Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    You asked which first vision. I answered. I'm just saying--he tried to become a Methodist after Jesus told him not to. That's pretty bad. I would do whatever Jesus told me to do.
    You brought it up first. It's not my fault that you are so pissed that GAs are paid a very normal salary for clergy (many are saying they are vastly underpaid, read the PFS article) that you have to deflect to another argument.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      You brought it up first. It's not my fault that you are so pissed that GAs are paid a very normal salary for clergy (many are saying they are vastly underpaid, read the PFS article) that you have to deflect to another argument.
      I'm not pissed. I feel bad for them.

They should earn more.

But at least in their waning years they receive 24-hour in-home nursing care, which is worth many hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Yes, this is true. Yes, I know this from good sources.

Comment

They should earn more.

But at least in their waning years they receive 24-hour in-home nursing care, which is worth many hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Yes, this is true. Yes, I know this from good sources.
        Documentary evidence? Or anecdotal evidence from sources you won't name?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          It doesn't matter, because didn't you hear? Joseph Smith was HUMAN!!!!!!!

Comment

They should earn more.

Lol.

You should take a break and fight again another day.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Let me put it this way.

My evidence is much better than any evidence for the fundamental truth claims of Mormonism.

Comment

Let me put it this way.

My evidence is much better than any evidence for the fundamental truth claims of Mormonism.
                Evasive. I thought you were here to discuss things on all fours?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yes you are. You can't handle it that not only is it less than $600k, it's wildly less than that amount. It's okay, you'll forget about it soon enough.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Let me put it this way.

Whether by actual evidence or by the mouth of Byron Marchant, it is the same.

Comment

I'm so confused.

I'm surrounded by people who believe in a book that says pre-Columbian America contained:

1) Horses
                      2) Elephants
                      3) Swords
                      4) Chariots
                      5) Barley
                      6) Honeybees
                      7) Goats
                      8) Swine
                      9) Cows
                      10) Silk
                      11) Windows
                      12) Compasses
                      13) Cimiters

And a book that contains innumerable linguistic anachronisms

All originating from visions purportedly received by a 14-year-old boy, who later tried to become a Methodist despite the fact that Jesus Christ himself told him at age 14 not to join any other church (ballsy of him).

And this man later grew up to become an adult who said that he didn't really want to have multiple wives but an Angel with a Flaming Sword made him do it.

And yet YOU are asking ME to show you evidence.

Comment

I kinda like that Joseph Smith tried to become a Methodist. It makes me feel closer to my Methodist buddies. I celebrate the partial truths of Methodism.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          I kinda like that Joseph Smith tried to become a Methodist. It makes me feel closer to my Methodist buddies. I celebrate the partial truths of Methodism.
                          I also like Methodism.

But would you attempt to become a methodist after Jesus Christ himself came down and told you not to? Gutsy!

Although he apparently didn't go through with it, so I'll give him that. Maybe he had wondered at times whether it was really Jesus that appeared to him.

Comment

You wave this methodism around as if it is a smoking gun. JS did a lot of things in his youth that he was told not to do. Flirting with methodism seem quite honorable to me, compared to say, digging for treasure. Doesn't bother me one bit. Does it bother anyone else?

Comment

You wave this methodism around as if it is a smoking gun. JS did a lot of things in his youth that he was told not to do. Flirting with methodism seem quite honorable to me, compared to say, digging for treasure. Doesn't bother me one bit. Does it bother anyone else?
                              I'm not bothered.

Comment

Doesn't particularly bother me. You might as well ask why JS was praying to know his standing before God.

Comment

Working...
                                X