The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    That's Husky's joke. Did you get permission to use it?
    It would be a violation of attorney-client privilege if I told you. Also, i'm pretty sure I made that joke (or one similar) before you even knew HFN.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      It would be a violation of attorney-client privilege if I told you. Also, i'm pretty sure I made that joke (or one similar) before you even knew HFN.
      Yours was an operating system joke. HFN added value with the modem sounds bit, which is what you are currently ripping off.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        What is your handicap DH? I know you mentioned before you aren't able to play very often, yet you also said in passing that you can hang with a scratch golfer if he gives you 8 strokes. I'm just trying to calculate how many strokes you need to spot me next year when I come down for the MWC and you, Falf with his new dynamic gold shafts, and I hit the links.
        He kicked my butt, but as I have been saying, that ain't so hard to do anymore.

Edit: That is probably unfair to make it sound like it was because I played bad. Donut played well, especially the back 9 if I remember correctly. So his margin of victory was quite large.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          What is your handicap DH? I know you mentioned before you aren't able to play very often, yet you also said in passing that you can hang with a scratch golfer if he gives you 8 strokes. I'm just trying to calculate how many strokes you need to spot me next year when I come down for the MWC and you, Falf with his new dynamic gold shafts, and I hit the links.
          I have never kept an actual handicap, but I usually golf in the mid to low 80s. I've broken 80 a handful of times, but I don't get out frequently enough to make that a regular occurrence. I have never broken par on 18--the closest I've come is a 75, which I shot last summer at a local course here in Vegas.

I have yet to get on the course since I took a new job 2 months ago.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I have never kept an actual handicap, but I usually golf in the mid to low 80s. I've broken 80 a handful of times, but I don't get out frequently enough to make that a regular occurrence. I have never broken par on 18--the closest I've come is a 75, which I shot last summer at a local course here in Vegas.

Its almost light enough for an early morning 9 at Durango!
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              He kicked my butt, but as I have been saying, that ain't so hard to do anymore.

Edit: That is probably unfair to make it sound like it was because I played bad. Donut played well, especially the back 9 if I remember correctly. So his margin of victory was quite large.
              Yeah, if I can avoid the rough start or the implosion hole, that's when I break 80. When we golfed, I think I was 6 over through 3, and played the remaining 15 holes at 8 over, or something like that.
              Last edited by Donuthole; 05-03-2010, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Ok fair enough I will call you a 3.0, after two train-wreck finishes last week (Thursday I was +4 over last four holes, then I topped that Friday with my double, double, bogey, bogey finish) I'm up to almost a 12. So you can give my 5 strokes a side.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Its almost light enough for an early morning 9 at Durango!
                  The way you two are bickering in this thread, I'm really scared that is some kind of euphemism.

Comment

• So those aren't the Tiger Slam clubs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=5161877

The clubs are for sale on eBay for $250,000. Woods said during a news conference at The Players Championship that the actual clubs used in the "Tiger Slam" are in his garage.
                    Former Titelist Director of Tour Operations Steve Mata is the owner of the irons on eBay.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours...iger-slam.html
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• The Tick and I are going to be in Oklahoma City next week for a gas measurement conference, and our boss is wanting to golf on Thursday afternoon. Looks like it will be here: http://www.coffeecreekgolfclub.com/

Anyone ever played this course? Any better courses around OKC to look at?
                      "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Speaking of courses has anyone played Skyline Mountain in Fairview?

I am playing in a tournament at Palisades next Saturday, and we are staying in a buddies cabin in Fairview Friday night. So I thought maybe I will try to get in a warm up round at the course in Fairview.
                        *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                          The Tick and I are going to be in Oklahoma City next week for a gas measurement conference, and our boss is wanting to golf on Thursday afternoon. Looks like it will be here: http://www.coffeecreekgolfclub.com/

Anyone ever played this course? Any better courses around OKC to look at?
                          Par 70 is your first clue... I'd look around.

Side Bar: I served 6 months of my 2 year sentence in OKC. Member of the ward was a member at Twin Hills Country Club, and as he was a MP holder, we'd drop my companion off at the ZL's and he and I would go golfing at his club. Probably played there 5 times back in the day. Golf has often opened doors for me. Also played at Lake Heffner golf course, although its a little rougher, but on goog earth looks interesting.
                          Last edited by clackamascoug; 05-05-2010, 05:45 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• We will be playing here: www.wintercreekgolf.com

Looks lie a great course and has alot of good reviews.
                            "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                              We will be playing here: www.wintercreekgolf.com

Looks lie a great course and has alot of good reviews.
                              Now that's a lot better. I checked out the real estate associated with the golf club. Look at this house and price for $275,000. Nice...

http://www.wintercreekgolf.com/sites...4/IMG_1158.jpg

Comment

• Friday Report

44+44=88

The Love/Hate is still going on with the new driver. I snapped hooked 6 different drives today, none going more than 200 yards. You'd think that would be a guilty verdict for a new club. On the other hand I had 5 drives in the 260-270 range with a sweet mini draw. I'm usually in the 250 range, and don't bend the ball much either way. This new driver has a built in draw bias, and when I hit it appropriately, it had the distance I want and a sweet ball flight. I think I'm getting used to it as I try hold hold my right hand more square at impact, the ball is flying really well, 'cepting the quick swing snap hooks.

My poor scoring can be attributed to the poor drives, and perhaps the worst putting day in a long time. I 3 putted 4 times. Once from 4 feet. On a par 5 I hit one of the great drives, and had 191 to the middle. I hit a hybrid, snap out of bounds to the left. I reloaded and with the same club had the best ball flite of the day, high and light and all over the pin. Had a 6 footer to save par. Bogey. It feels like I'm on the verge of going low as many shots are spot on, its just the errors are stacking up quicker than the good ones.

If I could get the time to play 3 days in a row, I might be able to develop some good inertia to carry me through the season. I just need playing time.

(Funny event of the day - A playing partner 5 putted from 15' - and he about came unglued - no, actually, he did have a melt down. I think if a pistol would have been handy, someone could have gotten hurt. He went temporarily insane, and felt he needed to apologize 2 holes later. It was seriously funny - par five on in three, putting birdie from 15, and ends up with an 8, - I'm still chuckling)
                                Last edited by clackamascoug; 05-07-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X