Official "Before and After" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post

My Captain America got new carpet and a new bed.
    The walls are very Utey. Did you use the official color for Utah from Home Depot?

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      The walls are very Utey. Did you use the official color for Utah from Home Depot?
      The wife painted the walls 4 years ago while I was at a game.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
        The wife painted the walls 4 years ago while I was at a game.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
        That's funny. I was just curious about the color because I know the official Sooners' color is way off. It looks like Nebraska red or something.

Comment

The second coat is on, the accent paint is up. We're in the home stretch now:

Serious pain in the ass, but the end result is 99% satisfactory. There's a tiny hiccup on close inspection, but it'll do, pig. It'll do.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I never noticed it before but that's the same oven that still resides in my parents house. Theirs is brown. Very good oven but had I decided to buy their house I would have replaced it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              I never noticed it before but that's the same oven that still resides in my parents house. Theirs is brown. Very good oven but had I decided to buy their house I would have replaced it.
              This time next year, I hope to have sold it to kccoug's wife. If not, we're still getting a new one. I lust after some Electrolux and Kitchenaid models at Lowe's, but I tell myself that like most models, they're photoshopped too. (For you, Babs).
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Are you going to paint the oven wuap? Because although the reno looks great, that paint seriously clashes with the oven.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Are you going to paint the oven wuap? Because although the reno looks great, that paint seriously clashes with the oven.
                  You should totally paint that oven door wuap! It would be easy to take it off and paint it with some appliance paint. Wouldn't cost more than $15 if that.
                  Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                  God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                  Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    No, it gets too hot to paint it. We'll have to endure the jarring clash for a season.

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                      You should totally paint that oven door wuap! It would be easy to take it off and paint it with some appliance paint. Wouldn't cost more than $15 if that.
                      Appliance paint you say? I will go and investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        No, it gets too hot to paint it. We'll have to endure the jarring clash for a season.
                        How do you think the oven came to be that shade in the first place?
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          How do you think the oven came to be that shade in the first place?
                          I assumed that it was a factory original.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            I assumed that it was a factory original.
                            There is a guy at the factory that paints those ovens turquoise. With paint.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              There is a guy at the factory that paints those ovens turquoise. With paint.
                              i would wager that it is powder coated. lots of appliances and other things that are routinely exposed to high heat are.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
                                i would wager that it is powder coated. lots of appliances and other things that are routinely exposed to high heat are.
                                you'd make money on that wager, if it isn't a powder coat, it's a baked enamel. Even so, most appliance paint will work for the face of an oven, provided it doesn't get so hot that it's uncomfortable to touch with your bare hand while operating.

wuap, this is what you want:

http://stovepaintbyjim.com/category/...e-stove-paint/
                                Last edited by pellegrino; 06-20-2011, 07:01 PM.
                                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                                Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Working...
                                X