I like being Mormon

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #1

    I like being Mormon

    I have no additional commentary. I just wanted to share an original thought in the foyer.
  • DU Ute
    RIP CUF
    • Dec 2008
    • 7393

    #2
    I like the cut of your jib, Art Vandelay.
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #3
      I like being a victim of Mormonism.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • DU Ute
        RIP CUF
        • Dec 2008
        • 7393

        #4
        I like victimizing my fellow Mormons.
        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

        Comment

        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
          Time to camp
          • Nov 2008
          • 26082

          #5
          I like it more than I would like being a snake handler.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment

          • SeattleUte
            Faith crisis consultant
            • Nov 2008
            • 20837

            #6
            Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            I have no additional commentary. I just wanted to share an original thought in the foyer.
            I have also heard this variant: "We like believing what we believe." I wouldn't argue with that.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

            --Jonathan Swift

            Comment

            • SoonerCoug
              Joycelyn Elders Supporter
              • Nov 2008
              • 4680

              #7
              I like being Mormonish.
              That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

              http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

              Comment

              • Art Vandelay
                Striving for mediocrity
                • Jul 2009
                • 10516

                #8
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                I wouldn't argue with that.
                I don't believe that for a second. "That" is like the variable in an equation, it doesn't really matter what it is, you will argue. Thoroughbreds are bred to run, you my friend are meant to bitch and moan

                Comment

                • BlueHair
                  Boom Bitches!!!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 2894

                  #9
                  I'm happy I'm a Mormon. I'm even happier that I'm an inactive Mormon.
                  Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                  Comment

                  • Indy Coug
                    Heartless Bastard
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 18747

                    #10
                    Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                    I like being Mormonish.
                    You mean having a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof?
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

                    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                    Comment

                    • SoonerCoug
                      Joycelyn Elders Supporter
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4680

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      You mean having a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof?
                      One time when I was 8, I had really bad mono because this chick at school sneezed on me. I ended up with a 104 temperature an an enlarged spleen, and I was walking around the house delirious. (No joke--I was completely out of it and peeing in strange places.)

                      In retrospect, it was probably more severe because I also had inflammatory bowel disease. My dad gave me a blessing and I totally snapped out of the delirium. Ten years ago, I had to have emergency surgery when my small intestine perforated and I became septic. My Mormonish dad put my name on the temple prayer list thingy, which I thought was strange at the time, especially since my family is pretty secular.

                      Hope is a powerful thing. I have never denied the power of that blessing or the prayer roll, but I have come to view them differently. I wouldn't say that I deny the power. I just view these things without superstition.
                      That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

                      http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #12
                        I like being IN Mormonism, but not OF Mormonism.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • LA Ute
                          Receiver of Memory
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 19512

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                          I like being a victim of Mormonism.
                          That one made me laugh.

                          Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                          I like victimizing my fellow Mormons.
                          And that one made me laugh again.

                          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                          ― W.H. Auden


                          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                          Comment

                          • Jarid in Cedar
                            CS Institutional Memory
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 13234

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                            I like being a victim of Mormonism.
                            You can't victimize the willing.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                            -Rick Majerus

                            Comment

                            • thesaint258
                              aka Benito Hazard
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 3005

                              #15
                              Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                              I like victimizing my fellow Mormons.
                              Which MLM do you represent?
                              Not that, sickos.

                              Comment

                              Working...