general conference april 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoopJahoop View Post
    I definitely do not think it’s a good thing. Unless he replaces Clark. Then it might be the goodest thing ever.
    Clark is gone!

Comment

Clark is gone!

Remind me who Clark is and why I should be happy.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Clark is gone!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          Yes, that’s my point. They aren’t incapable, it’s just that most things aren’t important enough for them to care. It is, at base, a type of selfishness and assertion of superiority.
          Or--hear me out first--getting to church on time isn't everyone's top priority. Just a thought.

Comment

• For those of you who aren’t Creekster’s age and are complaining about people not being on time for church, take a step back. You’re still relatively young. Don’t be that guy who’s old before their time.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              For those of you who aren’t Creekster’s age and are complaining about people not being on time for church, take a step back. You’re still relatively young. Don’t be that guy who’s old before their time.
              I’m not complaining at all. I’m late all the time. But it is what it is. Even bill Clinton realized that, eventually.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

For those of you who aren’t Creekster’s age and are complaining about people not being on time for church, take a step back. You’re still relatively young. Don’t be that guy who’s old before their time.
                You should be embarrassed to make such a banal and predictable post.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  You should be embarrassed to make such a banal and predictable post.

Our church-going tension was what constituted being on time. I argued that as long as we were sitting in a pew before the opening prayer, we were good. Mrs. NWC fought to be there before the opening hymn started, a practice she inherited from her parents. The kids agreed with me, but of course we lost that battle.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Our church-going tension was what constituted being on time. I argued that as long as we were sitting in a pew before the opening closing prayer ended, we were good. Mrs. NWC fought to be there before the opening hymn started, a practice she inherited from her parents. The kids agreed with me, but of course we lost that battle.
                    fify
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      Remind me who Clark is and why I should be happy.
                      CES commissioner who bought into the Innovative University crap and gave us the farce that is Pathway

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        Or--hear me out first--getting to church on time isn't everyone's top priority. Just a thought.
                        Thanks captain obvious—that's what frustrates many us

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                          Thanks captain obvious—that's what frustrates many us
                          You get frustrated when people have prorities that differ from your own?

Comment

CES commissioner who bought into the Innovative University crap and gave us the farce that is Pathway
                            Pathway is a farce? Do tell. I'm 8 classes away from getting my BS. Educate me before I waste more of my time and my extremely discounted tuition.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                              Pathway is a farce? Do tell. I'm 8 classes away from getting my BS. Educate me before I waste more of my time and my extremely discounted tuition.
                              It was a great experience for my son.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                                That's great; way to go.
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X