Mid 70's? Wasn't it dumping snow yesterday? WTF is going on with your weather there?

Good luck!
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        Mid 70's? Wasn't it dumping snow yesterday? WTF is going on with your weather there?

Good luck!
                        WTF is right!!! I decided to go check the weather. It has changed. High sixties and cloudy. Weather guy Sunday night had 70's and sunny Weds. through Sat. Now low 60's and rain Fri. and Sat. HOLY CRAP.

I guess the good news the forecasters could be wrong.

Global warming my butt.

Comment

Tomorrow it is going to happen. I am going to get into the 70's.

Well.... I've been waiting all day for your report on the doubles and triples that caused you to shoot a 83. How'd you fare?

My back is much better, and I think I'll give it a go on Saturday. I got a new Grafalloy Epic Shaft for my I-Mix Callaway, and I think its going to be a very nice combo.

Did Art get reprimanded by his Stake Pres, for hanging on a online forum?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Well.... I've been waiting all day for your report on the doubles and triples that caused you to shoot a 83. How'd you fare?

My back is much better, and I think I'll give it a go on Saturday. I got a new Grafalloy Epic Shaft for my I-Mix Callaway, and I think its going to be a very nice combo.

I don't know. But I'd like to know if he picked up that R9 driver and he ever sold his Diablo.

I went to the range yesterday with just my driver during lunch. I was all over the place (pulling, pushing, hooking, slicing) and every little correction seemed to exacerbate the problem. I am thinking that I should have taken an iron with me to warm up with just to get my swing going.
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

I guess I just need a challenge and it isn't over yet. I shot an 84. At least that is on the low end of the range for what I have been doing lately. A triple and 4 doubles. My chipping is now my nemisis (sp). Some of my chips are going straight right.

I hope your back stays in good shape. Bad back and golf is a bad combination.
                              Last edited by byu71; 05-27-2010, 06:34 AM.

Comment

I guess I just need challeng and it isn't over yet. I shot an 84. At least that is on the low end of the range for what I have been doing lately. A triple and 3 doubles. My chipping is now my nemisis (sp). Some of my chips are going straight right.

Time to get one of these :

-Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X